new patch is on its way: 1.0.1.275, released April, 28th

Hmm... is it just my game, or is the production bonus for railroad no longer working for cities connected by a harbor?

I'm curious, what more would you like to see fixed? Don't have to give an exhaustive list of course, but what needs the most work in your opinion?

Have the Helicopters loose the road movement bonus. And have them make amphibious attacks normally.

Have they fixed the city state liberation bug? Where when a city state being liberated retained its past alliances and was even at war with the liberator? That was very annoying.
Well generally the liberation of cities and city states is bugged. I even got to liberate a dead civ's city once. The Civ was resurected but didn't appear on the diplo options.

Yup. In my games, and some of my other players games... the wonders after you complete them, in the world map, come apart and go back to their incomplete state. It's some type of graphic flaw. I guess no one else has it or noticed...

Yup. In my games, and some of my other players games... the wonders after you complete them, in the world map, come apart and go back to their incomplete state. It's some type of graphic flaw. I guess no one else has it or noticed...

Speaking of wonders, I don't want them being built in the water any more, it's unrealistic for Stonehenge to stand up for 2000 years half-submerged in coast...

How is it now? I skipped playing the last patch hoping it would be closer to 'complete'. Is it?

They took that long to solve those basic problems? And there is still more work to be done? I quit playing Civ 5 last november, and thought the game would be completely fixed by now, 6 months later.

So now I can see just how rushed this game really was...

Cheers!

just bought it and cant believe the condition this game is in even after the patches. i feel pretty ripped off.

now where is my copy of Civ IV...

They took that long to solve those basic problems? And there is still more work to be done? I quit playing Civ 5 last november, and thought the game would be completely fixed by now, 6 months later.
Although it's not completely fixed it's a lot better since 6 months ago. Improvements in the tactical, strategic and diplo AI (I guess that's the basic problem you're referring to).
A slow and steady line upwards :)
6 months after Civ IV came out, they didn't stop the patches...
The last patch for Civ IV came out four years later.
(Although technically it was a BTS patch and the last patch for Civ IV vanilla 'only' came out two years after release).
So let's see how Civ 5 is in 2 to 4 years :p

I've been really happy with the patches. The last two patches have improved the game significantly.

I finally got to start a game with this patch and it is quite fun. I'm constantly at war, and that is only with barbarians so far. The AI is nasty now. Some barbarians got past me and started destroying my tile improvements. My happiness plummeted and I had to react fast to the even small attack. I used to simply ignore barbarians unless they were close to taking a worker or settler.

I've been really happy with the patches. The last two patches have improved the game significantly.

I finally got to start a game with this patch and it is quite fun. I'm constantly at war, and that is only with barbarians so far. The AI is nasty now. Some barbarians got past me and started destroying my tile improvements. My happiness plummeted and I had to react fast to the even small attack. I used to simply ignore barbarians unless they were close to taking a worker or settler.

Are you playing on a higher difficulty than you used to?

I only ask because barbarians would pillage my improvements (when they had the chance) back when I still played this game in January.

I wouldn't say Civ5 was "incomplete" when it was released (no more than Civ4 or 3 or 2 was). Incomplete seems to be new rallying cry in many game forums - expecting an unrealistic level of features than ever before.

Out of the box Civ5 ran fine and was playable but it was way too easy, cheesy and basically unreplayable (in contrast to Civ4's release). We knew that there would be many patches (fixed and changes), just like we had with Civ4 (take a look at the looooong list for the big Civ4 patches sometime). What we didn't know was which direction would they take in making Civ5 more playable or challenging. They could have kept it at the simplified level and just added more to it. But you have to give them lots of credit for changing the game to a more challenging direction, that was the least I had wanted and I'm happy with that.

Civ5 is not perfect but neither was Civ4 and BtS, even after 4 years of work. Civ5 has only been out 7 months and it has already seen more changes (and additions) than Civ4 had in the same length of time. The amount of changes were more because it had started at a much lower state. But they had spent the time and resources to make that happen instead of 2K ending the development cycle and saying "we are pleased with the game".

Embarked horseman units appear to get 20% terran bonus effectively preventing them from dying in a poof when you move your frigates over them. Naval combat animation still happens, and they lose about 40% health.

GG, Muskets still disappear.

Anyone getting this?

Bug or by design?

Top Bottom