• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Game Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume you don't have Tech D On then.

JosEPh
I don't recall actually. Usually when I set the game to a setting this easy I'd put it on but I may have left it off by habit. Can't check at the moment.

The primary inhibitor to growth for me has been production, budget and crime (which may have had a lot to do with budget too.) It's a good economic challenge this game. I need to have a city or two building wealth or I'm in trouble. If the AI is suffering this much economic strain then I need to get in and teach them how to build wealth strategically a little better at some point.

In that game I posted the screen shots of in the Bug thread a couple of days ago, the neighbor to the north of me, Monty, has to keep 2 of his 4 cities on meager/lesser wealth. Ramses keeps him busy with constant attacks. They went to war real early. But then I got a very strategic starting spot and by the time I had 4 cities I had both cut off from the rest of our shared continent. I have 14 cities now to their 4 and 6 cities. Time to roll Monty up and keep Ramses alive till I find another trade partner. ;)

And I'm glad that you have to struggle a bit on your budget. Means I've gotten some success with early Gold and maint. costs.

JosEPh

Got a question about a couple of modifiers I keep finding in some of the Civics, 1st one is : iPopulationgrowthratepercentage and the other is: iRealCorporationMaintenanceModifier they are tacked on to the end of many Civics in scattered categories. Any idea why they are in there? And the RealCorp one usually has a Large -#. Realistic Corp modifiers perhaps? But why the need for such Huge discounts?

I can kind of see the Popgrowthratepercent one but it's haphazardly used to impho. I can see it for certain categories and late Civics in those categories when the game is reaching the late stage eras. But not for some fairly early Civics. Curious about these.

JosEPh

And I'm glad that you have to struggle a bit on your budget. Means I've gotten some success with early Gold and maint. costs.
Yes. Spot on really. The slider has been getting a lot of use, spanning 0-100% and everything in between depending on the round. And lately the really nice thing is that it feels effective to use the slider and that's a tough spot to land on as far as game balance goes.

iPopulationgrowthratepercentage
Controls the rate of growth (how much food it takes to get to the next population as a % modifier to the base, which naturally increases with each population point.) Positive values should mean it takes more food to get to the next population. This one's pretty important.

iRealCorporationMaintenanceModifier
This has to do with Realistic Corporations. I'm REALLY not a fan of this system so I haven't spent any time analyzing it.
I can kind of see the Popgrowthratepercent one but it's haphazardly used to impho.
The use on the tag is what has classically made it so valuable to get the Caste System civic. Not sure if it's changed at all lately.

Looking at how it has been applied in our civics in the MP game, it seemed to me pretty accurate in how it was used. I might find some spots I'd disagree with but usually it's about right imo. So I'm not sure what haphazardness you're seeing in it's current applications... you may be right and I've just not noticed.

Controls the rate of growth (how much food it takes to get to the next population as a % modifier to the base, which naturally increases with each population point.) Positive values should mean it takes more food to get to the next population. This one's pretty important.

Hmm....I need to look again cause I'm sure I saw some later Civics with -# values. We don't need late Civics in any category adding more Pop to late game by reducing the food needed to grow.

And while I'm on the Civics, I keep finding -1 for anarchy on some early civics. 0 is no anarchy so why the need for a -1 anarchy?

JosEPh

The use on the tag is what has classically made it so valuable to get the Caste System civic. Not sure if it's changed at all lately.

Just looked at Caste and that iPopulationgrowthratepercentage is not listed for it.

JosEPh

We don't need late Civics in any category adding more Pop to late game by reducing the food needed to grow.
lol... that's probably true in general.
And while I'm on the Civics, I keep finding -1 for anarchy on some early civics. 0 is no anarchy so why the need for a -1 anarchy?
0 would be sufficient, yes.
Just looked at Caste and that iPopulationgrowthratepercentage is not listed for it.
I'll have to adjust my thinking on reaching out for that civic then. Most likely. Must've been changed with SO's last review. May also be why I'm not getting population up so fast as I used to so it's probably not bad that it got a little rebalancing.

Pic attached for Ren Era reached . .

