1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Never before in this game, I guess.

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Henri Christophe, Jul 24, 2020.

?

Which CIV do you want?

1. Seminole - Negro Abraham

2. Haiti - Toussaint L'Ouverture

3. Guarani - Sepé Tiaraju

4. Paraguay - Solano López

5. Dahomey - Ghezo

6. Ndongo - Queen Nzinga

7. Zimbabwe - Robert Mugabe

8. Uganda - Idi Amin

9. Ruanda - Paul Kagami

10. Botswana - Seretse Khama

11. Texas - Byraw Sasquatch

12. Rio Grande do Sul - Guiseppe Garibaldi

13. Uruguay - José Artigas

14. Olmec - 3Deer

15. Oyo - Oduduwa

16. Ashante - Osei Tutu

17. Ahmadnagar Sultanate - Malik Ambar

18. Chola Sultanate - Rajendra Chola I

19. Toltec - Quetzalcoalt

20. Zapotec - Benito Juárez

21. Palmares - Zumbi

22. Tupi - Cunhambebe

23. Romenia - Vlad III

24. West Rome - CharleMagne

25. Vietnan - Cheng I Sao

26. Powhatan - Wahunsenacawh

27. Cherokee - Sequoyah

28. North-West Territory - Tecumseh

29. South Africa - Nelson Mandela

30. Boers - Paul Kruger

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

Actually, I would rather see them take a step back (from this utterly american format of exploiting cultures) and let Civ7 base game focus on dynamics than current static stereotyping images (that could remain but as a game mode). The base format should be inclusive and honouring cultures - players would have to earn them instead of getting them as free-picked gift.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. Patine

Patine Deity

I'm not clear on EXACTLY what you mean, here.

AntSou likes this.
  3. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

I voted for Tupi/Guarani, Haiti, Cherokee, and Oyo. Vietnam is a foregone conclusion at this point. None of the other options interest me much.

I would prefer we get a couple more North American civs than Haiti or the Tupi/Guarani, and the Berber or Swahili over the Oyo or anything along the Guinea Coast.

Henri Christophe and Zaarin like this.
  4. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

hehe Ok, I'll make a try to evolve it a bit..
    I think this current format of picking a leader and civ would better be an optional game mode.
    So instead of picking a fully preset civ at game setup, I'd rather have a minimal preset to choice only a "starting alignment" (aspect) - like currently civs are considered scientific, cultural, warmongers, et c.
    Then depending on map and what's been done, cultures will rise and (possible) adopted - ie a civ is taking form (and then there can be the Test of Time challenge).

There are more thoughts around it and I'm trying to put them together to something sensible in https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ideas-for-the-perfect-4x-historical-game.654805

5. fredrikslicer

fredrikslicer Tailor

While this "Rise of civilizations" sounds delightful I feel it would end up to far out of the brands appeal zone so to speak. It would probably be better served as a seperate franchise

Zaarin likes this.
  6. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I love the idea of civ bonuses developing more dynamically. However, forgoing leader personifications would be a grave error on Firaxis' part; they need to double down on that to distinguish themselves from competitors like Humankind.

7. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

I like to pic civs, I feel friend of Hiawatha, he always is the last Civ I attack, he is kind of a friend to me.

I'm very upset with Kamehameha and Suleiman, I never set a game with they
    *I still playing civ 5 more than civ 6*

8. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

I'm not suggesting "leader personifications" should be forgone. I just think it would better been put into an optional game mode.
    That way Firaxis could let us (players) encounter cultures from every corner of the whole (real) world and actually learn something by playing (which used to be one of this brand's signum).
    To keep claiming cultures are something static, is rather "alternative" than "true" in these days of 2020.

9. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Putting them on an optional layer, though, is backing off on them, when Firaxis' best strategy at this point is to double down on them.

I feel like this is a bit of a straw man, as I haven't seen anyone make this claim...

AntSou likes this.
  10. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

That could be famous last words for a lot of things, though common failures rarely made their way into history books.

Of course not, this forum is focused on yields and most just can't think outside the box (the american format).

Henri Christophe likes this.
  11. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

If I understand your idea Ash2,I would to make a suggestion inside your idea.

If each nation have more than one leader? Looking straigh geography of the land of nowaday country, which nation have lived in each boarder and make their leader per age.

Confuse? Let me give examples.
    Sumeria can start with Gilgamesh and have Saddam Hussein in Atomic Era.
    Brazil can have Tupi in ancitent times and Getúlio Vargas in Atomic Era (Pedro II in the middle)
    USA starts as Iroquois and Mexico as Mexica-Aztec.
    South Africa starts as Zulu and finish as Nelson Mandela (Paul Kruger in the middle).
    France start as the Gauls, after the Franks, Kaiser-César in the middle and going on... (France deserve a leader per era)

Civs as Rome the player can choice what to become after, it means, you can finish as Italy or Turkey in late game :lol: (Or Austria, or Russia)
    But, if you choice Germany you can also finish as Austria if none of player had made it before.

Maybe, if the leaders was more Cartoonish it can make more of them, more people will be happy to see their our own avatar on this game.

12. Patine

Patine Deity

Why are you obsessed with inserting modern leaders with horrible track records and who led to utter ruin for their countries? Just because they've been in the news in recent memory? It is a wretched method to build leaders for this game off of, really, and you should disabuse yourself of that habit.

AsH2 and Zaarin like this.
  13. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

You don't get my point. I just give an example about a modern era leader, I forgot it is so controversial to some players...

14. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

Not really. That's more what Humankind is doing.

I don't mind that some people prefer to play Civilization as an extremely mechanics-heavy Risk.
    I do mind some of them think that what they prefer should be what Civilization is all about.

Henri Christophe likes this.
  15. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

Having a second or third thought about this, game modes (GM) and victory conditions (VC); I think there could be three (3) separate play modes - scenario, classic and epic.
    What I suggest would be epic, while what's already in civ6 would be somewhat cut up into game modes and put in classic.
    I think they could tie specific VC to specific game modes - eg Immortal leaders GM and Diplomatic VC, Missionary GM and Religious VC - to let those optional GM be some fantastic additions to a realistic base game.

16. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

Sorry dude, I just can't understand your idea very well.
    What exactly do you want to change?

17. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

18. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

that I understand.
    Let's set an hypothetical game as Aztec in Deity. How should your Civ 7 game began?

I read your forum, your posts, I can't full understand your idea.

19. Patine

Patine Deity

Many of these options should logically form the basis of City-States and not whole Civ's, realistically.

20. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe King

Some are already represented by city states as Olmecs and Ashante.
    Olmecs I'm cool because La Venta city state is the best city state in the game, next to my favorite Civ (The Aztec) in world map and a very good suzerain effect, my last game as Aztecs I made giant heads over everywhere in world map.

Kumasi was a cool city state but not amazing, it should be very better become a Civilization.

Maybe Palmares can become a city state (SOuth America is very empity)