Negotiations with TNT

Emp. Killyouall said:
Anyone feel free to temper this a little, I am still quite mad about their continued demands.

I think is a pretty well worded response. Please describe said goats as smelly.

I wouldn't worry to much about a letter or their chest thumping, remember actions speak louder than words :D

Dear TNT,

I am sorry to disilussion you, but you are sadly mistaken if you think we should pay you tribute. If we would ever take such a despotic and insulting DEMAND then we would be sorry indeed. [go on to demand that they give us 1 tech, 25 gold, and 1gpt for so many turns of peace]. Your army probably couldn't fight their way past a herd of goats. The idea of meeting you on a battlefield is such a joke you might as well sue for peace right now. If all you can lay claim for is 25 gold in the form of a barbarian encampment, you should probably just disband your few remaining heathen Immortals (gosh they go down pretty easily).

Team Doughnut

This is anger talking, the negoations have meet at a stalemate there last Message (other than the silly one) was to act tough. They offered a fairly good peace but we as a nation decided against it, as it is our right to do. I sent a message to that effect they replied the basic notion was we will deal with it on the battle feild i am against sudden angry messages that show our emtion.

It is bussiness not personal we have been beating them so far, soon we play our hand if it wins then they will sue for peace or die if it fails we will sue for peace or continue the war, sometimes fighting is how problems are solved and this is one of them.

Plus if we sent them that message they would return a humour one picking it apart. They sent us two messages they will get our reply at the tip of our spears.

Lol those crazy TnT are at it again

Dear Adversary,

The Iroqi sacking of the Sarbadar village impels us to ask for 25 gold in reparations in addition to the tribute listed in our latest peace offer.

Also, those Iroqi units responsible for the Sarbadar atrocities must be disbanded.

We await your reply.

donsig
Grand Vizeer of the Ironic People

Nobody said:
Also, those Iroqi units responsible for the Sarbadar atrocities must be disbanded.

We would be happy to if they disabanded *all* of there units in exchange.;)

-the Wolf

Dear Adversary,

The Iroqi sacking of the Sarbadar village impels us to ask for 25 gold in reparations in addition to the tribute listed in our latest peace offer.

We await your reply.

donsig
Grand Vizeer of the Ironic People

Send them this letter back

Dear donsig,

I do not know of what sacking you speak of. We were quite happy to leave the Sarbadar alone since our fight is not with them, but they came running to us, pleading with us to save them from your barbaric rule and rituals you forced them to partake in, they even offered us gold to save them. Still we were going to stay out of your internal affairs, but once they told us the disgusting things you were doing with the goats you stole from us, our fine warriors on horse had but no choice to act out of conscience and save these poor people from your unhygyenic tyranny. Quite frankly we feel your undeserving of sharing this planet with us, unless you can show us you capable of being productive members in our global society, we ask for the knowledge of Currency and 50 gold in exchange we will let you live.

We await your reply

I dont think we should send them anything, let them play their games soon we will execute their citys and then they will offer us tribute

Even with infeior forces, we owned their goat asses.
Thier Minister of War or whatever should be fired. How hard is to take a small patch of jungle with large amonts 4/2/1 and 2/1/2 units?
They have one victory, which is killing our entire GS squad off.
They keep doing the same thing, sending wannabe stacks of doom, only to be raided by MW over and over.

GOD
I just love how they make up names for barbains and call them allies. Its so childish.

I recieved this PM from donsig

General Robi D,

I am pleased to note that while you derided my new title you did not dispute it. That is a step in the right direction though the tone of your message is improper.

Do not trouble yourselves with how we train our troops. At least they die facing their enemy.

You scoff but do not realize that we have not yet applied the full force of our empire to our little skirmish. Have you not noticed the great wonder we erected in Semtex? We now stand at a crossroads. One path leads to peace and the other to continued war. The path we end up taking is entirely up to the Iroqi people. Come to terms with us now or prepare to fight to the death. Be warned that if this war continues we will no longer pursue it half heartedly.

signed
donsig
Grand Vizeer of the Ironic and Iroqi Peoples

I took the liberty of sending a reply back. So far they have not offered anything resembling a fair peace deal, While it would be good to reach a solution so we can get on with catching up to the other teams again, i doubt they will do so since they been pretty determined to take us out even after losing numerous battles.

Grand Vizeer donsig,

I didn't not dispute your title, because to do so would give it more credit than it actually has. You can call yourself Grand Vizeer of the entire planet Meleet if you wish, just remember words and title alone don't change the reality, only actions can do that and yours have been lacking to say the least.

As for our troops not dying facing their enemy as you put it, well i'd rather my troops live and fight another day, then die. You see i've found once a soldier dies their capacity to fight diminishes fairly rapidly.

And while you might not have applied the full force of your empire in this current battle, neither have we. We have plenty of troops in reserve, waiting patiently for their turn to take some of your troops out, although the way this battles going they will have to wait a little longer.

Finally you mention peace, but don't list any terms so i'll assume you stand by your last "offer" in which case we are not interested in the slightest. If you are interested in persuing equitable terms than we will consider your offer.

signed

General Robi D, Doughnutia

It looks like we might have pounded a bit of sense into TNT, they actually come up with a semi decent offer, still nowhere near good enough in my opinon but at least give us a starting point of sorts. Here's the letter

Greetings Counsulate Nobody Nobodazine and General Robi D!

