New GMR hotseat game, regular players please

alright ... right now it's one vote quick, one vote standard ... if no one else votes for standard, it's gonna be quick ...

@GamerKG you're right on all points .... I normally play with my dlc folders removed, so I don't have to move them back and forth for HOF

Why not, sign me up. My steam name, if it's not Onan, is KaminOnan. I'm the same timezone as EEE...actually GMT +12 now. I can guarantee I can play turns in the evening, after 8pm my time. But I will often squeeze one in in the morning before work, or in the afternoon, if it's my turn.

Are we eight now, or more? Nice.

I vote quick speed...a turn a day...why wait any longer? Though I'm all for shooting for two turns a day!

Well, looks like I'd better get used to quick speed!

I'll practice a game (or 2? lol) today.

Awesome, I've set up the game in GMR with invites to all of you ... let me know what you guys think about this play order:

Banman (9am, 5pm EST minimum)
Tabarnak
Islandia
EEE_Boy (12am-5am EST)
Onan (3am+ EST)
Nouco (4:30-7am EST)
BlueCollar (8-11am EST)
GamerKG (by 4pm EST)

I forgot to tell when i can play.

It will be from 12 am to 4 am and 12 pm to 3 pm EST time

@EEE_BOY: you've got it, order barring more requests will be:

Banman (9am, 5pm EST minimum)
Tabarnak
Islandia
Onan (3am+ EST)
EEE_Boy (12am-5am EST)
Nouco (4:30-7am EST)
BlueCollar (8-11am EST)
GamerKG (by 4pm EST)

still waiting on Tab and GamerKG

Sorry about that, but is there any way to see what civs you guys have already picked? I also can't even tell if my civ is actually available...

My pick is random. All the DLC were available, and I'd love to play one, but I don't own any of em, so I guess not.

@GamerKg: what civ are you looking to pick? I'm not planning on using any dlc, so the normal assortment plus genghis are available, korea, denmark, spain, inca, polynesia, babylon are not available ... most folks are going with random, which will picked by the computer after deliberate choices are in

Ok I joined. I'm going to be bad because quick is so weird to me, but w/e. Let's have some fun!

Also I would like to play a standard game, but G&K will come out early into that one and I don't know if things will be compatible. Certainly I will get used to G&K and suddenly everything will be screwed up. So maybe I will wait for G&K to start that.

awesome!

I'm guessing when Gods & Kings comes out, it will be like Beyond the Sword for CivIV -- you can launch either the original game or the new version ... but yeah, I expect we'll all want to switch to playing with the expansion as much as possible :)

If it makes you feel better, these GMR games are my first time playing multiplayer -- have played a ton of SP (basically an average player) but have never gone for simultaneous multiplayer because of the need to be online for long chunks of time ...

Tabarnak, just waiting on you ...

Checked in :)

Great! Game is started, only two players were not set as random (Islandia - Egypt, GamerKG - Aztecs) ... Here's what everybody else rolled:

Banman: Mongols
Tabarnak: Songhai
Onan: France
EEE_BOY: Siamese
Nouco: Indians
BlueCollar: Romans

Good luck to everybody, I'm really looking forward to the game!! If your schedule changes/real life comes up/you're going to have to hold off on your turn for more than a day please use this thread to let everybody know. Hopefully my cursory attempt to line up folks' preferred playing times will help us roll smoothly most of the time ...

Hi all - before we get too far in this game, I think that the game speed is set to standard. Do we want to recreate it on quick game speed?

Hi Islandia: you're absolutely right, looks like I forgot to change the speed setting :hammer2:

What's folks feeling? I'm OK with proceeding as is, but will start a new one with the proper speed if that's the consensus ...

Seeing how long the turns typically take in this sort of setting, I'd prefer to restart only because I think that standard speed will add a month or two to game length overall, based on the other actual 8 player that is at turn 35 or so that I've been playing.

Plus no one has seen their start so it's not a big deal.

Top Bottom