New Civilization: Zulu

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Wyz, thanks for the list and the new information! I think the best option is a civ to represent all the civis of that region, so, I think it could be great join Nguni and the others. If I have to change the civ name cos this join, no problem ;)

I'll edit the list to include the Nguni tribes, and I'll pitch a few leader suggestions for your review.

Wyz_sub10 said:
I'll edit the list to include the Nguni tribes, and I'll pitch a few leader suggestions for your review.

please, do that. I must learn how to edit the Great People stuff and uses your leader list for this.
BTW, should I change the civ name since it isn't Zulu exclusive no more? in acse yes, what name?

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
please, do that. I must learn how to edit the Great People stuff and uses your leader list for this.
BTW, should I change the civ name since it isn't Zulu exclusive no more? in acse yes, what name?

I'll put together the city list, leader info, and Civpedia entries for you. I'll likely finish it tonight and send it your way.

For civ name, Nguni would be correct.

Okay, here is my info on the Nguni. The zip file contains 3 small text files -
1) Nguni civilipedia entry
2) Nguni leader bios
3) Nguni city list

Two notes:

- there are 4 leaders included for your consideration. All 4 would be great. :) Shaka is basically a given, but Cetshwayo should be there for his role in the Anglo-Zulu War, and there are two non-Zulu leaders: Mnguni - the "father" of all Nguni who began the migration from the Great Zimbabwe, and Nelson Mandela - a great modern leader of the Xhosa group.

- the city list is a mix of modern cities of Nguni peoples and older cities from the tribal empires. Both Pretoria and Durban are included using the Zulu names.

Let me know if you have any edits or need further assistance.

Attachments

• Nguni info.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 109
Supa said:
Jecrell > How did you to put all yours modifs in one XML ? Does the game automaticly load all XMLs from the XML subfolder ?
Edit: Ah, you were talking about the GAMETXT XMLs. I'm wondering if it could work for all others XML entries.
I've tried -- it doesn't work with the other XML files. Apparently the Text XML file was designed with a different idea in mind.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Okay, here is my info on the Nguni. The zip file contains 3 small text files -
1) Nguni civilipedia entry
2) Nguni leader bios
3) Nguni city list

Two notes:

- there are 4 leaders included for your consideration. All 4 would be great. :) Shaka is basically a given, but Cetshwayo should be there for his role in the Anglo-Zulu War, and there are two non-Zulu leaders: Mnguni - the "father" of all Nguni who began the migration from the Great Zimbabwe, and Nelson Mandela - a great modern leader of the Xhosa group.

- the city list is a mix of modern cities of Nguni peoples and older cities from the tribal empires. Both Pretoria and Durban are included using the Zulu names.

Let me know if you have any edits or need further assistance.

:thanx:
If I have time tomorrow I can launch a new version of this new civ with your infos, including the new name :)

Here's a city list:

Zulu
Zimbabwe
Ulundi
Bapedi
Hlobane
Isandhlwana
Intombe
Mpondo
Ngome
Swazi
Tugela
Umtata
Umfolozi
Ibabanago
Isipezi
Amatikulu
Zunguin
Duma Zulu
Isibindi
Izintaba
Kwa Bhekithunga
Shakaland
Simunye
Xhosa
Transkei
Jacaranda
Majuba
Nkululeko
Lavumisa
Nhlangano
Vukuzakhe
Matwabeng
Kwatinidubu
Dyoki
Mafeteng
Hlohlowane
Majwemasweu
Phuthaditjhaba
Thandakukhanya
Ixopo
Umlazi
Hlabisa
Ubombo
Ikageng
Siyabuswa
Kwa Zamokhule
eMgwenya
Bulembu
Skukuza
Thabazimbi
Kgotsong
Ezakheni
Ngwelezana
Lephoi
Luxolweni
Nkwenkwezi
Chivhu
Gwanda
Mwenezi
Chirundu
Chitungwiza
Mocuba
Zomba
Kwekwe
Mulobezi
Gokwe
Songo
Kabwe
Orapa
Shumba
Zvishavane
Chiboma
Palapye
Bela-Bela
Jofane
Mondlo
Osizweni
Mmabatho
Molepolole
Uamanda
Tsumkwe
Mufumbwe
Zumbo
Mfuwe
Ndola
Mpika
Kabompo
Lumbala
Mwinba
Mwenda
Mporokoso
Lubudi
Lukulu
Malonga
Karoi
Bullawayo
Gutu
Bobo
Mbala
Kasungu
Namwala

