New Let's Play/Tutorial on Emporer using 10144 SVN

After my most recent playthrough - as Pachacuti - I thought I should try and do a sort of tutorial for C2C, at least the start of the game anyways.

This will include, maybe a 1 hour video explaining how to configure the custom game options and such to start with then another hour maybe explaining the in-game options that can be changed to alter gameplay.

Other than that I will try to reduce the video lengths to 30 minutes - this wont be a 100% tutorial as I am not very good with pre-prepared stuff

Idiotically Tutorialising Caveman2Cosmos Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrUq7VE9I_yH99fwjcDr-zNHbDbOVNI4

Episode 001 - Custom Game Options Explanation -
Spoiler :
Episode 002 - In-game/BUG Options Explanation -
Spoiler :
Episode 003 - First City and First Techs -
Spoiler :
Episode 004 - Hunting And Subduing -
Spoiler :
Episode 005 - Managing City Properties like Crime -
Spoiler :
Episode 006 - Turns 85 - 91 -
Episode 007 - Turns 150 - 155 -

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this @IdioticUlt1mara!

Do mention that players should attack and subdue the highest number of animals in prehistoric times, usually done after trackers are made available.

The impact the additional myths give in:science:/turn rates are astonishing and are nothing short of an actual neolithic revolution.

The first 3 videos are up on youtube. I will put a link to each video and the Playlist on the OP. I will put links to each video just incase someone wants to see specific sections.

If anyone is willing, I would love for some feedback. Things like, should I make the videos shorter and about 1 thing? Should I keep to making each video about multiple things and explain them in depth and keep the vids at 30 mins etc

All comments are appreciated and i will try my upmost to alter my tutorials in accordance to what everyone thinks is best

We have also discussed in twitch chat that I will be doing 5 turns on screen/recording and 45 turns off-screen. Each time I record I will explain what I am planning to do and what I have done - what changes I had to make from what I was planning.

Is the download speed from modDB higher than the SVN download speed?
A neat way to hasten the process if that's the case, but the SVN "clean up" function should be used after the checkout in this case..

Anyhow, I would think the tutorial would be briefer and more concrete if it avoided modDB and only contained:
1. Download and install SVN software.
2. decide which folder you want your C2C SVN copy to be located. (Could be within "CivIV\BtS\Mods\", as long as the SVN folder is then named "Caveman2Cosmos")
3. Create new folder. (Folder name is unimportant unless it is placed within "CivIV\BtS\Mods\".)
4. Do the SVN checkout on the empty folder.
5. Then you go to your own SVN folder that is fully set up to showcase the SVN "update" and "export" functions.
6. Perhaps give the viewer a quick peek at the SVN "log", "update to revision...", and "clean up" functions.​

The tutorial is good as it is, just giving some comments that you can take or leave on your own accord.

Last edited:
Is the download speed from modDB higher than the SVN download speed?
A neat way to hasten the process if that's the case, but the SVN "clean up" function should be used after the checkout in this case..

Anyhow, I would think the tutorial would be briefer and more concrete if it avoided modDB and only contained:
1. Download and install SVN software.
2. decide which folder you want your C2C SVN copy to be located. (Could be within "CivIV\BtS\Mods\", as long as the SVN folder is then named "Caveman2Cosmos")
3. Create new folder. (Folder name is unimportant unless it is placed within "CivIV\BtS\Mods\".)
4. Do the SVN checkout on the empty folder.
5. Then you go to your own SVN folder that is fully set up to showcase the SVN "update" and "export" functions.
6. Perhaps give the viewer a quick peek at the SVN "log", "update to revision...", and "clean up" functions.​

The tutorial is good as it is, just giving some comments that you can take or leave on your own accord.

I am happy to try this out. Maybe at a later date. This was sort of a rush thing as someone on the discord could not quite understand the written explanation all that well.

So you are saying that you can just make a folder called Caveman2Cosmos with nothing in it and the SVN will just make a full copy of the game for you? Huh that is actually kinda interesting. I might make a video explaining that.

I do hope this tutorial series has/will helped people out

Top Bottom