New GMR hotseat game, regular players please

OK: Tab and Islandia (the only others besides myself who have seen their turns) are in favor of a quick restart before we get invested in our start positions, so I'm setting it up ... Have set it up and reinvited everybody, will keep the same player order and I promise I'll remember the speed this time :S

Obviously, everybody's individual call on civ choice -- whether to keep your original roll or reroll. As before, whatever you have entered on GMR at the time I start the game will be what I punch in for the setup.

I think quick speed is better, as it takes too long to finish standard game, especially continent map

Sorry but I didn't get the invitation. I was waiting for that. Let me log on to double check the comment logs.

There has been too many comments to the game, maybe I missed the invitation somehow.

We should use the forum for game discussion.

Joined.

The message was buried in the comments. Sorry about that. I was going to ask in the forum why the new one hasn't started:)

Joined.

The message was buried in the comments. Sorry about that. I was going to ask in the forum why the new one hasn't started:)

For all this waiting, EEE should give us 40 :c5gold: each when he can affort it. :D

:D awesome! I figured it was something like that ... have been having trouble keeping track of all the comments too, i agree it will be easier to keep the conversations in the cfc thread

am under the weather today, will try to get it rolling tomorrow

Well, you shouldn't propose this, as you kept us waiting for the previous game to start. We both will be bankrupted.:)

...:p

And away we go, at quick speed!

Here's the roll for those of us who took random civs:
Banman: Rome
Tabarnak: Russia
Onan: Arabia
Nouco: Ottoman

Ottomans....hmm, thats going to be tough. Not one of the easier civs :)

Ottomans....hmm, thats going to be tough. Not one of the easier civs :)

It may be fun to play. Survive til 2 UUs are out and then Ottoman rules. Build one trireme early to hunt for barb ships, which may be very handy for sea dominance later :)

Eh, on quick the UUs are going to be not as good. They will become obsolete quickly and they are at the same time too! They are also both units that you normally would want to upgrade immediately (musketman->rifleman & lancer->anti-tank or is it cavalry/tank?) so he's going to have some tough decisions to make.

that depends on how fast i go to gunpowder ;-) But for that i will have to scout the map first....
It is annoying though that bought units don't have an earlier unit....
I mean as Chinese you can build archers and upgrade them for example.

yah, musket-based units are effectively nerfed ... but if you're able to set up well (decent cash, barracks, etc) there will be a pretty nice window when janissaries could give a key advantage ... anybody know if they keep the kill-heal capability through upgrade?

Yes they keep the abilities all the way through the upgrades so building a bunch of them for later devious purposes might be wise.

2 things:

1.) I didn't get a turn today. I think we're getting stuck somewhere, but I can't tell where. Not a big problem, but if this happens every other day this game will take 1.5 years, and I'm sure I will have moved on to G&K so hard by then...

2.) Should we roleplay somewhat? Like in diplomacy in this thread or something. Just wondering if anybody else would be up for that.

2 things:

1.) I didn't get a turn today. I think we're getting stuck somewhere, but I can't tell where. Not a big problem, but if this happens every other day this game will take 1.5 years, and I'm sure I will have moved on to G&K so hard by then...

2.) Should we roleplay somewhat? Like in diplomacy in this thread or something. Just wondering if anybody else would be up for that.

Of course we will interact in the thread for diplomacy. It's just too early to talk about anything right now. The discussion will flow in around turn 30. That's a month later.

You are correct, we should agree that if someone can't take his/her turn for the next 24 hours due to real life issues, other players should be notified through forum.

Right, I was just wondering if people would be interested. I understand there isn't anything to do yet, we haven't gotten through turn 1! :lol:

I assume standard CS and barbs. That would mean 16 city-states (double the number of players that fit the map size).

Top Bottom