New Cityset Model Created - Conversion to .nif and texture help needed

I fix the UV layer for the penultimate of your buildings, but for a long time I am surprised at one thing. The simple wall of a building, which could consist of only two triangles, is often more than six. A large number of triangles increases your file. The cityset now has 177kb. My citysets usually range from 90 to 120kb. Smaller files are less burdensome for the game. The ideal wall construction is as I indicated in the picture in red.

So here is your cityset. Only the texture remains. Will you know her advice?

Attachments

• Sino_Last.rar
    77.8 KB · Views: 182
maybe we have a problem with my bad English. I asked if you can make the texture. Once you have access to your computer, of course :)

Alright, so I was wondering if one of you guys could test something. I'm still on my mac, and I don't have Civ IV with me (and of course, it never runs well on Mac...), but I was wondering if you could test this model to see if it works in Civ IV or not. I may know how to do the whole node thing now, if it does work. Texturing and UV's are another story... It is the Test.nif file.

Attachments

• Middle.zip
    65.2 KB · Views: 168
Try this version. File structure, merged parts of the pavilion and shadow with path to the texture. I do not ingame test, but it can work :)

Attachments

• pavil.rar
    26.8 KB · Views: 171
Actually, that was the model I was using as a base... The one I wanted to test out was the Test.nif file, which is a Mongol style oracle.

So I know how to put the models into nodes. The issue is, texturing. I don't understand UV wrapping at all. I'm not sure how to do it... When I first put the models into nifskope, when I tried to look at the UV mapping, it was a bunch of lines all over the place, and I don't know what you're supposed to do...

I know UV mapping only from the blender. There I insert the walls of the building - when the wall is marked, I choose UV mapping and see the result on the UV screen. Then I lay the individual UV wall maps as they are on the texture. The UV layer is actually a textured coat cut on the model.

I will soon own a tower computer - So with a regular PC, this whole modeling and texturing thing should go a lot faster. :)

Hrochland, or anyone really - Do you know anything about creating Units? Or at least modifying old ones? You see, I want to create ships. Japanese and Korean style Ironclads. And I also want to make new gun units. I have one I am working on now, but I don't know what I'm doing. This is the Ishibiya, an early Chinese imported - Japanese hand cannon. A Heavy firelance basically, seen in Princess Mononoke.

What I would like to do is swap out this human model for a more Japanese looking unit, merge said unit with the oromo warrior animations, and have the unit use the ishibiya as the gun. But Im not sure how.

Top Bottom