Thanks Civarmy, looks great!
One thing that bugs me though: I only know about the time in Zulu-history when Shaka carved out his empire, though what i know about speaks strictly against the expansivetrait. The man completely destroyed traditional structues in such a way(extreme militarism, mans were introduced in a kind of youtharmy and were later living with their comrades instead their familys)that the population dropped notably in just one generation. But maybe Wyz_sub10 can tell more of the subject cause he seems to have a much broader knowledge about this civ. I would suggest give him Ind. instead of expansive, cause he had nearly godlike emperorstatus and his people would do everything he wanted, even die on his whims.

BaneBlade said:
One thing that bugs me though: I only know about the time in Zulu-history when Shaka carved out his empire, though what i know about speaks strictly against the expansivetrait. The man completely destroyed traditional structues in such a way(extreme militarism, mans were introduced in a kind of youtharmy and were later living with their comrades instead their familys)that the population dropped notably in just one generation. But maybe Wyz_sub10 can tell more of the subject cause he seems to have a much broader knowledge about this civ. I would suggest give him Ind. instead of expansive, cause he had nearly godlike emperorstatus and his people would do everything he wanted, even die on his whims.

I choice "expansive", cos the its thread in Civ3 was "expansionist". But no problem to change it for industrious if more people want this ;) :)

As I promissed:
- I changed the civ name to Nguni
- I changed the city list
- I changed the flag
- I changed the civ's and leader's civilopedia entry

Thanks to Wyz_sub10 for all the new text stuff :D

New images on post number 01.

BaneBlade said:

The short answer is that the civ is supposed to represent the Nguni, as a whole, so it makes sense to include expansive, considering their expansion as a collection of peoples over that region of the world.

But directly for Shaka, I would argue that expansive works as he was the one to ally with some of the neighbouring tribes to create stronger alliances. True, he initiated a series of campaigns that caused hardship (many of these campaigns being abject failures). But that practice was entrentched prior to his becoming leader - he simply continued to carry it out.

I have never figured out how you create a custom civilization, on CIV IV, I know how (not the picture or units) on Civ III, but not CIV IV. Could somebody educate me?

fazzl said:
Is it possible that the link for downloading doesnt work anymore?

Some file servers remove the file if not downloaded in 30 days. Mattastic has a Zulu civ for download and I have one in my Out of Arfica packs that incorporates some of CivArmy's work and Mattastic's work.

But if you wait a few days, you may be quite happy with another option. :)

fazzl said:
Is it possible that the link for downloading doesnt work anymore?

It worked with me minutes ago, maybe the server was out for a moment when u tried to download the file :)

Wyz_sub10 said:
Some file servers remove the file if not downloaded in 30 days. Mattastic has a Zulu civ for download and I have one in my Out of Arfica packs that incorporates some of CivArmy's work and Mattastic's work.

But if you wait a few days, you may be quite happy with another option. :)

Ooops...I just re-read this today and I realize that it sounds bad. I'm not trying to dissuade you from downloading this - I was only saying that if it was no longer available, then try another.

But if this download link is still up, it's a great civ.

Thx! Must have been a current problem. It worked fine for me now.

btw: sorry for my english, i am just a german english "noob".

Head Serf said:
Wow, this looks fantastic! Hopefully someone will use this for a scenario or something. I love Africa scenarios.

Our developing team is currently working on the Afrikaners. Maybe some one can develop an African or South African campaign, when we are finished. ;)

hello, I have a question. As I put the flag in my mods, it appears yellow in the play. This situation is it normal?
Thank
As an information, I have changed the file art and the error does not come from over there.

(((( "white flag option" in Xml\Art\Civ4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml
<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>
to this:
<bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>))))))

Top Bottom