Leader favourite civic: Universal Suffrage

Cities:
Lhasa
Sikkim
Gartokh
Leh
Wuhan
TO BE CONTINUED...

Nice! If I can ever figure out how to get a mod to work (I've been trying for several days on Tremo's very well done Nederland one- it's something I'm doing wrong, I think, I'm just not sure what) I will definitely get this one! I'd been half considering making my own Tibetan mod in a month or so once I've figured out how to do more, so you've saved me lots of time!

One city I can think of off the top of my head (which is actually in Bhutan, but then again Sikkim and Leh are technically in India- still a Tibetan culture though) is Thimpu (sometimes spelled Thimbu).

Kudos on a good civ choice!

it might help with the nederlandse civ that you should change to name of the file to the same name as the ....ini file. Also try to use the download which allows you to install it.

Thanks enjoying the mod friends! :thanx:

@how play: download my file and put the folder on "mod" folder of your Civ4. Teh start the game, go to "advanced" and load the mod :)

@my present city list is this one:

Lhasa
Sikkim
Gartokh
Leh
Wuhan
Iyekundo
Cozhe
Barkhal
Lhari
Gerze
Oma
Nyima
Bamda
Toba
Gomo
Rutog
Barga
Zanda
Zayu
Banbar
Jomda
Namco
Baqen
Barong
Baiyu
Dawu
Darlag
Zaqen
Lhaste
Mangkhang
Gyangtse Town
Gyantse
Bayi
Bowo
Chamdo
Amdo
Tsetang
Xining
Baga
Dongtso
Naqu
Rilong
Ritu
Sakya
Zhangm
Zhongba Shigatse
Gar
Golmud Tingri
Saga
Tsada
Yardong

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Thanks enjoying the mod friends! :thanx:

@how play: download my file and put the folder on "mod" folder of your Civ4. Teh start the game, go to "advanced" and load the mod :)

@my present city list is this one:

Lhasa
Sikkim
Gartokh
Leh
Wuhan
Iyekundo
Cozhe
Barkhal
Lhari
Gerze
Oma
Nyima
Bamda
Toba
Gomo
Rutog
Barga
Zanda
Zayu
Banbar
Jomda
Namco
Baqen
Barong
Baiyu
Dawu
Darlag
Zaqen
Lhaste
Mangkhang
Gyangtse Town
Gyantse
Bayi
Bowo
Chamdo
Amdo
Tsetang
Xining
Baga
Dongtso
Naqu
Rilong
Ritu
Sakya
Zhangm
Zhongba Shigatse
Gar
Golmud Tingri
Saga
Tsada
Yardong

Gartok is the capital of Sikkim, doesn't make sense to have Sikkim as a city.

Nice addition, CivArmy. :) But "Shaolin Monk" is an odd choice for a Tibetan UU since "Shaolin" is a Chinese martial art and "Warrior Monks" is not unique to Tibetan culture. ;) The UU ought to be the "Khampa Horseman" (replacing Horse Archer). The Khampa were a fierce warrior people that were employed by the rulers of the Tibetan Empire.

i agree with the khampa... i like the mod though. I'd like to see another leader.

Songsten Gampo (one of the great "Dharmarajas" of Tibet) would make a great alternative leader. :) By the way, "Songsten" is sometimes spelled as "Songtsen". It doesn't really matter which spelling you use, though. ;)

Nice addition, CivArmy. But "Shaolin Monk" is an odd choice for a Tibetan UU since "Shaolin" is a Chinese martial art and "Warrior Monks" is not unique to Tibetan culture. The UU ought to be the "Khampa Horseman" (replacing Horse Archer). The Khampa were a fierce warrior people that were employed by the rulers of the Tibetan Empire.
I agree. Plus the current UU is practically the same as the Roman praetorian. It's nice to have diversity in UUs. The LH looks very good though.

My pleasure to produce the second leader :D and no probem changing the UU and its power. It can be done in a next version ;) If someone wants post the new leader images/photos, go ahead. I can't make him in few days, but I can use this image/photo as future reference ;)

thanks enjoying and for the tips! :)

Here is an artist's rendition (most likely idealized and not exactly how he looked ;) ):

Ogedei_the_Mad said:
Nice addition, CivArmy. :) But "Shaolin Monk" is an odd choice for a Tibetan UU since "Shaolin" is a Chinese martial art and "Warrior Monks" is not unique to Tibetan culture. ;) The UU ought to be the "Khampa Horseman" (replacing Horse Archer). The Khampa were a fierce warrior people that were employed by the rulers of the Tibetan Empire.

I definitely agree here. It's a great mod, and the leaderhead is fantastic, but shaolin monks really have almost nothing to do with tibet, and the swordsman model doesn't really work for any kind of monk.

tenzindechen1 said:
Just want to know?
If any of u guys r tibetan and speak tibetan?
I m just wondering :) :) :) ;)

No, I'm not and don't speak them linguage.

--------------------

thanks for the image reference fellows!
and I can change the UU in the next version ;)

I love this civ! I had the best game I've ever had. Now I saved and it won't load the game anymore!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Btw, Tibetan isn't a language.

I love this civ! I had the best game I've ever had. Now I saved and it won't load the game anymore!
Btw, Tibetan isn't a language.

The ignorance of this statement is truly stunning Alcosta15.

Here is some reading material for you:

Tibetan is spoken in Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, and in parts of northern India (including Sikkim). It is classified by linguists as a member of the Tibeto-Burman subgroup of the Sino-Tibetan languages.

Tibetan is written in a very conservative syllabary script based on the writing system of the ancient Sanskrit language of India. Used in its present form since the 9th century, it was developed as a means of translating sacred Buddhist texts that were being brought into Tibet from India. The writing system derived from the pronunciation of the language as it was in about the 7th century, and varies in many ways from colloquial Tibetan as it spoken today.

And a link:
http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/language.htm

I also don't think Shaolin Monks are appropriate for the Tibetans. Maybe units that get extra bonuses in hills? I do think it would be very cool if the Tibetans had a unique missionary unit somehow. I am not sure what form it would take however. Besides that little quibble, super work CivArmy. ^^

Missionaries? WTF? That makes little sense considering that Tibet wasn't really obsessed with missionaries and conversion...maybe more sense with China, and anyway we already have missionary units, for any religion.

Why not use the Indo-Tibetan Border police that the Indian government helped build and train after China captured Tibet. Basically PM Nehru trained these Tibetan soldiers to hope to use to eventually liberate Tibet. Today they serve along with the Indian military along the border. Powerful troops, but maybe not "Tibetan enough" to be considered a Tibetan UU, since they are fighting alongside India.

Top Bottom