New Patch for Mac?

K-Man

Warlord
Thunder Fall announced on the main page that Jeff Morris informed him that the new patch would be coming out on Feb. 15th. Does anyone know if the Mac version of this patch will be coming out any time close to this, or how long it might be? I do remember reading that free patches would be ported over for Mac, hopefully soon.

I wonder what this patch will contain, I guess we'll find out on Wednesday!!:D :goodjob:

Originally posted by K-Man
Does anyone know if the Mac version of this patch will be coming out any time close to this, or how long it might be?

We don't have a code drop for the next PC patch yet, so it's too early to say when the Mac equivalent will be ready. We're just going final on a Mac-specific patch at the moment.

Brad

Originally posted by Brad Oliver

We don't have a code drop for the next PC patch yet, so it's too early to say when the Mac equivalent will be ready. We're just going final on a Mac-specific patch at the moment.

Brad

Brad--is there any possibility you guys could postpone your mac-specific patch to incorporate the much more substantive changes announced for 1.17f today? As far as I'm concerned, the mac-specific bugs are so minor, I care about them MUCH less than the fixes in 1.17f.

I vote for waiting to include 1.17 before releasing anything (not that my vote counts for anything).

Brad, is it possible to include, in the patch, the ability to play Civ3 w/out the CD? I've got a couple rugrats who are on the computer all the time, and I often forget to remove the CD. I know its gonna get damaged at some point.

Originally posted by SSK
I vote for waiting to include 1.17 before releasing anything (not that my vote counts for anything).

No vote necessary - we're going to roll it into one patch. It shouldn't delay the Mac patch significantly, based on my preliminary examination of the new PC code today, which is good news.

Brad

Glad to hear that...

(Slowly, Rustus Maximus begins crushing the resistance in newly conquered cities with the iron boots of his military) :scan: "Resistance is futile."

Originally posted by Brad Oliver

No vote necessary - we're going to roll it into one patch. It shouldn't delay the Mac patch significantly, based on my preliminary examination of the new PC code today, which is good news.
--Brad

Good news indeed. Thanks Brad, you da MAN!

Incidentally, I had a new inconsistent bug with the program yesterday--will post new thread.

Top Bottom