New Cumulative General History Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akhhorus said:
Who was the longest reigning European Monarch? Who and when?
Without resorting to google or any other source, I would say Queen Victoria, but it's probably one of those obscure Franzes from Austria.

oh and also, Ill be gone a big chunk of tomorrow, so keep guessing and Ill try to sign on when I can. No hints on this one...too easy!

Elizaberth I ?

George III of England?

D.Afonso Henriques, First king of Portugal, He reigned from 1112 to 1185

So D.Afonso Henriques reigned 73 years(he was king when he was 13!) and Louis only 72 :D

Interesting, what do you make of this site then? That says he was a duke first :confused:

First it wasn't a Duke, it was a count because Portugal was a "vassal" of Léon, so the kings of Leon considerd Portugal a county, Afonso considerd it as a kingdom. And the Guiness Book of the Records says the Afonso Henriques had the longest reign..

My appologies, it does say count also. Interesting nonetheless, but sounds like fudge to me to prevent a Frenchman being in ;)

Excuse me Akkhorus but in Guiness says that is D.Afonso Henriques had the longest reign...if you have the book go check it in Govnements chapter.Is there....

Rolo Master said:
Excuse me Akkhorus but in Guiness says that is D.Afonso Henriques had the longest reign...if you have the book go check it in Govnements chapter.Is there....

He was only recognized as King in 1143 in the Conference of Samora by Alfonso VII. Even if you want to start counted then, he was a vassal of Spain. Not a "monarch".

ok, then...:(

Rolo Master said:
ok, then...:(

sorry bro, there's been a lot of great leaders of Portugal(I love Lisbon, by the way), and he was one of them, but he's disqualified(in my book and should be in Guinesses') because he was a "vassal" of Spain. It's like the Irish or Scottish Kings who only would get their crown by the approval of the English Kings.

If we are now how long monarchs did reign another question to this subject:
Louis XIV. is not the person who reigned a country for the longest time. Who is the ruler with the most (known) time as monarch?

Adler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom