1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beta Version - December 20th (12/20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Borussia

Borussia Chieftain

My current game is on patch 12/1 but I guess it will be the same on this version.

AI building selections are bad! I can see it on my puppet cities.
    AI choses high yield buildings for what they need but the problem is they build very expensive new buildings first in a lot of cases.
    Why build the newest building in 20 turns when they also could build 5-10 old ( ancient to medival) buildings in the same time. The 5-10 old buildings would result in a lot more yields and quicker.
    For example when I annex some puppets in modern era I have to build some of the most important ancient buildings because they have not done so in the 250 turns they were my puppet already. Thats just stupid. Even worse when I have the Civilizing Mission policy and the +50% production buff is not used.

This may be one of the main reasons the AI tends to fall behind in late game.

Btw is this a bug?
    My hospitals dont show their food to science conversion yields in the city UI under science just like the agribusiness does under gold. Do I still get the science yields? It seems not.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    cerk likes this.
  2. cerk

cerk Chieftain

And please stop the AI from building zoos and hotels in puppets.

3. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Prince

You should report these on Github.

I've reported Puppets building Hotels in the past, and it improved afterwards, as well as the idea to consider "yields divided by build time" but this kind of code is probably endlessly tweakable, so perhaps there's been a regression.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  4. o_t_d_x

o_t_d_x Chieftain

Vox Populi Beta Patch Feedback f. 12.20.3 - 1.6 dll
    I noted some things i didnt like or that may be bugs, hope it will help to make your great mod even better:

1. It should be possible to be in a city with a ship AND fire. The russians did that in Leningrad with battleships and dreadnoughts. And i think i saw pirates do the same. So maybe early ear vessels shouldnt be albe to fire from inside the city. But modern ones should have that ability.
    2. CTD when clicking "advisor council".
    3. When i see ai armys near my border, i want the option to ask if the ai attacks or not. Why should only human players get diplo mali for lying ?
    4. An ai player spread his religion to my city and i cant tell him in diplo to stop that.
    5. Not sure if its a bug: very high battle bonuses called "miscellaneous".
    6. Strange movement behaviour of ships: they use all moves even if they wouldnt need all. Leads sometimes to loosing the possiblility to kill human ships. Generally the ai seems a little bit weaker regarding finishing hurt units.
    7. Bismark denounced me because of my religion, but i dont had one.
    8. A land trade route was shown available, but when i put a caraven to the city, the trade route was NOT available. (and not used by other caravan...)
    9. A luxury was shown as available to trade, but i have traded it already to another civ.
    10. "Choose production" cant be clicked anymore, sadly its a game breaker bug, even reloading didnt help. I went back 3 autosaves then i could at least add other buildings in the queue. But now the bug is in ALL citys. I play as poland and it occurred around turn 300, maybe that helps in finding the bug.

5. o_t_d_x

o_t_d_x Chieftain

And the ai is really weaker now, it has too many sea and not enough land units on emperor.

6. azum4roll

azum4roll Prince

1. IIRC this is a CP change and is for AI performance.
    3. You do get to ask in the Discuss menu, with the same requirement as the AI asking you.
    4. You can, if your city gets converted by that action.
    5. Miscellaneous groups all remaining bonuses together since the UI doesn't have enough space.
    9. Was one of you playing as the Netherlands?

JamesNinelives likes this.
  7. o_t_d_x

o_t_d_x Chieftain

Thanks for the answer.

3. I have a discuss menu, but i cant say that he should clearify if his troops at the border attack, or not.
    4. I want to say him that when he is entering my land, not when he has already converted my city. Otherwise i have to declare war always, because i dont accept heretics in my land.

Besides, what is a CP change ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  8. o_t_d_x

o_t_d_x Chieftain

2nd Game with poland this time on immortal: (only domination, 10 ais, 25 city states)

11. On Immortal ai City growth is too high - one round only from 1 to 2 ? Thats hyper cheating.
    12. Barbarians dont flee with very low hp. They fortify and try to heal directly besides my much stronger unit and die always.
    13. Ai still builds settlers in war.
    14. Strange movement behaviour - look at point 6 - of land units too
    15. I get 5 minus health per round in pocatellos lands - if thats intended by the modder why no health loss for the ai on my land ?
    16. No defence boni in citadel ag. long range ai: a longsword fighter with double range defence IN a citadel takes 26 dmg of an outdated comp. bowman - that must be a bug.
    17. Turn 285 the bug nr. 10 is back - its not possible to choose production and to finish the round ... so its hard to test if interception of planes work now, because thats the only reason i dont like the older vox populi version: air war is seriously bugged

I will try one more game with another civ but if that game breaker bug returns then too, well, then i can´t test this mod. I have no other mods - only clean install of civ v bnw and your mod, with 1.6 dll.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  9. TranceBlossom

TranceBlossom Warlord

You should probably post actual bug reports on GitHub instead of bumping this now-outdated beta thread. That being said, most of these are not bugs. Pocatello has a UI that damages enemy troops, the growth of AI cities and damage to your longswordsman sound normal for immortal level (again, if it still seems fishy even after looking at the combat window, maybe post a bug report with a save game), etc...saying “that must be a bug” is not proof that it is one.

I also played two full games on this patch and never encountered the game breaking glitch you mentioned. Assuming no one else did either, you should probably post an actual bug report with logs, game saves, etc. I’m sure you’re trying to be helpful by posting here, but if there is actually a problem to be fixed, your method of sharing it here is not going to do anything.

There’s a newer version you should probably upgrade to anyway. There’s a chance whatever problems you’re having are already fixed.

JamesNinelives, 4CV and vyyt like this.
  10. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

The AI gets a one-time boost to multiple yields in all Cities when settling or conquering Cities; that's how they're able to grow so fast for the first time and build the first building so quickly, especially on higher difficulties where the boost is larger.

Also, as TranceBlossom said, you should post bugs on GitHub with screenshots, logs etc...they won't be dealt with here.

11. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Also, pls don't forget the mod list. I suspect the CTD and the missing production button or the request to stop religious spreading could be caused by a conflict with another mod OR by not activating one of the compatibility components of VP (6a or 6b or 6c if I remember correctly). Your report or GitHub will be very helpful.

JamesNinelives, Dimmy and 4CV like this.
  12. Dimmy

Dimmy Chieftain

Sorry to bump this topic but I am still playing on this beta. I have a small bug and wanted to check if I was alone or if missed something that has been patched (restriction per era?) or else.

►Great Writer cannot produce a great work of lit (the button is not displayed) although I have empty rooms in my capital...

https://www.casimages.com/i/200202061736446427.jpg.html
    https://www.casimages.com/i/200202061735935447.jpg.html

So am I missing something I am not aware of?

EDIT: Great artists still work fine.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  13. ASCII Guy

ASCII Guy Chieftain

The game has ran out of great works of writing.

Dimmy likes this.
  14. Dimmy

Dimmy Chieftain

So how many of each great works can be created, any way to find out in-game how many are left?