1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

new patch is on its way: 1.0.1.275, released April, 28th

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by snipperrabbit!!, Apr 13, 2011.

1. KevinMiles90000

KevinMiles90000 Warlord

I don't know if it was this patch or the way it has always been, but there is a limit to how many hexes you can expand from one city (5 from the center). I just tried a OCC Russia game with a krepost/Angkor Wat and sadly I couldn't expand past 5 tiles :(

2. Nyanko

Nyanko Prince

Its always been like that.

3. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read it wrong. :blush:

4. sav

sav Prince

I've been playing the new patch with a previous save game, Thal's Balance Mods, and the one big difference is that I'm yet to have a crash that prevents me going past a turn, unless I go back 15-20 turns and replay.

That's a very good thing. Two crashes in three hours is easily tolerable, much better than before. That's all I really care about at this stage - that I can actually play it!

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

but they keep the key for the text, ie "TXT_KEY_CIV5_OSLO_TITLE" now refer to "Quebec City" :(

I understand that they can't just replace the key for savegame compatibility, but they could have just added the new CS and add a check to not used the old ones when launching a new game...

6. PrAyTeLLa

PrAyTeLLa Chieftain

Its always been like that... but only from the last patch (March) when they increased the min distance from 2 to 3 tile between cities to stop/reduce ICS.

7. Trappisto

Trappisto Chieftain

The game crashes for me every time i try to change civ on the game set-up screen. Is anyone else getting this? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

8. Marsoups

Marsoups Chieftain

I think I may have been dreaming or something because I remember some sort of mention of adding positive modifiers for diplo. Now I check the patch notes and they aren't there.

Was this mentioned as something coming down the line, the next patch or something? Or am I imagining things?

Liking patch so far.

9. André Alfenaar

André Alfenaar Warlord

The possibility to nurture positive diplomatic relations will be in next patch.

10. Montov

Montov King

That will be in the next patch, aka, part 2 of the patch.

11. André Alfenaar

André Alfenaar Warlord

And in addition they did fix the approach value:

Answer:

12. King_Course

King_Course Prince

A save game with a mod is not really a fair way to test increased stability I think. At least you are positive about it, complaints would have been abit harsh I think.

13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Played a few hours last night. I noticed that I've lost the little Trapezoid locator on the minimap when I have a unit active (if that makes sense). I'm at work and don't have a screenshot or anything, but was wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. I often lose track of things and don't know where I am.

14. Palaiologos2

Palaiologos2 Prince

Has the city state liberation bug been fixed? Where liberated city states would start in alliance with another nation and then at war with the player?

Maybe its that code correction for opinion.

15. eric_

eric_ Emperor

I'm not sure what either of these two mean. Can you please explain, Zyxpsilon?

Great to hear the positive feedback about the rivers! Also like to hear about Catherine's encroaching military. I can't say I'd mind more pressure like that in my games.

16. VGT

VGT Chieftain

I had situations before this patch, where it disappear. When in certain locations on map. Not sure exactly where but i noticed it happen in corners mostly. Didn't had a chance to play after patch yet, so can't confirm it.

17. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Yeah, I found that out once on a OCC. I'm kinda glad that they have that limit, with their krepost and tradition Russia could take over the entire map culturally otherwise!

18. generalwar

generalwar Philosopher

Has anyone tried to play with allies. Because, I think I read that civ allies will finally become friendly to you.

19. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Testing for a stability with a mod is a fair test - just a harder one! In this case, the TBC mod doesn't cause crashes anyway... and works just fine as is with the new patch.

20. Oneluv

Oneluv Warlord

O.K. As long as you think so.