New HOF Mod Versions !!

Thanks the previous response. I did have the HOF mod in the wrong folder, and moving it fixed the problem.

Now, when trying to load the save game for the GOTM, I get this message:
"The save folder you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not changed." Clicking OK closes Civ. The message implies that I changed something, but I don't think I have -- I'm new to mods & stuff. How do I find out what changed or what the problem is?

(When loading the save file, I get the "save file requires mod" message, it loads OK, and them gives me the message above. I tried loading the HOF mod separately, and playing a couple of turns in a new game, and that worked fine. It's only the GOTM save file that doesn't load.)

The error means the game has added up the check sums for your software installation, and one or more of them isn't the same as the check sums that were calculated on my Mac, when the save was created.

I haven't knowingly changed anything in my Warlords set-up for some time, and the WOTM 10 and 11 start files I created were loaded and played OK by at least one independent Mac player. Since I can still load up the WOTM 10 start file without error, this confirms that my installation has not changed since then.

As we haven't had this issue before, I don't have a utility for comparing your Assets folders against mine, so I can't offer any quick solution. I'm afraid the usual advice in this situation is "reinstall"! However, please confirm the following first:

1. Are you playing version 2.08, not the unpatched version 2.00 from the original CD ?

2. Are you sure you haven't changed anything in /Applications/Civilization IV/Assets/ or in /Applications/Civilization IV/Warlords/Assets/ or their sub-folders ?

3. Do you have any other mods installed ?

I have updated he first post in this thread with a link to the new HOF-Mac-1.74.002 version of the HoF Mod. If you plan to play GOTM 24 please ensure that you have a copy of Civ4 patched to version 1.74 and that you install this version of the HoF Mod.

As always, please let me know if you have any problems with it.

It should work, but I haven't tested it.

Problem using HOF with warlords 2.08 and I can't access the options… nor can I see the HUD. All i see is map…

NVM I put the mod in the wrong place (I put it in documents warlords mod folder rather than the applications warlords mod folder…)

Alan, I was hoping you might have an answer for me. I'm playing in SGOTM7, and I can't locate the autolog. The only autolog.txt file is located in user/documents/civilizationIV/autolog/autolog.txt. However, that file hasn't been modified since last October. I used spotlight to look for sgotm.txt, and iWarbadly.txt, with no success. :confused:

Also, I thought that this mod incorporated some user-friendly enhancements, like a better f1 screen, more event notifications, etc. I'm not getting any of that stuff.

Any thoughts?

pg, make sure you've got it toggled through the menu. When I was beginning the sgotm, I noticed nothing was activated in the HoF mod.

I have produced HOF-Mac-2.13.001, and it is linked in the first post of this thread. This version of the mod will be required if you wish to play WOTM 18, which starts in about 24 hours and also requires version 2.13 of Warlords.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this new version.

Can you please explain what this mod does? Also can you transfer it to BTS?

It provides a few extra goodies like extra event alerts, and it helps us to monitor security for the Games of the Month.

MacBUFFY is the equivalent mod for BtS. It provides a whole range of extra features, including a lot of the BUG (BtS Unaltered Gameplay) mod.

Top Bottom