New BERT info coming July 22

So in the firaxis livestream, it looks like they've changed espionage for the better. Surveillance Webs now only reduce max intrigue by 1 level instead of two, which means we can finally pull off the affinity operations and complete the Colper Lodge. It also seems that they've upped the cost of Stealing Tech to 3 levels and decreased the cost of recruit defectors to 2 levels. Definitely looking forward to this change!

So in the firaxis livestream, it looks like they've changed espionage for the better. Surveillance Webs now only reduce max intrigue by 1 level instead of two, which means we can finally pull off the affinity operations and complete the Colper Lodge. It also seems that they've upped the cost of Stealing Tech to 3 levels and decreased the cost of recruit defectors to 2 levels. Definitely looking forward to this change!

Yay! Free army the quicker!
Damn, need to do more research on my own now.

I've been dying to post this but couldn't because of the migration. I caught the first sight of a Harmony/Purity unit!!!

The Thursday Firaxis Livestream (7/30/2015) provided a glimpse of the Harmony/Purity Hybrid Patrol Boat

Argo

4 Movement
16 Strength
6 Harmony/6 Purity

Upgrade Options:

Heal even when outside friendly territory
+24 Strength

OR

+20% when Attacking or Defending within friendly orbital coverage.
+24 Strength

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a theory and it seems that I may have been correct about the color scheme of the Hybrid units. Based on what I've seen so far, it seems that:

• Harmony/Purity takes on a Bronze hue. The Argo looked like it combined the bulky nature of Purity with the curvilienar organic aesthetic of Harmony.
  • Purity/Supremacy appears White/Cyan. It looks like the style will be smooth, statuesque, and eerie.
  • Supremacy/Harmony is Purple/Gray. I'm going to assume there is an almost drone-like quality to the units.

Now looking at them a respect to the affinity wheel, it looks as though the Hybrid draws on the color range of the Affinity it is opposite side of the Affinity Wheel.

• Harmony/Purity is opposite Supremacy which is Orange/Yellow. (Copper/Bronze/Brass is in the Orange/Yellow range.)
  • Purity/Supremacy is opposite Harmony which is Blue/Green (Cyan is a variation of this color combination in fact Cyan in light is Blue/Green)
  • Supremacy/Harmony is opposite Purity which is Red (Purple falls into the Red/Purple/Blue range.)

Anyway, I'm really liking these Hybrid styles and I can't wait to see more of them.

Anyone notice that Rising Tide now has some nice art in the screens when you complete an expedition or find a pod. It gives the game some nice flavor I think.

Anyone notice that Rising Tide now has some nice art in the screens when you complete an expedition or find a pod. It gives the game some nice flavor I think.

Indeed I even mention this in my upcoming lets play video.

Yep. I think they just added that in the most recent build that Pete played.

Long overdue but it's good to see them showing up. Still not everywhere yet, like quest screens but it's a start.

It would be nice if they started showing up whenever you come across a resource for the first time, just to inform you what resilin or chitin is and why it will be useful to you.

They better backport that **** to the Beyond Earth patch.

Quest variants is a good idea and good effort, but "God make this screen go away, I played 100 times already" will still happen eventually. Delaying it is the only problem to solve, yet. Perhaps the only problem solvable.

Has anyone heard yet whether there will be something like the fear/respect ratings for the player or some other form of feedback system?

One of the biggest frustrations with diplomacy in Civ V/BE for me (a solo player) is that it's all one-way. The AI can tell you how IT feels and why IT is doing what it's doing and this constrains your game, but you have no way of letting the AI know what YOU don't like at all and this allows the AI to keep doing whatever it wants. I really hope something like this will be added to the game. So far, I'm seeing what amounts to an interesting inter-civ trading system, which is a nice improvement, but I'm still not seeing any real diplomacy at all. Diplomacy has to go both ways.

Why didn't they uploaded the Friday (31/08) Livestream?
If you mean the 2k stream - because it was more or less a joke. They had so bad resolution (much worse than all the other demos) so they couldn't click on the buttons. They ended the stream. Or something like that (if I understood it correctly).

If you mean the 2k stream - because it was more or less a joke. They so bad resolution (much worse than all the other demos) so they couldn't click on the buttons. They ended the stream. Or something like that (if I understood it correctly).

Bummer, I was hoping to get some more Supremacy information out of them. Oh well.

Has anyone heard yet whether there will be something like the fear/respect ratings for the player or some other form of feedback system?

One of the biggest frustrations with diplomacy in Civ V/BE for me (a solo player) is that it's all one-way. The AI can tell you how IT feels and why IT is doing what it's doing and this constrains your game, but you have no way of letting the AI know what YOU don't like at all and this allows the AI to keep doing whatever it wants. I really hope something like this will be added to the game. So far, I'm seeing what amounts to an interesting inter-civ trading system, which is a nice improvement, but I'm still not seeing any real diplomacy at all. Diplomacy has to go both ways.

I don't think this really makes sense because you could totally lie about what you like and don't like which results in total AI manipulation = not fun.

I don't think this really makes sense because you could totally lie about what you like and don't like which results in total AI manipulation = not fun.

No... What you like and dislike should be determined the same as the AI.

So if the AI picks trait X, it respects anyone with high health.
If you pick trait X, anyone with high health has high respect with you (and you can't ally with someone unless they have high respect or fear with you AND vice versa)

This way the AI can manipulate you as well as you can manipulate them.
And diplomacy actually works in multiplayer.

I have seen enough of start from turn 1 let's plays.
I want to see lategame "footage". maybe there is nothing to brag about? :)

They are just saving all the good stuff (ie cool hybrid units) for last. Remember how they wait a long time to show us the late game affinity super units? :)

They are just saving all the good stuff (ie cool hybrid units) for last. Remember how they wait a long time to show us the late game affinity super units? :)

I don't blame Hail for being somewhat skeptical though.

Past the early game, vanilla BE turned out to be a bit of a slog with not much happening, just running out the clock until your victory condition was met. By the mid-to-late game, most of the aliens have been destroyed, the resource pods plundered, expedition sites looted and all sense of discovery more or less evaporated.

I'm really curious how RT will change any of that if at all. Hybrid affinity units aren't really going to change that, there needs to still be things left to figure out and explore.

If done right, the quest system could really help to set some focus and direction at the later stages.

There was a BAStart interview from a few weeks ago. I didn't post it because it didn't really have new info, but in it the producer guy claimed that the RT expansion updates the game uniformally from the start to the end game. He offered G&K as a counterpoint in that it was primarily an update on the early game for Civ V.

Top Bottom