[NEW MP] Let's Get This Started!

Splime

Regular Lurker
OK, so we need a plan to get the MP started, even if it means starting with a small # of people.

1. We need to spread awareness of the New MP, and show that it's serious. We can do that by...

2. Develop (briefly) the nation we will be working with. We should keep it simple, so that it doesn't become needlessly complicated.

3. Constitution. Not much to say here, though I do recommend a slightly more visible GM participation in this stage of development.

4. Open up the MP with a Bill of Rights, and then go.

So, any questions or comments? (Note: Party Formation can be done during this time, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it this early.)

I think the most important thing to do is to draft a constitution. Maybe look at what we used to have, and cut it in half...and make sure to address the concerns we had about membership and voting.

Draft a Constitution with a (hidden part) to GMs, players, and online stuff.

Make a country, make a constitution, we don't need a Bill of Rights, we can just put that in the constitution.

Then go.

Bill of rights is kinda part of the game already, so why not vote for one through an ordinary Bill procedure?

OK, so we need a plan to get the MP started, even if it means starting with a small # of people.

1. We need to spread awareness of the New MP, and show that it's serious. We can do that by...
How about posting something in the NES forum. It's kind of a NES anyway, in that you (together with a lot of other people, though) control a fictive country!
2. Develop (briefly) the nation we will be working with. We should keep it simple, so that it doesn't become needlessly complicated.
Are we going to use the old civilitas map and country, or are we going to invent something new? I reccomend the former, really.
3. Constitution. Not much to say here, though I do recommend a slightly more visible GM participation in this stage of development.
Yep.
4. Open up the MP with a Bill of Rights, and then go.
See comment in my post above.
So, any questions or comments? (Note: Party Formation can be done during this time, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it this early.)
Party formation when we have agreed on a Constitution, please.

I also have an idea, let's have an actual time schedule. Just give us a date when, for example, voting for Constitution must be up. It's going to help a lot giving people the feeling we're actually doing something.

This should definitely be handled from the ground up. Parties shouldn't be until after this whole thing is up and running. (Even if just.) A BoR shouldn't be even considered this early, that should be for if we get into the game and decide that something's missing from the constitution. (Much as it was with the American one, IIRC.) What we should focus on now is game details (However many or few, though I recommend the latter at this point.), a constitution (+ Gameplay rules), and plain old recruiting.

There may be one or two more things that we need to do as well, but if so they slip my mind at the moment. (Get the basics first, then when all is well and good start slowly adding detail.)

Recruiting won't be a problem--- it never has been, actually getting the game up before those recruits leave out of boredom is the problem.

OK, I'll get two new threads up -- Constitution Convention and World Discussion.

Top Bottom