1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negotiations with TNT

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by Robi D, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Done :) We had three days of over 40 C so the brain isn't functioning at full capacity.

Also i am sure we can drag out the negotiations long enough for the CR squad to inflict some pain, the letter hasn't been sent yet but when we do i'm sure it will take them a while to respond, besides they probably don't want Literature anyway;)

2. Robi D

I sent of the revisied letter to TNT and received this response for donsig

They have agreed to giving the worker back.
    They have partially agreed to the ZoC proposal, in that they want defensive units excluded from the conditions.
    They argue that the jungle is not netural but sacred, but they don't say how that is different so i have sent a quick letter back seeking clarification on this issue.
    Finally they are still discussuing exchanging Currency for 20g +1gpt for 20 turns.

My opinion on their reply is that it is positive, but i do not like the loop hole they want in the ZoC as it leaves them free to try to flood us with spears or even try to attempt to establish cities or our side of the jungle, which would just put us in the position of going back to war with them. I reserve judgement on the sacred issue until they send their clarification

3. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

lurker's comment: "Sacred" might mean that you have to guard the grounds with D'nut settlers and D'nut cities ... :mischief:
    Or: workers are not restricted and when chopped it is no longer jungle, thus no longer sacred. ;)

4. vikingruler

vikingruler King

It was our proposal for the ZoC so they should accept it. Also, they consider it sacred but if a NCU move there isn't anything they could do but explore. The whole sacred thing is very stupid. But the deal is good, but we should get 40 or so turns of peace before agreeing, that way they don't get money from us to rebuild and attack after 20 turns.

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Take a peek at the KISS negotiations page.

6. Robi D

This was sent by donsig with the battle log

I will write a response and post it shortly

7. Robi D

This is the message i have written to send.

8. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I think this is just making peace with us so they cant hurt KISS, we need to work with KISS to defeat the Forces of Darkness

9. Robi D

I have just received this "private" message from donsig

Personally i don't really know what to make of it. I don't know whether its genuine or a double bluff or something in between. If i am to take the letter as a geniune plea it still leaves me with a lot of concerns, because even if donsig himself wants peace there is still a large group within TNT that continues to want war. This means that even if peace is agreed to it could be a very short one. Basically now i need everyones opinion on where we go from here, accept peace or continue the war. We need to make our decision quickly

10. Emp. Killyouall

Emp. Killyouall EVIL Emperor

accept! everyone is runnning over us. We don't have to be stupid about it, but we train more defense and less offense.

EDIT well, accept after you burn for carbonperoxides and anything else to the ground...

11. vikingruler

vikingruler King

we should take the deal. The fact that TNT but a city in the jungle really is quite bad. Since only two warriors can go into the jungle but we can't go into their borders, they effectivley increased their ZoC and border line. We should force them to disband the city or increase our Zoc as far as their city is in the jungle.

12. Robi D

Well as far as there jungle city goes i am not fussed. They have taken the gems, but if you look on the path they have expanded we are a lot closer to and could easily take the silks, for which MIA has expressed interest in trading for. But fear not if their is a peace settlement then we will expand into the jungle to.

On the other hand if a bit of retribution is what everyones after before signing the treaty then we have troops in position to take out two cities at opposite ends at the same time. Although taking a couple of cities off TNT might make them not want to sign a peace deal, it would leave us in a much better position then them regardless.

Finally i sent donsig a quick message that our we wont have our decision for this turn and that he should play it.

So far from what i'm reading the vote is for attacking some cities before accepting peace, however i would feel happier if there was some more opinions on the matter before making the final decision

13. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

This is a tough decision all around. If we have surprise at one of the attack points, we stand to be able to knock them down some and then maybe get the same deal. They might have even taken a peek at the NW stack and know they can't defend in time, and are using the peace deal to gamble that we'll take it instead of continuing the attack.

A potential counter offer is to require them to voluntarily drop any embargo they might have placed on deals with other teams. Word this demand as though we don't know if any such deal exists but that we understand there could be such a deal.

Lastly, we need to look at the worst case scenario for both peace and continued war. If we take the peace and then everyone stonewalls on future deals, have we sealed our own doom? If we stay at war are TNT or MIA on the verge of an advance which renders our MW's impotent? Let's not throw the game on this decision, whichever way it goes.

14. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I intended to send this letter off, any objections

15. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

And they replied this

ANyone got anything to say

16. Robi D

Interesting response, however I'm unclear on the ZoC one square from cultural borders, is this for the jungle only or for the whole continent?

17. killercane

killercane Deity

The one space from their borders thing is bs, as it removes our two movement points for our UU or knights. In other words, they dont want us to park ourselves right outside their silk city or whichever city, and cause them alarm. We should reserve that right in any treaty, if nothing else than to draw their attention from where we eventually attack. We need to get rid of them before Nationalism comes about.

18. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

We do not sign a peace treaty, nor declare war on TNT?

From TNT:

19. Robi D

Well the peace treaty end on turn 123.
    I don't know if we should sign another one or not, but if we are not and are instead going to enter the war then we should at least pretend to be interested in signing a continuation