[NFP] New Frontier Pass

Indypapa

Chieftain
The New Frontier Pass was released for Windows a few days ago. The 2K press announcement said it would be available in many platforms but iOS(iPad and iPhone) was absent. Is Firaxis and 2K walking away from the iPad version of Civ 6?

They since then said it’s coming later in the year. Since Aspyr is developing the iOS version it’s no surprise it’s coming later but I was also worried about the lack of mention.

The year is getting pretty “late”.

@Aspyr?

I poked Aspyr on Twitter about and they answered me!!!

Work is in progress, but no announcement for moment...

I poked Aspyr on Twitter about and they answered me!!!

Work is in progress, but no announcement for moment...

I’ll believe it when I see the update.

NFP related updates will be the last tomorrow, but when will the iOS version be updated?

Regarding NFP, what exactly was the official 2K "mobile version scheduled to be supported in the second half of 2020"?

There was a reply from ASPYR.

The content is "Unfortunately, don't have an ETA at this time".

It's been almost half a year since the 2K official announced.

ASPYR itself is not stopped, and other games They are actively releasing.

I think that's not because They can't make an NFP mobile platform version, but I think They aren’t going to make any more.

In other words, They can see that there are no more mobile platform updates.

Last edited:
I think unfortunately it’s safe to assume that the IOS platform has been dropped out of the NFP

I wonder how 2K sees the ASPYR side. Do you think that there is no problem in the contract to the last ... Or are you talking about not having to release it under the surface ... If so, It should be said “There is no mobile platform release.“

I think there were many problems that were in the IOS platform regarding crashes and instability that resulted in maybe 2K dropping out the IOS platform from the new frontier pass , all the other platforms got the NFP pass but the IOS platform was left out

again this is my personal presumption so I might be wrong

I don't think it is. If so, updating compatible MacOS versions should also be delayed.

The balance sheet of the mobile version sales and the commission paid to each store (Google or App Store) is not balanced.

In short, I think that They decided not to release it because it is be contract with 2K, but it does not sell.

I'm hoping that Aspyr was waiting for the NFP to be finished before they port.it to the iPad. One can hope.

Of course I hope so too.

However, it is also a fact that questions arise when looking at the trends and responses of ASPYR.

The silence is an absolute insult to those of us who paid full price (again) to run Civ VI and all DLC on iOS. Firaxis seriously needs to light a fire under Aspyr or concede it's not coming. There's little excuse now after the final balancing patch is available for NFP. I can't be the only one who is looking at the new iPads for work but finding it hard to pull the trigger given the lack of full Civ VI on the platform.

I got a reply from Aspyr. "The NFP mobile version aims to be released in the latter half of 2021, but details are undecided." Well ... I'll wait without expecting it.

Attachments

• 37F15A24-20E5-49C3-9FB2-E03F87973EC8.jpeg
    37F15A24-20E5-49C3-9FB2-E03F87973EC8.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 6E84E617-4EEE-4CC4-8F2E-75580AC71F23.jpeg
    6E84E617-4EEE-4CC4-8F2E-75580AC71F23.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 171
Top Bottom