Negative Gold After City Captured

SpartanU

Chieftain
After a city is captured, the invading civ sometimes takes more gold from your treasury than you have, leaving you with a negative treasury. I've uploaded a save where the AI have just captured a city, and as a result my treasury has become negative.

I think the negative treasury is a bug, but I think this mechanic should be adjusted so that the proportion of your treasury lost is in proportion to what fraction of your population (or commerce, etc.) is in the given city. In the case of my save, one of my smaller cities was captured; however my treasury was completely destroyed.

I don't think the invader should see reduced gold from capturing a city however. I think the mechanic could work similarly to how pillaging cottages works, where the cottage is damaged and the pillager receives gold.

Attachments

• negative gold.CivBeyondSwordSave
    353.3 KB · Views: 199
After a city is captured, the invading civ sometimes takes more gold from your treasury than you have, leaving you with a negative treasury. I've uploaded a save where the AI have just captured a city, and as a result my treasury has become negative.

That seems to be a bug with the Aggressive trait and the Tribalism civic. Added to my todo list.

I think the negative treasury is a bug, but I think this mechanic should be adjusted so that the proportion of your treasury lost is in proportion to what fraction of your population (or commerce, etc.) is in the given city. In the case of my save, one of my smaller cities was captured; however my treasury was completely destroyed.

I don't think the invader should see reduced gold from capturing a city however. I think the mechanic could work similarly to how pillaging cottages works, where the cottage is damaged and the pillager receives gold.

To fix this bug I'll probably have to rewrite the pillaging/capture code entirely, so I'll keep this in mind.

Top Bottom