[New Resource] Beets

jojoweb

Chimpa-Z
Hi !

I have made a new resource. It works well (see preview). You can modify easily the colours in the DDS files to make a better or an other resource.

Advised scale : 0.5 to 0.7 (1.0 in the preview, and they to big ^_^)

Nif file weight : 45 Ko (Normal for a resource)

Preview :

File : Click Here

Button preview :

Button file : Bouton_beets.dds

Bye

Personally I don't like Beets, but they look cool. DO they add +1 :health:, but -2 :( for children? :p

excellent . . . .

EDIT:

Time for a request: Is there anyway you can do a resource for Barely? I need it so that the brewery can make some $$$

My theory have barley resource, be able to build 1 brewery per resource, be able to build 4 ale houses per brewery, each ale house provides 1 happiness and 2 commerce (sadly though promotes war weariness, due to alchoholic remosrefullness of bygone comrades :( )

Crighton said:
excellent . . . .

EDIT:

Time for a request: Is there anyway you can do a resource for Barely? I need it so that the brewery can make some $$$

My theory have barley resource, be able to build 1 brewery per resource, be able to build 4 ale houses per brewery, each ale house provides 1 happiness and 2 commerce (sadly though promotes war weariness, due to alchoholic remosrefullness of bygone comrades :( )

I would suggest to use the wheat graphics. Even if the player zoom in, still to much distance to differ between a wheat field and a barley field.:mischief:

If you want to change the graphics, I suggest to open the wheat2.dds with a good dds-editer, send it to picture-it or an equivalent progamm and make it just a little bit darker.

The main differance between wheat and barley is that barley has inpressive long awns...:mischief:

Crighton said:
i think I'll give this a shot tonight (and throw in the beets too, though I HATE, have ALWAYES HATED, and WILL CONTINUE TO BEATS).

Did you know that in Europe the most sugar is made of beets?

Good news!

It's possible to let a building consum resources.
For example: Hollywood provides Bonuses:

<FreeBonus>BONUS_MOVIES</FreeBonus>
<iNumFreeBonuses>-1</iNumFreeBonuses>

The Brewery consum bonuses by providing negative bonuses

<FreeBonus>BONUS_BARLEY</FreeBonus>
<iNumFreeBonuses>-2</iNumFreeBonuses>

The Brewery consum bonuses by providing negative bonuses

<FreeBonus>BONUS_BARLEY</FreeBonus>
<iNumFreeBonuses>-2</iNumFreeBonuses>[/QUOTE]

No kidding, this may be a way to make resource modeling slightly more "accurate."

But what happens if you already have 0 resources, or it goes negative? The building won't stop working, right? (If the building requires the resource, and it goes to 0, I suppose it would? If that happens, does it stop using the -2 resources... OMG what if then starting creating -2 resources, and then stops working... aaaah!)

Surely this is easy to test. Wanna try?

(How did this get posted to beets?)

Padmewan said:
Surely this is easy to test. Wanna try?

(How did this get posted to beets?)

1. I made a short test with stones and walls (cause they allready have functional xml), durring the construction were in progress, it get the 50% bonus from the stones. As the walls were finished, no stone bonus anymore. This game mechanism needs more testing to find all the effects.

2. beets > beer > barley :crazyeye: :lol:

Top Bottom