1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Negotiations with TNT

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by Robi D, Sep 20, 2005.

1. vikingruler

vikingruler King

STAY AT WAR!!! The reason we tried really hard to get MW was to combat TNT. WE MUST destroy this threat not to mention their offer is absoulutley prepostreous and would never be accepted.

2. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I've written a reply to TNT's letter. I'll just make it clear i am not looking to make peace with them, its just a ploy to see if we can dig up some info. If TNT believe we are looking for peace then all the better, as they wont know our true positon:) . I think it was Mao who commented of the importance of diplomacy during war with his talk, talk, fight, fight, talk quote. Anyway here it is.

3. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

very good. keep making the peace. keep them talking then we will burn down there capital and hang Provolution (we all know hes calling the shots over there)

4. vikingruler

vikingruler King

Great letter. Short, sweet, and doesn't reveal anything but that there offer is outrageous. Hopefully we can bide our time and build up a grand army of Mounted Warriors and destroy TNT. Even if they bring in an army of immortals our MW's will obliterate them!!

5. Robi D

This is the latest response from TNT

Now am i missing something, because what on earth is a prince strider?
    Otherwise basically they are saying we only guarantee peace for 20 turns, which means nothing since it would take them over 20 turns for the immortals to get to us and if we want a longer peace then every 20 turns we have to give them everything we have.

They are obviously very confident of their position atm, personally i would say overconfident, or maybe they are try to bluff a little here and are trying to make their position look better.

6. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

we should reply in a way to keep the cooperation going. Maybe say we are willing to give Writing and Code of Laws.

7. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

I guess it's a hostage :D. Someone they want to get rid of, so it's not a very good hostage. And apparently he is not mounted :p.
    [Strider is one of the people on their team.]

Nail on the head.

8. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I'd say not...

9. DaveShack

Sounds to me like they see going pointy stick against us as a do or die situation. If we successfully resist, they look to end up in 4th place.

It could all be a ruse too, who's to say they are actually planning an offensive at all? We might want to try to get the other two teams to reveal their experiences with TNT to see if our impressions agree.

10. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Just to keep them talking, then they will spend more time talking rather than planing a invasion. I dont think we should give them anything.

11. vikingruler

vikingruler King

I do believe it is a bluff. They really can't think we wouldn't have done all we possibly could to obtain Mounted Warriors so they can't call military a bluff. It will take around 20 turns for their Immortals to reach us, it will take our MWs half that time so we can easily decimate their forces with startegic raids. anyway, we should send back something like this:

While your generous offer is tempting, we can't agree to terms described. For instance the gold amounts are outrageous and the worker you DEMAND is prepostreous. Not to mention the fact that we are not stupid, 20 turns of peace is all you treacherous bastards need to send an army of Immortals right to our doorstep. Best Regards, Team Doughnut.:D

That will probably not be sent but those really are my feelings.
    LETS DESTROY THE PERSIANS AND TAKE BACK OUR WOMEN

I don't really get the Prince Strider thing either.

12. Robi D

In response to TNT's last letter i have sent this off.

13. Robi D

Greetings Robi D,

I think the letter speaks for itself, complete tripe really

14. vikingruler

vikingruler King

Wow, TNT is really, really arrogant. We must stay adamant with our stance. No peace unless it is a fair trade which is nothing. They should realize we will do everything to get Mounted Warriors who are a major risk to them. Therefore the agreement should not only end the threat of TNT but keep us from destroying them. I suggest sending back, something saying, unless we have a peace treaty without giving into your demands the war will continue and you will regret it.

15. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

The beast has spoken, if you guys read my little console thread you would notice i sent Welcomeing PMs to all the foreign nations, just to introduce my self, i in no way commited us to anything just said hi.

i sent similar messages to the other nation execept without the little nastyness and i also sent them a picture of some doughnuts.

Anyway my little 2 minute message incouraged a large reply which i think is funny as it must of took them time and well thats funny :)

well most of it is puffy rubbish but it did show they are lessening their demands. Now they just want our tech, no slaves or tribute. although personally i find this demand outrageous i guess i should show the people. also 20 turns is pointless because this is how long it takes their army to get to us.

should i reply? or should i ignor? my message was just a hello, they are proposing war. i could reply trying to negoiate peace even if we dont intend to sign it. what do ya think?

16. Robi D

The response was quite funny, even a touch poetic, looks like our mounted warriors have beaten some sensibilities into their little heads.

I must say its quite a surprise, they have gone from wanting all our tech, gold and workers to just 2 tech, i wonder if we razed one of their cities they would lower their damands even further:D .

Not that i'm advocating peace but it would bring some benefits, however they wont be getting anything from us. What i would find an exceptable peace agreement it this.

The large strip of jungle is to become a netural zone.
    Either side of the netural zone is our respective zones or spheres of influence.
    All their units are to leave our zone and go back to the jungle of their zone and ours will do likewise.
    Once this happens, any of their units entering our zone or vice versa would be tantamount to a decleration of war.
    As for the techs, i am happy to give them writing and horseback riding, however i would ask for currency in return (they just researched maths, which they swapped with MIA, i guarantee they'll be doing currency).

I don't know if anyone else thinks this would be acceptable or not, but this would be the minimum requirements for peace in my view, not that we need to rush to much to make peace as i would like the oppertunity of taking out at least one of their cities.:)

17. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

i agree with you robi, the most important thing is that any agreement secures us, no point making a ceasefire for 20 turns and having their immortals swarm us as soon as the treaty is over. I will draw up a proposal to send off, but there is no need to rush we are wining afterall and really there.

18. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Heres what i think we should reply,

please comment, also check my spelling ect

19. DaveShack

Let's leave this proposal open for discussion for a couple of days at least, as it could be seen by TNT as a genuine offer, and we want to be sure before we make such an offer. We also need to put anything to a vote, make sure in all your communications that nothing is official without approval of the citizens.

30 turns isn't that much more than 20. If we're going to the trouble of talking about a treaty, I'd like to see an estimate of when we'd be ready to beat up on them, and make the peace last at least 5 turns longer than that.

As for terms, we want them to return our women (surrender the workers accompanying their Immos by leaving them undefended prior to the cease fire taking effect) and pay us tribute, maybe 5gpt for 20 turns. If they take these steps then we can discuss technology trading.

The above is really just shooting from the hip, I'm not sure exactly what we should ask for. It's pretty clear we should offer something at least as far off what they would reasonably want as their offer is away from what we would want, so if there is compromise it will end up centered.

At the same time we should line up MIA and/or KISS as an ally so that if TNT breaks a ceace-fire we can get a willing accomplice in knocking them off.

One other random thought, if we were close to MM we could make an agreement which has a clear land neutral zone but leave the water route unspecified. Then if we find ourselves back at war we can have an assault force waiting in international waters.:evil:

20. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

the best thing about a neutral ground is that our units are faster than theirs if they cross the border we will crush them.