• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Mod wih 2 new future eras etc.

Voltron81

Chieftain
This mod started from itch. I really started it for myself only as selfish as that seems. I started prolly shortly after civ5 came out. My one beef with the civilization series is that it pretty much stops at modern. I changed that. The only mods, at least when i started that i found, was Call to power mod, and BTF mod. I love call to power series, but there wasnt alot done with the mod. BTF same thing. (realize they might of gotten more done by now). I started to tweak BTF. Before I knew there was not much left of it. I exploded it. Tested it. Worked it. I took things from call to power series. I took things from science fiction. I dumped it all into the tech trees and buildings. I have four full atlas' of buildings and units. I am pretty happy with the tech tree. there is 2 new ages with at least 50-60 new techs. All buildings and techs have full text/pedia. Most wonders have custom splashes.
Here is the genetic age techs:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Here is the diamond age techs:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I will be making for every civ a unique building and unit. if the unit is genetic age, then the building will be in the diamond and vice versa.

What i need help with is units. As it stands, i was going to be adding in just old art with new icons. Yet, it might start get confusing on the field of battle. If some one could help. I would also like defenses like the omega cannon to actively fire on surrounding units in a city. I would like to be able to change the city era looks. ANy suggestions welcome too.

This is subject to change. I have most of this done. A few of them i just had insperation, a place for it, and a icon for it...so it just went in. I plan on doing the units next, which i have not done yet.
GENETIC AGE
------------------
Spoiler :

HITECH STORE
ORGANIC MAINFRAMES
INCUBATORS
E-BANK
HYPER TRANSIT
ORGANIC PROCESSORS UPGRADE
REGEN WING
MEMORYCHIP CENTER
ORGAN FARM
MONITOR DRONES
ORGANIC TEMPLE
GENETIC REPORGRAMERS
INTERFACE COMMAND
RAILGUN TURRETS

DIAMOND AGE
------------------
Spoiler :
ARCOLOGY
SEA CITY
NANO LAB
FUSION PLANT
QAUNTUM COMPUTERS
ION TURRETS
OMEGA CANNON(nw LIMIT 5)
VIRTUAL TRAINER
VIRTUAL RESORT
NANITE CONSTRUCTOR
SHIELDS
WEATHER CONTROLLER
TELEPORTATION PADS
DEEPCORE MINE(LIMIT 4)
FOOD REPLICATORS
TERRAFORMER

=====UNIQUE======
Spoiler :
SECURITY DRONES [REPLACES MONITOR_DRONES, CHINA]
NANO CONTAINMENT LAB [REPLACES NANO LAB, FRENCH]
COLD FUSION PLANT [REPLACES FUSION PLANT, ENGLAND]
HARD SHIELDS [REPLACES SHIELDS, AMERICA]
REGENERATION CENTER [REPLACES REGEN WING, INDIA]
ORGANIC MOSQUE [REPLACES ORGANIC TEMPLE,ARABIA]
SEA FORTRESS [REPLACES SEA CITY, JAPAN]
FLYING CARS [REPLACES HYPER TRANSIT, GERMANY]
ORGAN GENERATORS [REPLACES ORGAN FARM, OTTOMANS]
ORGANIC SYNAGOGUE [REPLACES ORGANIC TEMPLE,HEBREW]
ION CANNONS [REPLACES ION TURRETS, SIAM]
FORTIFIED INTERFACE COMMAND [REPLACES INTERFACE COMMAND,Iroqouis]
GENETIC PROGRAMER [REPLACES GENETIC REPOGRAMER, AZTECS]
ARCOLOGY BASE [REPLACES ARCOLOGY, PERSIA]
E-TREASURY [REPLACES E-BANK,GREECE]
ORGANIC HUBS [REPLACES ORGANIC MAINFRAMES, SONGHAI]
LONG RANGE INTERFACE COMMAND [REPLACES INTERFACE COMMAND, RUSSIA]
ALTERATION PODS [REPLACES INCUBATORS, ROME]
ORGANIC SYSTEMS UPGRADE [REPLACES ORGANIC PROCESSORS UPGRADE, EGPYT]
MEMORY NETWORK CENTER [REPLACES MEMORYCHIP CENTER, MONGOLIA]

=====WONDERS======

GENETIC AGE:
-----------------
Spoiler :
HUMAN GENOME PROJECT
PSYCHIC AGENCY(nw)
UMBRELLA CORPORATION
SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER(nw)
BIOMASS CITY
HARVESTOR PROGRAM
FEDERAL CLONING HEADQUATERS (NW)
BIOMASS FUSION REACTOR

DIAMOND AGE:
------------------
Spoiler :
MOON COLONY(nw)
SUPER LARGE HADRON COLLIDER
SKYNET
FIELD DYNAMICS LAB(nw)
UNDERWATER_RESORT(nw)
NATIONAL SHIELD
EMPATH CENTER
IMMUNITY CHIP
EQUALTARIAN ACT
GARDEN CITY
HOLODECK (NW)

if you guys have code for another civilization you want in just send it over, i will give credit in a readme somewhere, and use some of my spare building/unit icons for them. to have a part in the late game as well. any suggestions welcome.

