NEW GAME 2022!! Realism Invictus Mod

Ra-Kadet is thriving, birth rates are sky high... unfortunately our production leaves a lot to be desired. We have been working on a circle of stones for our storytellers to tell of our ancestors for so long, that multiple generations have died and we don't even remember who came up with the concept. But we are determined to finish it!

The Phoenicians, unlike others in history, never were blessed with bountiful grain and fertile lands. Unlike the other civilizations in history that had lots of fertile land to grow staple crops, the Phoenicians had to make do as nomads, searching for good animals to hunt and sustain upon. Much of the land around them was just forests and swamps. At least they got to hunt seasonal bison.

The Phoenicians made contact with a peculiar civilization that seemed to live off of seafood. The very thought of building huge settlements off of fishing was something the Phoenicians did not even think of. Would these people be willing to share their expertise, and would they be friend or foe? Only time would tell.

There was once a small and isolated tribe. They lived in the shadows of a sacred mountain, on gentle rolling hills, hunting small preys in the near forests.
Life was simple and good, but the yearly winter avalanches took great toll... they decided to cross the ancient river they bordered to settle a new life at a safe distance from the wrath of the icy god Boreas.

There they mastered the new art of growing plants and a new era of abundance started.
Many young were born; many males grew strong and bold. Not all were kind to a peasant life, and many wanted to show their force and courage.
Fearing the unbalance in the exploding society, the elders and sages of the tribe suggested that was time for a great expedition: they formed two groups of young men, armed with strong wooden clubs, and sent them to explore the wilderness.

Generation passed, and slowly the tribe accumulated knowledge of their surroundings with the reports coming: vast deserts, forests, hills, mountains, rivers, and seas. They met a few peaceful small encampments that were easy prey, and a strange but friendly tribe that seemed to love the yellow color.
The warrior's groups grew bolder, without any real challenge, and voiced to the sky and the goddess of hunting Diana claiming to be invincible.
She was intrigued, and in the same night, the two far, far away groups were tested.

One was on a hill by the shining sea, encircled by rivers and mountains, and feel so safe that even when they spotted sleek and fast animals, they did not worry.
They drank and told stories, and went to sleep putting just a few guards: they did not knew that those feline predators could swim and move in the dark silently and with clear vision.
The onslaught was fatal… only a few survived, able barely to come back and report the humiliating demise.

The other group was in a dark forest. They heard howls, and saw the beasts encircle them.
They understood that their short clubs would have put them in the range of the animal’s jaws, so they promptly took the long branches they had prepared for the camp's fire to fight off the beasts and, with courage and luck, prevailed.
They come back to report what they found: that the world was not a safe place and that a long weapon is better that a short weapon. Even better if you have a shield.

The great expedition's era was over; the newborn civilization was now focused on growing and consolidating. A new militia was formed, tasked in defending the ancestor’s land.

Feels like its slowed a bit lately. Come on folks lets go go go go go... Get us out of the super ancient days!

Hey guys
I know the game has started but is any way that I can join this game. Would be really great to play a game online of CIV4
Has been playing civ for years now. Let me know.
Thanks anyway :)

Idk is it possible to replace one of the ai nations with a player? That would be it, we're also playing with the realism invictus mod.

You'd have to ask nighthawk anyway.

It is not possible to replace AI with a human player. Only the opposite is possible (as far as I know) .

@rezii, I am thinking to start a new pbem game with this mod, focused on geopolitical theme and related skills. I will inform you about that.

It is not possible to replace AI with a human player. Only the opposite is possible (as far as I know) .

@rezii, I am thinking to start a new pbem game with this mod, focused on geopolitical theme and related skills. I will inform you about that.
Hmu if you do start one, really love some more RI mp

Ok no problem, anyway let me know if there will be a new game.
@Phylhom yeah it would be great
Yes, I am using RI mod but don't know which version of it is because has been some years now that has been installed

Question, but what do you mean by geopolitical theme in this context?

I imagine a game with only one victory condition: Space Race. It is to ensure that the most part of the mod will be played.

I think the most fun and pleasurable part of the game will not be to reach the victory condition itself, but interact with other civilizations, sharing common interests and goals and opposing it to your rivals.

I intended to make a game with the focus on diplomatic questions, exploring the player's capacities to negotiate, to demand, to cede, to solidarize with the others.

It will be expected the celebration of written treaties and the formation of geopolitical, economical and military blocks, to ensure common interests and to administrate diplomatic crises.

The stronger and more developed nations will be responsible for the weak and less developed ones.

The maintaining of influence areas will be the center of the geopolitical strategies.

The goal is to stimulate the diplomacy, cooperation and trading between the nations, making the game and the necessities of the players much more interconnected and globalized.

I imagine a game with only one victory condition: Space Race. It is to ensure that the most part of the mod will be played.

I think the most fun and pleasurable part of the game will not be to reach the victory condition itself, but interact with other civilizations, sharing common interests and goals and opposing it to your rivals.

I intended to make a game with the focus on diplomatic questions, exploring the player's capacities to negotiate, to demand, to cede, to solidarize with the others.

It will be expected the celebration of written treaties and the formation of geopolitical, economical and military blocks, to ensure common interests and to administrate diplomatic crises.

The stronger and more developed nations will be responsible for the weak and less developed ones.

The maintaining of influence areas will be the center of the geopolitical strategies.

The goal is to stimulate the diplomacy, cooperation and trading between the nations, making the game and the necessities of the players much more interconnected and globalized.
Nice, I am in

Wouldn't conquest/domination still be viable since you can win the space race if no one can even contest you?

Wouldn't conquest/domination still be viable since you can win the space race if no one can even contest you?

Conquest/Domination makes possible a winning in initial eras. As I said, the intention is to ensure that the most part (content) of the mod will be played.

I imagine a game where the most exciting goal will not be the Victory Condition, itself. But the interactions (deals, treaties, comon strategies, trade, betrayals etc).

I never liked to reach the victory condition as soon as possible. In my opinion, that reduces the greatness of the game. Imagine that in the initial eras you reach one of the victory conditions. Wouldn't you feel something was missing? More diplomacy, more conflicts, more turnarounds, ultimately, more emotion?

That sounds very interesting @Phylhom ! For more intrigue, maybe some version of the Fall from Heaven mod might be of interest. I think it has a mechanic where you can join the good guys or the bad guy team via a civic (overcouncil / undercouncil) and win in teams. Though I haven't played it much so I might be mistaken. Otherwise your friendly cowherder neighbor is open for business :)

Spoiler In other news, the pig has now been tamed in Armenia! Here is a picture of a summer settlement of the Porkos tribe in the southeastern hills :

HiresScreenshot 19.png

Sounds awesome Phylom! I'm in as well, if you decide to start it. I am the same, I like to play the game and the mod because its awesome, not because I necessarily care about winning. (It helps that I'm not good enough to win very often!)

My favorite PBEM games I used to play were ones with stories and lots of diplomacy in them.

I hope this game will get there someday too! We just have to grind through the ancient era first...

Sounds awesome Phylom! I'm in as well, if you decide to start it. I am the same, I like to play the game and the mod because its awesome, not because I necessarily care about winning. (It helps that I'm not good enough to win very often!)

My favorite PBEM games I used to play were ones with stories and lots of diplomacy in them.

I hope this game will get there someday too! We just have to grind through the ancient era first...
Well, we need to also meet everyone... Some of us haven't even got the opportunity to meet other players lol.

Also map trading has been moved to the sextant tech so its even harder to play diplomacy and figure out the map for it early lmao.

Top Bottom