New Great Generals

Agree on the Jotnar point. A troll hunter and his attached GG were wreaking havoc against me in a recent game...until the troll hunter moved onto a mountain and his GG sat one square away. One horseman rush later and the fancy troll hunter was no longer pumped up and became easy prey. Definitely needs to be adjusted.

Suggestion: if possible, make the GGs as unique as possible - Horseman for the Hippus, limited spell abilities for Amurites and Khadi, a limited free XP growth for the Grigori, etc.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. ...Not exactly sure what the point of a UU great person other than a great commander would be, though...? XD

I can agree with the Jotnar thing, too; from a thematic point, why would the Jotnar allow their armies to be lead by a thrall, even if it is a particularly clever thrall? :)

Well, long ago I thought it would be cool if the Doviello had unique versions of all the Great People which were actually Great Beasts (Massive combat units). It's hard to picture a "Doviello Great Bard" sometimes...

Sure, he sings of the Slaughter and the Hunt, and the Ride of Wolverines.

well, what about civ specific units that the great general can UPGRADE into? maybe for a very small gold cost even, or scaled cost depending on the usefullness of the particular unique version. Like really expensive for jotnar generals, and only slightly less expensive for hippus warmounts.

i've never popped a great commander, but in my current game as the austrin i've built the baron. it seems he can lead an army too. (and i had no idea at the time what 'join army' was for, but i attached some werewolves to him). that's two new things i had to cope with in one turn!: 'join army' and the change to the way ravenous werewolves work now. i must read the changelog more often...

Top Bottom