New release: R.E.D. v.41->44 !

Crash with version 44 while liberating
I can't reproduce it (no crash on capture, tried with both mechanized infantries), can someone else try it ?

thanks a lot! the only problem im encountering is that the load option seems to be blacked out, i started a new game and waited two turns,saved ,exited and opened again and the load option was still blacked out, even with the other versions i tired (Before .39) and sorry if this a noob question

I'm sorry, I can't help you with older versions (and I have no idea of what could be the issue here)

can someone else try it ?

No crash here.

I just noticed that the zone arround the city is German, shouldnt it be Finland?

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 280
maybe someone who had the "fall of..." crash then ?

I had the "fall of..." crash.

Can you try to edit one lua file ?

if yes, open RedFunctions.lua in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 44)\Lua" with any text editor (like notepad), find this code:

Code:
	if city:GetResistanceTurns() > 0 then
		city:ChangeResistanceTurns(-Round(city:GetResistanceTurns()*0.75)) -- lower the number of resistance turns by 75%
	end

and add this just before

Code:
	city = cityPlot:GetPlotCity()

final code should be:
Code:
	city = cityPlot:GetPlotCity()
	if city:GetResistanceTurns() > 0 then
		city:ChangeResistanceTurns(-Round(city:GetResistanceTurns()*0.75)) -- lower the number of resistance turns by 75%
	end

Thanks Gedemon no crash anymore.
I only need to do "city = cityPlot:GetPlotCity()"

On next turn (110) the culture return to Finnish instead of German.
the city (intended) or just the tile (like the Poland bug in v.40) ?

Thanks Gedemon no crash anymore.
I only need to do "city = cityPlot:GetPlotCity()"
thanks, I'll include that fix in next version.

Some other random notes / observations.

In my current game I am playing the Italians, and ... Germany is just friggen stupid. I mean running around with its hair on fire ignorant.

I dont know if im suddenly noticing this or if something changed with the AI after the last version change that took out Germany's early access to the mobile AT weapons. In those games as the French it was all i could do even with the Magionet line to stay afloat.

This game, it is Italy who took out France at the middle of May 1941, just in time to rush over and hold the line in eastern europe and stall the russians from northern europe, however i dont have the units yet to hold the line in the balkens, thats going to get ugly.

Britan still stands, and i cant do anything about that just yet either, however i have taken all of northern africa and all of the middle east.

After watching germany just sit there and be ignorant, and not even try to move east to engage the russians, i was a bit flustered and saved the game. With the very limited unit choice the itialians get i honestly dont know if i can stop the russians alone, or even mount anything against Britan, and the greeks are still alive and kicking too but with mother russia right on my doorstep i dont know what i can do there.

Im finally getting the research for the assault gun, so perhaps a visit to england is in order, the assault guns will make short work of their cities. Ill keep folks posted as this progresses but it might as well be just me vs the world, with germany around for comic relief and for griefing me out of tile placements and the wrong time... again... as usual.

Some other random notes / observations.

In my current game I am playing the Italians, and ... Germany is just friggen stupid. I mean running around with its hair on fire ignorant.

I dont know if im suddenly noticing this or if something changed with the AI after the last version change that took out Germany's early access to the mobile AT weapons. In those games as the French it was all i could do even with the Magionet line to stay afloat.

This game, it is Italy who took out France at the middle of May 1941, just in time to rush over and hold the line in eastern europe and stall the russians from northern europe, however i dont have the units yet to hold the line in the balkens, thats going to get ugly.

Britan still stands, and i cant do anything about that just yet either, however i have taken all of northern africa and all of the middle east.

After watching germany just sit there and be ignorant, and not even try to move east to engage the russians, i was a bit flustered and saved the game. With the very limited unit choice the itialians get i honestly dont know if i can stop the russians alone, or even mount anything against Britan, and the greeks are still alive and kicking too but with mother russia right on my doorstep i dont know what i can do there.

I noticed the same thing. I am playing Italians as well at the moment. Northern Africa/Middle East is a piece of cake.

Then moving in a straight line to Paris (taken around end of 1940) and then after operation Seelöwe has been lauched moving in on England (taken Norwich and this turn London, July 10th 1941).

This is going well on the western front I would say. However, now the eastern front is opening up and the German remain sitting on their arses around Strasbourg, Cologne. I only have five or six units in the Balkan and forced to move my North African troops into Greece to make a chance in the east.

The German AI definitely needs some tweaking I would say. They need to be more agressively against the Russians. Especially during the early phase of Operation Barbarrossa. Maybe it is wise to have such a project for the Germans?

thanks for the reports, and yes we need to understand why the AI is keeping those reserves on one front only.

could everyone test the savegame here:
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13861720#post13861720

I'd like logs from those crashing and those that don't.

and just a small progress report, I'm struggling a bit with the pathfinder code to make embarked units able to move through naval enemy units (seems to work fine for ships already)

once that done, I'll move on the "opportunity fire" code.

but I may add the new resources in the DB first so I can request your help to complete the map :)

I unable to play the mod,When i click custom game,It go in,i choose the edition and then it said wrong game version and downer it said error with mininal build and building...I have complete edition by the way

I downloaded the mod,As i started it,I clicked custom game,choose the edition but when i came in,It said wrong game edition and two error called,Minimal building and building,I have complete edition by the way

and just a small progress report, I'm struggling a bit with the pathfinder code to make embarked units able to move through naval enemy units (seems to work fine for ships already)

Work real fine, navy battle are more fluid as it should be. Also the recon/swipe area is very usefull.

Top Bottom