New patch 20 December

I honestly can't believe there are still no teams. Two patches and they can't add that 1 simple feature. They should have just waited until 2017 to release it instead of this crap where you don't have basic features yet TWO MONTHS after the game came out.

So almost everything still costs way too many cogs, but now it's even harder to get them in the lategame?

They need to reduce the cost of late game units, building armies/armadas took a good few turns, even with stacked out production.

Ruhr Valley is pretty much essential now.

It's a TERRIBLE change. Stacking regional bonuses was one of only a few new systems introduced to Civ6 that I found new and interesting.

and what does "take the highest" even mean? Don't those buildings always have the same output?

Not always. For example, if you activate the Great Engineer Nikola Tesla in the Industrial Zone of a particular city, that city's IZ buildings each get +2 production and that city's regional effect buildings will extend an additional 3 tiles.

Stacking regional bonuses was one of only a few new systems introduced to Civ6 that I found new and interesting.

I agree. Stacking factory bonuses is fun! I don't mind a huge difference in production between pre-industrial and post-industrial Civs at all. It's historically accurate and interesting gameplay-wise. This change definitely makes city placement a lot less interesting.

If they were going to go after district spam, they should have nerfed trade routes and commercial hubs. Managing 20 or 30 trade routes is NOT fun.

Anyway, I would have liked to see them handle factory spam by introducing other measures to discourage ICS--light city maintenance, for instance. That would have been a better and more interesting solution than completely destroying the whole point of factories.

I am personally very glad for the factory change. The issue wasn't pre-industrial versus post. It was how stacking factories was so vital. Perhaps the bonus obtained for a single factory should go up to compensate for less stacking. That would seem like the optimal way to continue to provide a hammer boost, but make you not have to overlap all your cities to do it.

and what does "take the highest" even mean? Don't those buildings always have the same output?

There are some great people that can boost the output of factories in the Industrial Center where you use the GP. In that case that factory would out produce and therefore "overrule" other factories in the area.

Have to wait and see how the factory change plays out. First impression, I like that I will no longer feel pressure to build IZ in every single city. If a city is already within range of another city's IZ, there is no reason to build another.

There are some great people that can boost the output of factories in the Industrial Center where you use the GP. In that case that factory would out produce and therefore "overrule" other factories in the area.

Have to wait and see how the factory change plays out. First impression, I like that I will no longer feel pressure to build IZ in every single city. If a city is already within range of another city's IZ, there is no reason to build another.
Well there is still the baseline production bonus of the IZ and its buildings. But I agree, I like several small clusters of cities around one IZ each more than having it all overlap in one big cluster.

I just wish they would fix the notification sounds so that it can be properly correlated to.
Now the only notification sound that I can understand is that a barbarian outpost is revealed.

IZs and workshops still useful in each city, factories and powerplants not so much, as i understand the change anyway.

Only 4 UI changes. I needed to see about 15 here. Do we still have a terrible trade screen that won't show us trading options except for those in the city where the trade unit is stationed? Am I still going to get spammed with espionage and gossip messages that take up the whole screen, serve little purpose, and are a huge pain to review later?

Stacking change is great. It opens up opportunities to build something other than industrial districts in the cities that are already covered.

Am I still going to get spammed with espionage and gossip messages that take up the whole screen, serve little purpose, and are a huge pain to review later?

If i understood your comment correctly that issue would likely be covered up by their AI Tuning note;
-- Improved handling of several complaint or kudo messages from AI

I'm really, really disappointed in Civ 6. I've given it the benefit of the doubt and I've been hoping that they will fix some of the horrible aspects in the patches, but this patch is so underwhelming that it's not even funny. Maybe I need to wait for one more year before the game is good.

The sad thing is that this doesn't matter. All the gaming websites and magazines already gave Civ 6 glowing reviews so the devs can just always point to that. And Civ 6 has been selling pretty well from what I can tell so for all intents and purposes the game has been a success even though its quality is uneven at best.

If i understood your comment correctly that issue would likely be covered up by their AI Tuning note;
-- Improved handling of several complaint or kudo messages from AI
Nope. The Crouton is referring to the spam running down the center of the screen. That note refers to the dialogue messages from the AI about how you're poor/have a small navy/have a large empire/built too many wonders/etc

Top Bottom