1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] New Pathenons

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lily_Lancer, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Wyvern_Parade

Wyvern_Parade Chieftain

I think this one is decently strong, but it depends on your land of course. Probably really nice for horse start bias civs like Scythia and Mongolia.

2. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Earth goddess Inca
    Goddess of the hunt Canada...

Other people will probably take the free settler. Unless they have a ton of pastures/plantations or get an early eruption in their cap (10+ yield tiles early game would look absolutely ridiculous with volcanic wonders)

3. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

@Victoria

What are the AI pantheon preference numbers now?

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  4. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Chieftain

Am I the only one who doesn't think the free settler is THAT great? Yeah it's cool to get a settler very quickly, but balance that vs having lots of tiles with +yield the entire game. And the border expansion is almost negligible

5. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

Good Bye Goddess of the Harvest. You needed to go, and eventually, you went.

Also. I look forward to the GotH bonus returning as a Leader Ability for a new Civ, where you could be just as much fun but much better balanced.

Not fare well, but fare forward.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Atlas627 likes this.
  6. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Started a game as Canada, and had a late pick of pantheons. Definitely debated Goddess of the Hunt, but counting it up, only had about 10 camps nearby that I could use, so still opted for Dance of the Aurora, since I figured that I could roll in faith with that.

Otherwise, I do like the changes for Canada. Lumbermills make some pretty strong tundra forest tiles, so plotting it right, you can basically get a bunch of small cities working a handful of tiles, yet still they're able to build districts without problems.

7. incroc

incroc Chieftain

Gonna try the patch later and will probably favour the free settler. Cities are great. But does it increase the cost of later settlers? Do you lose a pop?

8. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Chieftain

I'm not sure if it increases the cost, but it definitely loses a pop. I learned this the hard way when I got this Pantheon in my pop 2 capital

9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

It would be pretty strong if you could finesse things so that you get the pantheon after you build the first settler. Wonder if it would not give you the settler or reduce your pop to 0? :crazyeye:

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  10. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Chieftain

Yeah I got my free settler just before the first one I produced and it set me back. I had 2 pop and I think 2 turns left to produce when I got the Pantheon. Got the free settler but I was down to 1 pop and 6 turns left for the settler being made.

Not sure if I would've got 0 pop if I got both on the same turn. Now I want to know what would happen.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  11. kemmi

kemmi Chieftain

i tested it quickly and i dit NOT lost pop, but the cost did increased. i use no mods.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

SO you want to get it after your first settler if you can. Of course you never know when the pantheon will go so that is tricky.

13. incroc

incroc Chieftain

Cheers guys. Hope it's not that popular amongst the AI, so you can try to delay it a bit. With good production starts I usually build two early settlers, and it'd be tempting to aim at getting the pantheon just after finishing the second for four early cities.

14. steveg700

steveg700 Warlord

Getting a pantheon is a race. Things in a race don't require perfect balance. Indeed, not much point to a race when the reward for late placement is more-or-less equal to placing early.

I picked Religious Settlements in my first game. Didn't occur to me later that getting +1 culture for all my plantations would've yielded plenty of culture, enough that it might have been the better pick, even counting the bonus settler. Got to pay more attention.

Has Earth Goddess been confirmed as working for Inca's mountain tiles?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  15. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I got it with my capital at pop 1 and nothing changed regarding the city population or time to next growth. I didn't pay attention to next settler cost.

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  16. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Escalating your next Settler cost, let alone dropping the pop, definitely cools down Religious Settlements. Still a great pantheon for Mali and quite possibly for others depending on their circumstances, but not a clear cut decision.

Icicle likes this.
  17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Yeah but you're building other stuff instead of a settler. I still think it's strong, but maybe kind of boring compared to other pantheons.

18. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

15 percent to border growth is very useful though! Especially if you have high culture output (shame about the nerf to books though) I'm finding a significant difference as the game goes on (first time I've tried this pantheon ever in CivVI)... Your cap starts getting 4th and 5th ring tiles much earlier for the chops which you can use for more wonders! Synergizes very well with Pingala and Reyna.

Icicle, Meluhhan and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  19. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I love how for Gathering Storm I re-added Goddess of the Harvest (but also added increased general yields from harvesting in cities with a Holy Site) and by the time I finished updating the entire mod they decided to remove it altogether xD

Refering to my Religious Overhaul mod.

20. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Warlord

Maybe . you shall choose this when you have only 1 pop?