This is really great mod, you done a nice job!
Is there any download link for this great addon?

It is been uploaded to steam. However, something happened and the tech tree is doing the funky chicken. If you start out (at least for me, no gods and kings) normally it all seems fine. It seems if you have gods and kings some are saying the tech tree is gone, and you have giant death robot or something to that effect. You start at the genetic or diamond age and the first line of techs all are duplicated! and then the rest are locked regardless of preqs! they are red. I cannot figure it out yet.

Hi I would like to check and play Your mod:king:, but don't know how to get it using Steam, and in Civ 5 mod I can't find Your mod.
Please help, I really want to play Your mod.:goodjob:

I'd like to see the future versions of Denmark, Sweden, or both get uniques (once the problem with G&K is resolved, at least). Although I can't provide code off the cuff, here are some general ideas to extrapolate from--

• The future Danish UB would probably involve agriculture/food production, given the role it plays in their present-day economy. Their UU would probably be naval or amphibious, given their multi-island geography and their expertise at moving over water.
  • The future Swedish UB would probably involve diplomatic or ecological progress, given Sweden's current neutrality and strong activism for environmental causes. Their UU would be more peacekeeper than aggressor--not enough to qualify for DEFENSIVE_ONLY, but certainly higher in defensive strength! (Modern Sweden has traded/sold weapons to several foreign powers with poor military support at home, so increasing the future Swedes' Influence bonus for gifting combat units is a possible idea as well.)

In regards too your gods & kings issue, it sounds like you have duplicate entries in your mod, and a whole bunch of xml's are failing(1 error in an xml will now cause the whole files to fail), to be sure I would have to see the logs, did you make this for vanilla? or did you start it in vanilla an just carried on through, for G&K?

Steam Workshop doesn't work for for those of us using Macs I'd love to try this MOD, but can't if that's the only way to get it.

Can you please post a direct download link?

I have made "progress". MY game glitched out big time. I even went to no mods and had no units. I do not know what happened but my windows seriously went blue screen of death. No recovery. Lost all my work and "progress". however after the reformat and reinstall, civ5 works fine. My mod works fine...sort of. I downloaded my own mod There was no era bug. The eras are fine. Everything seems to be on the up and up. However, i missing several buildings in the genetic age and in diamond age. Some icons have been reverted. I was sure i uploaded with buildings done. I am asking if there is a bug in my download or if anyone else who seen this mod has received the Biomass Reactor Wonder. (its one i know i did that is no longer there) or if there were some things that never got uploaded. Just a troubleshooting problem. IF someone has it then there is some files i could recover and save time, if not i will just have to redo all the genetic age stuff.

Is this mod still be worked on? and I have a problem of not being able to see the tech tree when playing and I start out with terraforming is there any way for me to fix this?

Well it goes like this, my computer did some weird things, which i think messed up the mod. The computer died. Motherboard went out. I just recently got a new one which will crush the game to dust. (8core, 32gig ram) I have been since working on its ressurrection. And adapting it to G&K and BNW. I bought both in order to do so. I just fixed the era problem and moving on with the techs. I home to have the Genetic age techs done by 4/11/14 maybe ambitiously try for 4/1/14.

I should state this. Feel free to use anything in my mod. (I prefer credit, but wont sweat it if you dont) Consider it open source. I mod for me and just happen to share my work from time to time. I am not a stickler for that. I understand people put a lot of time in to the work and others passing it off as their own is wrong. I myself will give any credit you desire for help with my mod.

Well I think now was the perfect time to revive this great project Voltron, Brave New World added afew futuristic things, and your Genetic Era would fit nicely after the Information Age which BNW added.

Also theres a lot of unit graphics that could be used made by people here for futuristic units.

Ooooh, I remember this mod! I made my own "near future" mod for personal use, and ended up borrowing some of the ideas and graphics used. Good luck with it!

Interesting on new futuristic units, will have to look into that. I had a good afternoon. i repaired the eras, which was the hardest. IT turned out to be more of a work around. So as of now all techs and eras are working. I need to add a few into the genetic i think. Back tracking now figuring out what i am missing, in terms of original designing.

Top Bottom