New pitboss

I'm getting the emails just fine. My spamblocker got the first one, but I whitelisted it and all is well.

Try adding WebStats@civstats.com to your allowed list?

And the reason the game timer is set for 23 hours is because it runs slow, stops whenever someone is logging in, etc. A 23hour setting works out closer to 25 hours in actuality.

I hadn't but did not receive any email from them anyhow. I've now added. Let's see if it changes.

Meanwhile... my first contact! Hello Rome! :hatsoff:

I'm probably being very blonde here but how the hell can you get Gmail to remove a sender from the spam list?

I'm probably being very blonde here but how the hell can you get Gmail to remove a sender from the spam list?

Add the email address to your contact list. :)

Hey-hey, a veteran is back to civ. Glad to see you around.

Because we got already 4 players who did not made it to this game, maybe if we get few more, we can think of starting a new pitboss alongside with this one?

Thunderstorm here, so game is down. I had the luxury of enough time to save though.

Game back up.

Paused the game with 7 minutes left for Luthor to be able to move. Maybe he thought game is still down?

2metra, do you think it's better to let the turn just roll to keep the game moving or pause for someone to let them move before the turn rolls?

Paused the game with 7 minutes left for Luthor to be able to move.

If I had known you guys would do that I wouldn't queue everything ten turns in advance. :eek:

Shouldn't be any holds on the clock at this stage simply for not playing within 24hrs.

Really should never be any hold on the clock at all except if requested by a player to deal with some form of problem.

Even when there is war the most you can do is extend the clock rather than make it infinite.

The pause button on your keyboard! Could it be anymore obvious! Lol

FF I believe the hold was simply because of the thunderstorm and the game being down for a while. Whilst I agree that we generally shouldn't stop the turn presently, I think this circumstance is exceptional enough to warrant it no?

Depends. On a normal PC it is near the print screen button. On a laptop it may require a push of a function button to access it, near where your print screen button is

Got it! Learned it! Unpaused it! Played it! Thanks! :)

It was more hidden than the regular one (showed by Knoedel) but it's there!!!!

FF I believe the hold was simply because of the thunderstorm and the game being down for a while. Whilst I agree that we generally shouldn't stop the turn presently, I think this circumstance is exceptional enough to warrant it no?

Yep, you're right it is reasonable.

Paused the game with 7 minutes left for Luthor to be able to move. Maybe he thought game is still down?

2metra, do you think it's better to let the turn just roll to keep the game moving or pause for someone to let them move before the turn rolls?

So early in the game, I think we must have special request by a player notifying us he cant play his turn in time and asking for a pause to actually pause. I agree though that after the game being down it is absolutely fine to have pause for the players to know the game is up and to play their turns if they missed their normal window for play (i.e. evenings their time after work, or whatever).

As a general guideline about pauses and time of playing and other time-related out of game issues, I can recommend a simple way to think about it - dont do to others things which you would not love being done to you. The game will be way more enjoying and fulfilling if the general friendship spirit is kept. (Killing someone in-game is obviously different story :) )

Top Bottom