New Civfanatics: PLEASE READ (about downloading the 'demogame')

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
There have been a couple of posts here along the lines of "Where can I download the demo?"

This section of the forum is devoted to the democracy game, NOT a demo-version of Civilization 4!

In this game, members work as a democratic team to play a game of civilization - they discuss the options and agree the moves. People are elected to hold 'offices' which means they consult other people, get advice and make the decisions about how individual aspects of the game should proceed.

Its a great thing to get involved with to learn the finer points of playing the game - so sign up!

But please note:

There is no demo-version of Civ-4 to download here!

ainwood said:
There have been a couple of posts here along the lines of "Where can I download the demo?"

This section of the forum is devoted to the democracy game, NOT a demo-version of Civilization 4!!

But please note:

There is no demo-version of Civ-4 to download here!

That was in response to my post, wasn't it?

Simply renaming it the "Democ. Game" would stop 90% of those questions. Or the "Dem. Game" if you hate excess letters.

Not sure where the noob corner is so I'll just ask this here.

Is this demo game single player or multi player?

From all that I've read it seems to be all the citizens as single player vs AI.

Are there any plans to have a multi player game where citizens break up into teams?

Thanks!

Welcome Piparoo! :)

Currently, this DG for Civ4 is single player.

All the Civ3 DGs from 1 to 7 were Single Player. In July, RegentMan and I decided to branch out, and started the Multi Team Demogame (as you said: the citizens break up into teams, of roughly 25 each at the moment) and we're now around turn 60. For Civ4, if there were to be a MTDG, it would be in a couple months -- keep an eye on this forum.

The MTDG forum for Civ3 (just to see what it is like) is here. Keep in mind you can only see the public forum -- there are hidden forums for each team. If you want to see what one of the forums is like, you can signup in the signup thread and I'll let you have access to one of the team's forums.

Hey I'm wanting to get involved with the Democracy Game... but I am having extreme trouble finding out how to get in contact with people...

who do i talk to?
were do i download the map we are playing?
where do we meet to talk and discuss?

Top Bottom