New Modmod Idea for AND: DYNASTIES

It seems that the better idea wouldn't be to tie in geographically close areas into Empires but to make leaders of geographically close areas eligible to become the next leader in the Dynasty of the empire.

That is another great way to approach it. Picking a leader from the eligible candidates that would most benefit the Empire in that particular moment in history. I think you have you've hit on something that could add even more strategic value to the game than what I was envisioning.

Ideally, the change of Era would trigger the election of the new leader by the player. Very good idea Sonereal.

That is another great way to approach it. Picking a leader from the eligible candidates that would most benefit the Empire in that particular moment in history. I think you have you've hit on something that could add even more strategic value to the game than what I was envisioning.

Ideally, the change of Era would trigger the election of the new leader by the player. Very good idea Sonereal.

The large problem is that the system wouldn't accurately reflect dynastic change. China had several different dynasties for most of its long history. Of course, this could be handwaved if we say each leader represents one dynasty.

Another issue comes with civics. Running a democracy would mean a new leader is voted in often. Unless of course the Civilization is so happy, they vote in the player's current leaderhead every time.

Finally, the there's the very real issue of a real dynastic cycle which is basically:

Dynasty rises-peaks-declines-empire goes into chaos as many slug it out for control-new dynasty-rises-peaks-declines-and so on.

The large problem is that the system wouldn't accurately reflect dynastic change. China had several different dynasties for most of its long history. Of course, this could be handwaved if we say each leader represents one dynasty.

Another issue comes with civics. Running a democracy would mean a new leader is voted in often. Unless of course the Civilization is so happy, they vote in the player's current leaderhead every time.

Finally, the there's the very real issue of a real dynastic cycle which is basically:

Dynasty rises-peaks-declines-empire goes into chaos as many slug it out for control-new dynasty-rises-peaks-declines-and so on.

Then simply change the name of the mod to Nations or Empires. I agree that Dynasties is not the best name.

I wouldn't tie any leader changes to Civics changes. The leaders should change with the Eras. After the change, the player can change the civics to be more in line with the new leader if it makes sense. Ideally, there should be 8 leaders, one for each of the 8 Eras. Again, For a start I suggest doing 3 or 4 leaders per Empire. Maybe a change in leader every two Eras.

Then simply change the name of the mod to Nations or Empires. I agree that Dynasties is not the best name.

I wouldn't tie any leader changes to Civics changes. The leaders should change with the Eras. After the change, the player can change the civics to be more in line with the new leader if it makes sense. Ideally, there should be 8 leaders, one for each of the 8 Eras. Again, For a start I suggest doing 3 or 4 leaders per Empire. Maybe a change in leader every two Eras.

Won't happen. That's simply too many leaders. Tying leader change to era makes as much sense as tying presidential elections to blue moons.

Plus, there would be hundreds of leaderheads in the RoM Megapack.

As a new Civ that changes the basic traits of the Leader or the complet Leader with a long Revolution Phase (that also ignore the Spiritual Trait) would be nice. But simply canging the Leader by Era dont sound like a good improvement to the game.
But the Main Question for me is if the Change of the Leader Head is posible during a Game. (I know from FFH Mod Mods that Trait changes are prosible)

Top Bottom