1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Patch - First Impressions?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by kamex, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Raiki

Raiki Warlord

I haven't had a chance to play myself yet (gorram work *grumble grumble*), but it has been confirmed in at least one thread that the Bazaar still gives double luxes. It appears that almost everywhere that it was contentious about whether something was an addition or a replacement, it was an addition.

~R~

2. spider1

spider1 Prince

Playing another game and this time I laid down all my great people in their houses after getting the Freedom finish. The multipliers on their houses work on all of them. I think. On the acadamy and monument GP houses, they now don't show how much they are putting out, there is an astrisk on them instead of a number. I will have to assume that's more than what's normal.

How anyone else been experminting with using GPs to build their houses and finishing the Freedom track?

3. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

I got a declaration of a back stab - glad thats not a black box now

4. oledavy

oledavy Chieftain

Mac User here, so won't have the patch for at least another month. Can anyone tell me the new strength on the longswordsman (16? 17?) and what it has done to warring in that era? With Construction added as a pre-requisite to steel, how viable is the early longswordsman rush now?

5. joyous_gard

joyous_gard Prince

Germany is pretty good. Lots of barbs, lots of gold from camps, lots of units, reduced unit costs. Honor path for cheap upgrades.

6. flairin

flairin Prince

The civs are in alphabetical order (including DLC) when on game setup

7. cccv

cccv King

Can't say much about war in the era. Once I got steel I sling-shot right to chemistry with great scientists (one from the tower, one from GS points via GL), so my cannons are roflstomping just.... everything. The longswords are having no trouble after the cannons do the voodoo that they do so well.

8. MisterBarca

MisterBarca Prince

I've seen several folks claim that the turn generation is MUCH faster at the official 2K forum. Anyone else here see the same improvement? If so, that gets rid of half of my worries about the game.

9. He-Who-Hunts

He-Who-Hunts 2nd Legionary Cohort

with regards to the GP building yields,

Does the 100% freedom finisher apply to the yields after the upgrades with scientific theory/ Economics / Chemistry or not?

So do you get 8 gold from Customhouse (9 with +1) or do you get 10?

10. RD-BH

RD-BH Human

They've programmed an efficient bug delivery system.

11. flairin

flairin Prince

Wow... I am able to build catapults without even discovering ironworking... and make horsemen without pastures??

12. Alex_K

Alex_K Chieftain

Aargh! I was just a couple turns from getting the Freedom advance to reduce Culture costs by 25%. I fire up the computer and find that instead, 8 troops won't have to pay maintenance. Kind of a different result than I was planning on. So much for advancing my culture win plans in that game.

Then stone...not on that map but stoneworks somewhat helpful for where I have marble.

But overall it looks like another gradual improvement to Civ V. Though will have to play a couple games from scratch to be sure.

13. flairin

flairin Prince

wow, I got Genghis Kahn (babylonian khan) as a gift from Florence ... part of the new patch??

14. eazyseeker

eazyseeker Warlord

Nope, khan's were a known issue with Patronage GP gifts.

15. sav

sav Prince

YES! 100 or so turns in, and it is very noticeable - also, just generally getting around the game, it doesn't lag like it used to.

It's a lot smoother. It'll slow down a bit as the game goes on, but so far, it's totally sweet. Much faster.

16. sqeaky

sqeaky Chieftain

are the ottomans any better at all? they're so depressing to play...

17. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Well I can't tell for sure because, since the Patch, I can't get past the opening movie. Anyone else suffering this problem?

Aussie.

18. snoochems

snoochems Prince

Not surprising considering the massive happiness nerfs. Less happiness = less cities = less units = less fun etc

19. Pawninthegame

Pawninthegame Chieftain

Is the new stone resource added to fixed maps from DLCs, such as the Baring Straights?

20. snoochems

snoochems Prince

Anyone else feel that the Order SP tree is lame now?