Attachments

• Ren.JPG
    Ren.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 83
Thanks SO. That date is real close to my target date range for Ren Era to start.

And it looks like you are making lots of Gold/turn at 40% research. Are you losing Gold at 100% research?

JosEPh

Thanks SO. That date is real close to my target date range for Ren Era to start.

And it looks like you are making lots of Gold/turn at 40% research. Are you losing Gold at 100% research?

JosEPh
Depends on which civic i change to, i dont want to change from what i have because i looked about changing what i have and it will take 15 Anarchy turns to get back to normal, hate that . . .i guess thats why we got rid of that in the first place. . . .

Depends on which civic i change to, i dont want to change from what i have because i looked about changing what i have and it will take 15 Anarchy turns to get back to normal, hate that . . .i guess thats why we got rid of that in the first place. . . .
One thing that would reduce anarchy times is to find a way to get your education levels to temporarily plummet in the capital. Stupid people are more malleable. But that is a lot of anarchy. Maybe strive to get a golden age started...

One thing that would reduce anarchy times is to find a way to get your education levels to temporarily plummet in the capital. Stupid people are more malleable. But that is a lot of anarchy. Maybe strive to get a golden age started...
Thats because i would change 5 civics at once. .

Thats because i would change 5 civics at once. .
Well that's not TOO bad then. lol. My trait set will have a lot of traits that can manipulate anarchy times so it will obviously be one of the more important details in selecting a trait for you I'd say. :)

Is this with the latest SVN? And are you using Epic Game speed?

If it is.... Then I have more adjustments to make. Still trying to get a handle on the Era Anarchy % modifiers.

Could you list the 5 Civics you want to change too?

JosEPh

Is this with the latest SVN? And are you using Epic Game speed?

If it is.... Then I have more adjustments to make. Still trying to get a handle on the Era Anarchy % modifiers.

Could you list the 5 Civics you want to change too?

JosEPh
I always use latest SVN, and see pics for the changes, its ALOT more than i thought, around 20ish turns . ..as i mentioned before, Marathon speed . .

Attachments

• an.JPG
    an.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 36
  • an1.JPG
    an1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 79
  • an2.JPG
    an2.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 45
  • an3.JPG
    an3.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 51
  • speed.JPG
    speed.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 70
@SO,
None of those Anarchy times match what is in the Civics now.

The only thing that could be upping them is the new Anarchy Modifiers in EraInfos.xml that T-brd just introduced, or Leader Traits.

Could I get you to post a save please?

JosEPh

@SO,
None of those Anarchy times match what is in the Civics now.

The only thing that could be upping them is the new Anarchy Modifiers in EraInfos.xml that T-brd just introduced, or Leader Traits.

Could I get you to post a save please?

JosEPh
Just looked and i have the current SVN stuff??

Attachments

• MontMarWIP.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 60
Just looked and i have the current SVN stuff??

Thanks! This gives me a later game to test those Era Anarchy modifiers with.

Perhaps the modifiers work the Opposite of what I thought they should? Or we have another file affecting anarchy times.

JosEPh

They are % modifiers but they zero point calibrate at 100, not 0. Thus 50 would be saying 50% of normal.

There are other modifiers elsewhere. The handicap settings have some pretty severe ones I believe. Those act the same way if I'm not mistaken. And some are quite high.

They are % modifiers but they zero point calibrate at 100, not 0. Thus 50 would be saying 50% of normal.

There are other modifiers elsewhere. The handicap settings have some pretty severe ones I believe. Those act the same way if I'm not mistaken. And some are quite high.

With SO's save game I was able to determine that having any of the EraInfos Anarchy settings above 0% can add anarchy turns. So I just committed a new scale for those values.
Preh and Ancient have 0 for that iAnarchyModifier
Classical has 10
Medieval has 15
Ren has 20
Ind has 25
Modern has 30 and so on up thru Future at 45.

This lowered the 22 turns that SO showed in his Screenshots down to a much more reasonable level. Like 2 turns for Switching to Republic instead of 5 in the Ren Era. And so forth and so on.

JosEPh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom