New modmodmod: The Etheral Civ (help...)

lemonjelly

Modding For Ethne
UPDATED!!!!!
Version 0.01 for Fall Further 050

UNZIP INTO FF 050 FOLDER, UNDER ASSETS IN MODULES FOLDER!

well the idea for this modmodmod (for ff 50 i don't know if this is the right forum) is a civilization of people made out of the ether. The first leader, Stinlerid, got trapped in the ether after an assasin destroyed a machine that was teleporting him into another world (erebus). Because time flows differently in the ether (does it???), he manages to escape through a rift created when mulcarn enters creation from another universe (his vault?) and Stinlerid creates a group of people made from the infinite wells of power (so does Gunrie) and escapes into Erebus.

Spoiler :
Gunrie stood in front of a stone archway.
"Is it ready yet?" there was no answer from the short, bald professor. Gunrie shouted the question again.
"Urmm.... yes, Shere we go." the archway started to glow a peaceful purple colour. "Hurry, it won't last long, you have to go, and save the mighty civilization of Exodians"
Gunrie stepped into the archway. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen, then She faded away. A row of lights on the table started to dim. then, a lone figure dressed in black glidid over to the table, slit the professors throat, and smashed a glass jar. the archway started to hum, sparks flew everywShere, and the hall exploded.

Gunrie was trapped in the ether. She slowly started to change, over the centuries, to accept the magic. She learnt to connect to Agares's infinite wells of power directly, and started to search for other living things in the ether. She found some,after thousands of years of searching, a group of people called the Aifons. She learnt of Erebus, and of the Godswar, and everything before and after that, for they had eternity to talk. then, one day, She felt a new mind, from another dimension. She was called Stinlerid, and she was sent here from Erebus. In her world, or as they were to find out, time, the Aifons were still looking for a way to stop the doom that had been foretold. Not much happned over the centuries, until, one day a couple of Aifons disappeared, and another, until only twenty remained. Gunrie, using the power from the wells, to freeze these Aifons, trapping them for eternity, or until she could rescue them. Stinlerid and Gunrie floated about the ether, not doing a lot at all, until there was a burst of energy, and a rip appeared in the ether. they were being sucked along, but while they got closer and closer to the rift, Gunrie bundled together bunches of this new energy, wrapped inside the old, and created her people. Stinlerid done the same, until they had 10 of each element of the wells, air, earth, fire, water, life and death. The rift sucked them along, faster and faster, and as Gunrie, Stinlerid, the people of air, earth, fire and water came through, into Erebus, Stinlerid sealed the rift behind them, giving the people of Life and Death the task of protecting the remaining Aifons, and with that, they were seperated.

There are some unique spells only unlocked through the Etherali promotion.
They get 3 more mana at the beginning of the game.
They start with an adept instead of a warrior.
They can use divine spells with a longer display and channeling 3 (instead of 2) without having that religion.

Can some people help with:

ideas to make the Etherals more unique

EDIT: Added Siege Mage unit (upgradeable) basically from the AltAmurite modmod. Added other filler units from that modmod because I can't think of any idead at the moment. :( Hopefully have download ready by the morning, but im surfing through my mobile so can't upload :(

If you have any ideas, please post! I may be able to add them.

Attachments

• etheral V0.01.zip
    699.7 KB · Views: 50
FEATURES:

~New civilization~
Ethrali

~New leaders~
Gunrie (ARCANE AGGRESSIVE ETHERAL)
Stinlerid (ARCANE SUMMONER ETHERAL)

~New promotions~
Ethrali
Given to arcane units
Allows new spells
0.70 to exp gain

Dedicated Crew
1 extra :move: and :strength: to naval units.
Added through a new spell
100% of wearing off every turn

~New spells~
Summon Teleporter
(Requires Ethrali and Metamagic II)
Summons a pernament teleporter
Teleporter has 3:move:
Teleporter can teleport caster to tile
Doing so kills the Teleporter

Dedicated Crew
(Requires Etherali and Water II)
Adds Dedicated crew promotion to naval units

I think that this thread should be in FF thread, there are more people playing FF (naturally) there. It is a good idea though, but isn't getting 6 manas from the beginnig a bit overpowered?

The basic idea was to make an almost completely magic-based civ.
Its not perfect at the moment, but I'm focusing on getting stuff to work at the moment. I can't get the palace to show in the game, and I need to add a whole new magic line.

Not to sound thick, but how do I move it???

Ill post the files when I can grab a computer with internet. Should be tomorrow.

Do you think the being able to cast religious spells without that religion overpowered? :D

I also had thought of a civ made of magic energy some time ago but my ideas were much crazier than yours :crazyeye:. The main changes were:

1. The civilization didn't use normal tile income at all, but
a.) instead got :food:, :hammers: and :commerce: by improved mana nodes (with quite hefty boni dependent on the mana type that got bigger with later techs. For example nature mana nodes had 5 :food:, mind mana nodes 5 :commerce: and earth mana nodes 5 :hammers:. The other nodes' outcome distributed differently on :food:, :hammers: and :commerce:. With later techs these boni were doubled and even tripled.)
b.)and collected mana ressources (some corporations only that civ could found that were separated by the different mana paths i.e. Necromancy, Divination, Alteration etc.).
The reasoning behind this was that a civilization made of magic energy certainly would neither eat normal food nor would it be adepted to bodily bonds.
2. Also by sacrificing prophets you could create new raw mana nodes in your territory
3. And their hero got strength by consuming mana nodes (Starts with 0 strength but for each consumed mana node he got 4 Lightning Strength. Of course it was a late game hero)
4. Similar to the Infernals or the Mercurians you could not start with them, but you could switch to them at Divination.

That sounds interesting Imuratep though maybe switch at sorcery

I also had thought of a civ made of magic energy some time ago but my ideas were much crazier than yours :crazyeye:. The main changes were:

1. The civilization didn't use normal tile income at all, but
a.) instead got :food:, :hammers: and :commerce: by improved mana nodes (with quite hefty boni dependent on the mana type that got bigger with later techs. For example nature mana nodes had 5 :food:, mind mana nodes 5 :commerce: and earth mana nodes 5 :hammers:. The other nodes' outcome distributed differently on :food:, :hammers: and :commerce:. With later techs these boni were doubled and even tripled.)
b.)and collected mana ressources (some corporations only that civ could found that were separated by the different mana paths i.e. Necromancy, Divination, Alteration etc.).
The reasoning behind this was that a civilization made of magic energy certainly would neither eat normal food nor would it be adepted to bodily bonds.
2. Also by sacrificing prophets you could create new raw mana nodes in your territory
3. And their hero got strength by consuming mana nodes (Starts with 0 strength but for each consumed mana node he got 4 Lightning Strength. Of course it was a late game hero)
4. Similar to the Infernals or the Mercurians you could not start with them, but you could switch to them at Divination.

thats some crazy stuff. sounds like they'd wat social order and sanitation before strenght of will htough!

Actually their workers couldn't build other improvements than roads and mana nodes so sanitation "just" would give them public baths. Perhaps in the next weeks I will try to port it from ffh 0.34 to 0.40 and put it online. I also had some other minor boni for them, but of course I didn't write the details as the basic ideas were the things I wanted to contribute as he asked for ways to make them more unique.

wow thats some good ideas, can i borrow some??? mana nodes from priests would be good but i dont know how i would code it. and the mana bonuses. iv thought of letting the etheral archmages summon a pernament element summon on a mana node. anyone else have any good ideas?

Make the "Etherali" promotion give -50% combat str as well and you are all set.

ill do it and reupload today but how? can someone post the code because im away from my civ 4 pc at the mo so i cant check! iv got new graphics for buildings, but i cant get the cityset to show in game. and how do i make the flag appear because its just a coloured square at the moment. has anyone got any more ideas? perhaps a custom granary? or more unit ideas? and how do i stop the siege mages get certain promotions? they should only be allowed fire, death, ect. battle spells not ones like inspiration. and is it possible to replace spells for others but only for the etherals? like a new nature 3 spell that only the ethralis can get, but they cant get vitalise from nature 3 if that makes sense,

yes, ask Tarq, he did it with the body sphere of the Scions

I mean unique spells

As for the unique Buildings, how about a custom Mage guild that gives free magic sphere promotion for mana types that you possess (stealing Ahwaric's wizard enclave)? Also for the siege mages, you could give them a promotion that allows for a unique attacking spell. I don't agree that siege mages can only learn offensive spells, they can learn support spells, can't they?

i think the siege mages already have an unique attacking spell. and for the magic sphere idea, ill try to put it in, perhaps a set of buildings, like the golem buildings. any ideas for the hero and other units? i may put some elemental dragon- things in. smaller than dragons, rather weak, but with 2 Affinity for their type

and a giraffe archer because i want to use that unit. perhaps stinlerid and gunrie missed the giraffes!

has anyone played it yet? does it work, any balancing issues???

Top Bottom