new patch is on its way: 1.0.1.275, released April, 28th

I don't know if it was this patch or the way it has always been, but there is a limit to how many hexes you can expand from one city (5 from the center). I just tried a OCC Russia game with a krepost/Angkor Wat and sadly I couldn't expand past 5 tiles :(

I don't know if it was this patch or the way it has always been, but there is a limit to how many hexes you can expand from one city (5 from the center). I just tried a OCC Russia game with a krepost/Angkor Wat and sadly I couldn't expand past 5 tiles :(

Its always been like that.

I've been playing the new patch with a previous save game, Thal's Balance Mods, and the one big difference is that I'm yet to have a crash that prevents me going past a turn, unless I go back 15-20 turns and replay.

That's a very good thing. Two crashes in three hours is easily tolerable, much better than before. That's all I really care about at this stage - that I can actually play it!

Quebec City and Sydney replaced Copenhagen and Oslo. Presumably, both former city states will be used by the Denmark DLC.

but they keep the key for the text, ie "TXT_KEY_CIV5_OSLO_TITLE" now refer to "Quebec City" :(

I understand that they can't just replace the key for savegame compatibility, but they could have just added the new CS and add a check to not used the old ones when launching a new game...

The game crashes for me every time i try to change civ on the game set-up screen. Is anyone else getting this? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

I think I may have been dreaming or something because I remember some sort of mention of adding positive modifiers for diplo. Now I check the patch notes and they aren't there.

Was this mentioned as something coming down the line, the next patch or something? Or am I imagining things?

Liking patch so far.

I think I may have been dreaming or something because I remember some sort of mention of adding positive modifiers for diplo. Now I check the patch notes and they aren't there.

Was this mentioned as something coming down the line, the next patch or something? Or am I imagining things?

Liking patch so far.

The possibility to nurture positive diplomatic relations will be in next patch.

That will be in the next patch, aka, part 2 of the patch.

And in addition they did fix the approach value:

[*]Correct opinion code so we can get outcomes of friendly or allied.
Im not sure what this means... Could I have a bit more info? Is it that we have now positive feedback from deals in our relations with the AI? Or is that going to be addressed further along..?

Answer:
Basically, there was a problem that we corrected that was keeping the AI approach values below a certain level. Now, a player can achieve a much higher approach value. This is not the value you see when you're in diplomacy, this is the approach that the AI is adopting behind the scenes.

Some of the benefits? Gaining Friend/Ally, the AI won't really want to engage in coop wars vs. you, will be more likely to continue coop wars with you, considerably less likely to denounce, more likely to adopt a Friendly approach, etc.

I've been playing the new patch with a previous save game, Thal's Balance Mods, and the one big difference is that I'm yet to have a crash that prevents me going past a turn, unless I go back 15-20 turns and replay.

That's a very good thing. Two crashes in three hours is easily tolerable, much better than before. That's all I really care about at this stage - that I can actually play it!

A save game with a mod is not really a fair way to test increased stability I think. At least you are positive about it, complaints would have been abit harsh I think.

Played a few hours last night. I noticed that I've lost the little Trapezoid locator on the minimap when I have a unit active (if that makes sense). I'm at work and don't have a screenshot or anything, but was wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. I often lose track of things and don't know where I am.

Has the city state liberation bug been fixed? Where liberated city states would start in alliance with another nation and then at war with the player?

Maybe its that code correction for opinion.

SP trees are now splashing in a touch of shadows.
Nice explorer maps pack "strip" background too!

I'm not sure what either of these two mean. Can you please explain, Zyxpsilon?

Great to hear the positive feedback about the rivers! Also like to hear about Catherine's encroaching military. I can't say I'd mind more pressure like that in my games.

Played a few hours last night. I noticed that I've lost the little Trapezoid locator on the minimap when I have a unit active (if that makes sense). I'm at work and don't have a screenshot or anything, but was wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. I often lose track of things and don't know where I am.

I had situations before this patch, where it disappear. When in certain locations on map. Not sure exactly where but i noticed it happen in corners mostly. Didn't had a chance to play after patch yet, so can't confirm it.

Has anyone tried to play with allies. Because, I think I read that civ allies will finally become friendly to you.

A save game with a mod is not really a fair way to test increased stability I think. At least you are positive about it, complaints would have been abit harsh I think.

Testing for a stability with a mod is a fair test - just a harder one! In this case, the TBC mod doesn't cause crashes anyway... and works just fine as is with the new patch.

Top Bottom