Perhaps you should learn what Vizeer means before you mock the term. I am quite perplexed by your remarks about troops living to fight another day. Is not the whole purpose of troops and war to kill and be killed? Running from battle kinda spoils the whole thing, don't you think? You do have a point though about death diminishing a soldier's capacity to fight. Never thought about it that way before. Perhaps, just perhaps, it would do my people some good to learn more of this Iroqi philosophy of yours.

So, neither of us has put our all into the war. We fight with a sword or spear in one hand while the other tends a plow. Meanwhile the Greeks and Galls grow more powerful than either of us. I said long ago that in this world we are on the same side. That has not changed though soon the other side may be upon us. We would do well to contemplate this and consider ending this frivolous war.

Yes, once again I wrote to you of peace. I listed no terms in the hope you would reply with some. We are willing to return to you the Iroqi women still among us. We are willing to place currency on the table in return for one of your fine technologies. Beyond that it is true, our conditions for peace have not changed. We ask for your respect. You can show this by accepting my use of the title Grand Vizeer of the Ironic and Iroqi Peoples. We ask for a token tribute of 1 gold piece per turn. We must still ask for 25 gold as payment for the Sabadar village destroyed in the Sacred Jungle. We leave it up to you to decide what fine technology to include in the peace treaty. I am confident that if you and your people ponder this deal in its entirety without focusing on the individual parts it will be seen as equitable.

In an effort to avoid the we encountered in previous peace talks, I would like to address the subject of the length of the proposed treaty. As with our ongoing requests, we must continue to insist that any peace treaty last only twenty turns and be renegotiated. We cannot guarantee a perpetual peace unless we periodically meet and discuss the issues that are bound to arise between our peoples from time to time. By signing treaties that will one day expire we force ourselves to work together to avoid the kind of war we are now stuck with.

Think it over. To coin a phrase, let us bury the hatchet and smoke a pipe of peace.

signed
donsig

Grand Vizeer of the Ironic and Iroqi Peoples

Well, that is a bit of a change in tone, so maybe we are making a dent.

1gpt and 25g is still ludicrous by itself, but it does appear they're offering return of the workers.

So the proposed actual deal seems to be:
They give we give
2 workers 25g+1gpt
currency tech of our choice

The Grand Vizeer thing is laughable, of course.

Well they took their turn (85) and we didn't receive a battlelog so they must have withdrawn their horseman, i guess they had enough of us beating the crap out of them. With our CR squad closing in on their cities i'm not in a rush to settle on a peace treaty just yet, but i figured i would just to throw out some ideas about what we should ask for to see what people are thinking.

-They return our worker
-Establish zones of control with the jungle netural
-Any tresspass in the respective ZoC consider decleartion of war
-Limit amount of troops in jungle
-They give us currency and in return we give them either 25g +1gpt for 20 turns or Polytheism not both.

This deal is in our favour as it should be, we are winning after all but i think its very resonable.

This doesn't have to be the first offer either, we can always squeeze them for a bit more to begin with but i would accept a lesser deal than the one above.

Finally i wrote donsig a quick note that we have taken their offer under consideration

Grand Vizeer Donsig,

It would seem for your latest offer you people are genuinely interested in reaching a workable peace plan, therefore your proposal has been submitted to the Doughnutian General Assembly for a full and proper discussion. We willing be sending a response to your peace offer in the next few turns.

On a side note, i am well aware of the meaning of the title Vizeer, the question is are you. I'll save you a trip to the dictionary, Vizeer is a minister of state. Doughnutia has 3 ministers of state, the turnplayer/general, the interal affairs minister and the foriegn affairs minister, and since you do not hold any of these posts and never have i believe i am more than entitled to mock you.

General Robi D

No. We can hold then until knights. They have not seen the full force of our troops....but they will...:nuke: ;) :nuke: :smug:

This is certainly an abrupt change of attitude on there part..... and that whole 1gpt is obviously a ploy to make it look like they've won a strategic victory.

No peace until vengeance is served! At least one of there cities should be disbanded and or razed!

We should send raiders in to pillage thier iron. Then every immo loss they take will be critical.

I have prepared a response to TNT's peace offer to send off if most agree, so please read and comment.

Grand Vizeer Donsig,

I am writing to you in response to your peoples offer of peace sent to us three turns ago. After much discussion in the General Assembly the people of Doughnutia agreed to attempt to reach a peace settlement with your people.
We have also considered your terms of peace however we did not find them acceptable and therefore issue the following terms for a peace settlement.

Firstly we accept your offer to return our worker you took from us.

Secondly we except your offer of currency. In return we give you a choice, you can take either Literature or 25 gold + 1gpt for 20 turns, not both.

Thirdly we propose the establishment of Zones of Control (ZoC) where by all territory South of the jungle is under Doughnutian ZoC and all territory North of the Jungle is TNT ZoC. The jungle itself will remain neutral territory free for both Doughnut and TNT units to move through.

All units currently in opposing ZoC will be removed with immediate effect with any future incursions into each others ZoC would be equivalent to a deceleration of war.

We have no issue of only 20 turns of guaranteed peace however it is our hope and wish that this should last longer. If we could spend 50 odd turns in what you yourself describe a senseless war then surely we could achieve that and more in a sensible peace.

Finally i would like to say that if you look at this peace proposal you will find it is a fair one that offers both our nations safety and security for the future. You would also do well to remember that there is a storm gathering on the horizon as the two other nations grow evermore powerful while we weaken each other in battle.

General Robi D
Representative of Doughnutia

You forgot the worker, and maybe we should ask for 2 workers now since the original ones must have multiplied by now. :lol: Also please spell check it first. ;)

I'm not sure though that we should accept peace now. Perhaps we should let the CR squad do some damage first? :evil:

Top Bottom