New dlc suggest moving land and sea

lordodin92

Chieftain
I originally posted this idea to Twitter but since no one saw or responded to it I thought I might as well post it here .
My idea for a new dlc called moving land and sea.
The main thing of this dlc is a new resource called reclaimed land . Starting in the industrial era you can assign a new unit called land worker .Thier job is to alter the landscape. For instance the can demolish hills or even mountains and get the resource reclaimed land ( not sure on amounts) but it takes X amount of turns bases on the tile being demolished . That land can be used to fill in coastal tiles or to fortify lowland or floodlands . The resource can also be sold to other civs. This main idea allows you ( as the gamer) to alter the landscape around your cities that may not have been good . Ie pesky mountain in the way or an island city that needs a little more land . It mirrors real life with several countries using it . There are even real life wonders like Saudi Arabian palm island and counties like Australia who exports large amounts of course sand. You can even get a new disaster. Earthquake. Does more damage to reclaimed land tiles and can even destroy the tiles meaning you would have to repair them . You can get new civic policies that increase the price of land sales or gives reclaimed land tiles extra appeal . The dlc can also add in coastal erosion in later eras to mimic real life a bit more and you must use reclaimed land to repair the erosion
I would also like the land worker (or possibly surveyor if that sounds better) to be able to make railroads instead of military engineer and canals . Which I think needs an overhaul .
I don't think canals should be a dedicated district. I think it should be an alteration to existing river tiles . Something that works faster then roads and still increases trade and you can add a canal tile next to a river tile but only for a maximum of 3 tiles away . Meaning you can alter the course of rivers and even link up two rivers and gaining a small amount of reclaimed land
As for military engineer. I think rather then railroad they should be able to build the normal fortifications and also use the reclaimed land to build a defensive wall a tile that stops the movement of any enemies until the next turn . I also think infantry units should have the ability to build trenches giving a big defence bonus against any land based enemies
This gives us players a chance to alter the landscape in ways we can't now . And in the course of history we have altered the land . We have built new cities and wonders on such reclaimed land . We reinforced rivers and coasts to protect against flooding so why not add it into the game

I would say there should be a new civ called Bahrain. (As a Google search told me it's the country with the most land reclamation)
And give it extra gold or production or such for each reclaimed land tile in a city and allow it to create land workers to be built earlier.
Also give a civ like England or Sweden the ability to make canals quicker or earlier as both countries have used canals alot .

I also think a few things need altering .
I think any combat unit that is bought should be called a mercenary and I don't mean levies troops
I think you as a civ should be able to stop ally civs from attacking allied city states like a diplomatic promise as I have played many games where my allies attack my city states and I lose them but don't want to declare war on my ally

And a new victory type called economic victory where your economically dominant over all the rest of the civs ie having more trade routes then other civs and having more money in your treasury

If the dlc does allow the mercenary idea then a good new civ would be Xenophon of the ten thousand.
A Greek mercenary leader who gets cheaper troop prices but higher production cost . Encampment districts earn gold per turn
His troops get +1 combat strength for each trade route and you can buy promotions but at a steep price . He is basically the mix between money and military.

Top Bottom