1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New civ : Australia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Liufeng, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Liufeng

Liufeng A man of his time

UA : Land down Under -> Bonus Housing when building cities on coastal tiles + additional yeildings if campuses, Commercial hubs, theater squares and holy sites are built on charming or breathtaking appeal
    UU : Digger -> Replaces the infantry, gets a bonus when fighting on coastal tiles and on foreign territory
    UI : Outback Station -> Unlocked at Guilds, it provides food + production when built next to pastures + cultural bomb from the pasture
    Leader UA : Citadel of Civilization -> Bonus production when fighting a defensive war or when it liberates a city (?)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. ONDOLINDE

ONDOLINDE Chieftain

Cool! We knew something was brewing.

3. anandus

anandus Errorist

Ah, finally, Australia! The most important civilization that was missing from Civ 6
    /s

4. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

They really like those culture bombing abilities.

5. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Chieftain

Australia seriously?

I guess it's a pure marketing decision.

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I really like their unique improvement. Gimme those food and production bonuses!

7. anandus

anandus Errorist

Guess so. No disrespect for Australia, I mean, they gave us Neighbours, Flying Doctors and Masterchef Australia (which for some odd reason is quite popular here in the Netherlands) and they also sing in the Eurovision Song Contest, but I can think of, pffff, say a hundred other civs which I'd feel is more entitled for a spot in Civilization?

By the way, is this DLC or does it come free with an update?

8. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

Huh... gotta say this feels more like trying to pander to another large gaming market rather than introducing Australia because theyre so interesting. I mean they definitely seem like a Civ I would enjoy with all these bonuses, but I really am wishing they had more Native American/Asian/African/Ancient cultures right about now

9. Cerilis

Cerilis Warlord

It's a dlc, obviously: https://civilization.com/news/entri...ummer-2017-update-multiplayer-teams-mod-tools

Also, I dont mind "odd" choices for new civilizations (yes, even before more obvious ones!), but I'd really like to know their reasoning. :p

10. Liufeng

Liufeng A man of his time

Yeah, but they should have had sticked to those bonuses, because another "land grabbing" ability is pretty sad, since it was what made Poland "unique" in a sense ...

11. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Australia will be excellent! A great coastal Civ!

12. Geminus Leonem

Geminus Leonem Chieftain

I knew something was up when they did the Brazilian civ before the Portuguese civ and the Polish before the likes of the Persians or Mongols..... It seems they are going for the bigger market nations first, which is both smart and disappointing.
    Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Canadian, Dutch or Korean nation announced after this

nzcamel, migalhone, luigilime and 3 others like this.
  13. esoba

esoba Chieftain

I'm actually guessing. Well hoping more than guessing, that there will be a major expansion with multiple Native American civs. Seems like their dearth might suggest a single approach to bringing multiple in at the same time. Potentially with an expansion that introduces colonialization or something similiar (since there are already civs that hint at this), and the reworked UN system.

14. Tinker

Tinker Chieftain

Australia is pretty cool. Seems they're angling for Civilizations not presented so far in the series, just like the leaders. I'm fine with that.

DutchJob, Larsenex and oakdragon like this.
  15. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

Outback station (grass, plains, desert, desert hills)
    +1 food +1 cog
    +0.5 housing
    +1 food for each adjacent pasture
    +1 cog for each 2 adjacent outback station (Steam Power)
    +1 food for each 2 adjacent outback station (rapid deployment)

Which means that if you actually managed to put 6 of them around one in the middle, it would be +3/+3 for the tile at the end of the game.

16. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Chieftain

Agreed. I'm fine with the inclusion itself, though it's not a civ I'm that excited for, but how can they keep releasing these euro-centric civs when other cultures are so underrepresented. Should've waited with this one so we can have other, more unique civs sooner. Lame.

17. Cerilis

Cerilis Warlord

I'd also like to point out that it's possible that Australia is not the only new/civ leader in the upcoming patch/dlc.

migalhone and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  18. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I feel like they intend to keep adding mechanics like that. Wouldn't be surprised if in some expansion a unit was added that could do it in some way. I like it, anyways. It's not a passive thing like it was in Civ4, but there's probably going to be a bunch of abilities out there in a while that can do it, allowing for culture wars.

nzcamel likes this.
  19. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Eurocentric.

Australia is literally on the other side of the world.

20. anandus

anandus Errorist

I don't mind 'odd' choices either, but not before some essential gaps are filled first.

I like Australians, and I don't mean no disrespect for Australia, but I don't see it as a more important civ in the history of mankind than, say, the Persians, the Ottomans, or a lot of other civs.
    Firaxis first ought to fill those missing gaps, before starting to throw around 'fun' civs.
    They do sing on the Eurovision Song Contest, though :p

nzcamel likes this.