New release: R.E.D. v.41->44 !

Thinking of my previous post...

I had a somewhat likewise experience with Amsterdam (Dutch). It was a little bit of pingpong with me liberating Amsterdam, Germany conquering Amsterdam back and forth several times. When Germany conquered Amsterdam the surrounding area (1 hex around) turned German and my troop at the gates of Amsterdam bounced back to Belgium (allied territory).

This struck me as a bit strange...

A few more observations, perhaps covered in other threads that i missed!

Artillery units and ships do not get exp when attacking cities, however field guns, infantry, aircraft, armor units do, was this intended?

The German SP artillery units are not implemented, i found how to fix the lua for it, they were not added to the German Operations list, they are however defined... go figure =)

I remember a little bit about the SP antitank units not having an offensive ability, how can i change this? To me, personally, the SP antitank weapons are basically useless. Sure they look nice and may be a great defensive item somewhere, in some niche area, however i never build them at all, i would rather have field guns or artillery.

If anything else comes to mind ill share it! Thanks again for all of your hard work on this!

Also for another gee whiz, how can i set up the LUA to make the operations already be completed at the beginning of the game if i want to speed some things up, like give everyone all the goodies at the beginning except for say the jets? Those aircraft are some really nice items however they are friggen OP IMO :goodjob:

So after a few hours of sweat equity, trial and error... i did it =) I figured out how to assign projects to the Euro 1940 map, and toys abound for everyone, with the exception of the jets:king:

I also upped the unit cap just for gee whiz, and while initially Germany went wild and produced bunch's of goodies, its July of 1940 and the maginot line holds! Will keep folks posted.

Hey Gedemon. Turn 106 as Germany, No scripted events enabled and teh game crashes during turn rotation. Ive attached my luag. Save size too big to attah so I couldnt upload that. Hope şts fixeable

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    67.7 KB · Views: 207
In my current game, AI ships seem to totally ignore enemy embarked units, they never attack them. Is it volunteer ?

Due to the "embark restriction", there's currently no way to withdraw from an amphibious attack until we achieve to capture a port (or maybe I missed something ?).
Are you planning to add a possibility to reembark without port when there is no reinforcement line (which could cause heavy losses to the unit) ?

And I was wrong when I said that enemy ships ignored embarked units, I've just seen an AI ship attacking an embarked unit for the first time (in dec. 1940), but it's still rare.

No, but I plan to rework disbanding (so you can get back at least some personnel and materiel from a "lost" unit)

I noticed while I was doing a UK playthrough that the german units trying to avoid my blockade would actually use the UK as a land bridge to go around the blockade. How the heck can the AI use my port cities to embark their units when they dont control said cities/ports? That doesnt work for me.

Ive also noticed the same while playing as Germany, that the UI is able to land units on Europe to do some fast "raids", and then when i get close to them with units they simply embark from near one of my controlled ports. When ive played and tried this, im stuck where i land until i get a city with a port. Just a gee wiz boss =)

Hmm, Gedemon, maybe you can add a sea unit used to evacuate troops? I mean a unit, which is not nearby a city with harbor can embark on that sea unit. Well, I think that there could also be a british evacuation operation after fall of France. And btw I think that embarkation of unit shouldnt be free, I think there should be some cost(in material, or maybe in gold) to embark a unit.

I could allow reembarking when near a naval unit maybe, but we need to ponder that with the AI (in)abilities.

I have been playing for weeks and everything is fine but for some reason today everytime i activate in the ''mods screen'' i just get an infinite loading loop, im running ver 44 with data files v5

Top Bottom