1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Cityset Model Created - Conversion to .nif and texture help needed

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Matsuda123, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

I still can't figure it out. :( I see how to create NiNode, but I have no idea how to replace Nitrishape with the NiNode, or how to convert these buildings to things like 1x1_01...

Attached Files:

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Don't give up Matsuda, modding can be frustrating sometimes, but you will get it. Whatever you make will have a prominent place in my mod. That I can assure you.

Leoreth likes this.
  3. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I do not have a computer that would be functional for civilization, but I will try to explain it in my bad English. NiNode is part of an original cityset, for example from fiaraxis.
    You must export your new building into .obj

Then open the cityset you want to change in the old NifSkope. Insert the NiTriShape you want to Change. Click on the inserted NiTriShape with the right mouse button and select the Import .obj option.
    Then you just fine-tune the size and position of the embedded object. That is all. Just have two versions of NifSkope

4. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

I definitely won't give up, that's for sure. I have many plans for Civ IV cities, and some units too. I'm glad to hear that. :)

I think after this explanation I'm maybe beginning to understand it a little more... I will try it out as soon as I can, and see if my understanding is correct.

AbsintheRed likes this.
  5. Sword_Of_Geddon

No problem man. For modders creators are the meat and drink of modding, mods(great ones anyway) could not exist without people like you, Hrochland, Bakuel and others, I can't stress how thankful I am that your sticking with this.

Leoreth likes this.
  6. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

I'm glad to still see modders working on Civ4! I appreciate it.

Matsuda123, Leoreth and AbsintheRed like this.
  7. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

Thank you. In my view, it is still the best civ, and certainly the easiest to make models for I think...

I have completed work on the modeling of the Ancient Sino cityset. It took a long time to find theorized buildings for it... It encompasses the Xia, Shang, and Zhou dynasties in Chinese history.

Attached Files:

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Looks really great so far, just need to encorporate texturing into this, once you overcome that hurtle, there will be no end to what you can make.

I think maybe contact Hrochland if possible via email or something, and have him walk you step by step with the texturing and any other steps. Communication on this board is too slow now.

9. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Hello. I'm trying to get back my programs. Today, at least, I can show you a simple job with the old NifScope View attachment 490226

10. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

I've learned how to import models using old nifskope, and it works very well. :) the nodes are attached and everything. The only issue I have found... is that my building is not in the right place. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Attached Files:

11. hrochland

hrochland Prince

This may be due to the difference in the location of NiNode and NiTriShape. You can solve it in two ways.
    but try to start if is this displayed correctly. The first nine buildings already have a repaired texture layer.

12. hrochland

hrochland Prince

For texture wieving you must use new NifSkope :)

13. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

Alright, I will see what I can do. :) Currently the only thing slowing me down from completing these is a lack of a PC. I will hopefully fix that as soon as possible. I think these models will be made relatively quickly when I have that.

Right now, I am also working on the non-westernized version of Industrial Japan. :)

AbsintheRed likes this.
  14. hrochland

hrochland Prince

You'll still have to learn to incorporate the texture layer. For the first 9 models I've fixed them for you. Later I will try another

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Just know that I'm cheering you on. Can't wait to see the results.

16. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I have finished the basic version of your water gate model. Once the time is over, I will cut the UV layer ;)

Leoreth likes this.
  17. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Chieftain

I will hopefully discover how to do these things as soon as I have access to a PC. :) Have any of you modified Units before?
    What water gate model? :confused:

Thank you. :) Soon all of the CIV community will have access to real era transitions between Asian and Middle Eastern civilizations. As well as being able to truly rewrite history, by having non-Westernized versions of Industrial era and beyond cities too.

BasilBerylium likes this.
  18. hrochland

hrochland Prince

AbsintheRed, Matsuda123 and Leoreth like this.
  19. Sword_Of_Geddon

I can't stress enough how grateful I am that you both are here and still willing to work on civ4 graphics.

AbsintheRed, Matsuda123 and Leoreth like this.
  20. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Glad to hear you are also working on that! No pressure from my end though, take your time if you need.