• Not OK, Comment see below!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not care

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

disorganizer

Deity
As we discussed earlier in the Future Census Data Thread, the Department of Domestic Affairs/Census Office (DDA/CO) has decided to poll which data will be assessed and how registration will be handled in the future.
THE POLL WILL BE ONLINE FOR 7 DAYS

Registration Process:
Every Citizen has to Register in an Official Registry Thread. Every Citizen has to and must only post 1 Time with all Data Required (see second point). If Data Changes, the Citizen has to change his existing Post. Discussion is not allowed in the registry thread.
The only open question was wheter we force every citizen to update the post even if nothing changes every month so we can see from the update-date who is still there. you can vote about this point

Data to be collected
The Thread and IRC-Discussions showed us that we would need 3 Categories of Data: Mandatory (Must be filled), Optional (Can be filled) and Free-Text (Optional Data).
Optional Data will propably no be part of a Census.

MANDATORY:
Name: The name you have in the Forum
Chat-Name: If Chat-nickname not equal to *NAME*
City: The City where you live in our Empire
Mandate: official [!] function in the game. this has to be approved by cabinet, the president or the vice-president
former Mandate: for example "former President"
OPTIONAL:
function: for example "reporter for democratic daily"
membership: citizen-groups you belong to
Aspiring [function]: if you want to apply for a mandate or function, you can state it here. for example Aspiring Mapmaker would leed the government to maybe call you when they need one
OPTIONAL REAL-LIFE:
timezone: for example GMT+1 DST for Germany, meaning GMT+1 with Daylight-Saving Time
sex: well, not what you like but what you are ;-)
OPTIONAL FREE-TEXT:
a free textfield

The whole post should not extend 30 lines of text.

Name: SKILORD
City: Khatovar
function: Politician
membership: Spice traders guild
Aspiring [function]: Governor
REAL-LIFE:
timezone:Eastern standard
sex: male (perfers female though;))

Once Again... This is not the Registry... we only vote here for or against it... So dont post your data here, just your comments.

I'm for it.... (of course)

Disorganizer, you've got some spare time or what?

Are you actually planning on doing anything with this data? I'm not saying I don't like the idea, but:

a. if it's just for the data why obligatory update?
b. if you're not going to do something with it, it's just sitting there on the forum, so why update (I think people'll want to change their own data anyways when they're getting a public function)
c. if/when you're going to do something with it, wouldn't it cost you a lot of time?

Yeah, I know, I whine too much. Voted 'I don't care', not because I don't care but 'cause I want to keep the options open:)

GRNTX

EDIT: I do not only whine too much but I'm obviously blind too. Could have voted 'no obligatory update' (OPEN EYES NOW PLEASE). So, actually it's just how it works now, but with more options. The problem which arises before us now is the registration of newbies. But, I know, I whine too much. I will refrain from future whining. Please accept apologies.

i will...
at the moment, we do statistics about our citizens (for example how many citizens we have). it would help us identify citizens who lost interest in the game so we could de-register them (delete their post). what i thought we could do was check once a month while doing the stats if someone did not update in the last 3 months. if yes, we could pm him and ask wheter we sould delete him from the registry. if yes we could delete him.

no i dont have too much time, im just multitasking capable, so i can do my normal work and a bit of private things in parallel...

p.s:
it is not so much work because after the initial registration strike there will usualy be maybe 1-4 updates per week, so if i update the stats in the census every month it will propable be about 1h of work/month.

pss:
if someone wants to program a web-page with automatic registration and statistics capability and being able to export the data to excel, csv or access, this would be highly apreciated by the cenus office.
we would then also need a web-server with scripting-support for this... so maybe some web programmer likes to help?

Top Bottom