New Resources

Hello people! I think you can tell by the content of this post, that I'm new to making scenarios in Civ III.
I just made an awesome scenario, but I want to add extra resources to it. And then I noticed that some scenarios had "Silver" as a resource and I decided to add that.
As far as I know, you need to copy-paste an art folder to extract a feature from another scenario.
But, none of these scenarios had "Resources" as an art folder.
That's why I couldn't add any new resources.
Thank you for your attention.

P.S.=
I also want to take "Silver"s icon as well.

Delta_Yukorami ... Welcome to Civfanatics Forums :)

Resources are in the Art Folder, resources.pcx and resources_shadows.pcx files.
The Civilopedia/ Icons/ Resources Folder has the Resource Large and Small images.

You also need to add the Resource to the Biq as well as the PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt files.

Delta_Yukorami ... Welcome to Civfanatics Forums :)

Resources are in the Art Folder, resources.pcx and resources_shadows.pcx files.
The Civilopedia/ Icons/ Resources Folder has the Resource Large and Small images.

You also need to add the Resource to the Biq as well as the PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt files.
Thanks for your help, but I didn't quite get the last part "adding the resource to the BIQ"

First add the Resource to the PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt
Add the Resource image to the resources.pcx and resources_shadows.pcx

Open the Biq and click "Natural Resources".
Click the "Add" Button to add a Resource.

First add the Resource to the PediaIcons.txt and Civilopedia.txt
Add the Resource image to the resources.pcx and resources_shadows.pcx

Open the Biq and click "Natural Resources".
Click the "Add" Button to add a Resource.
Oooh now I get it, you mean the scenario as BIQ, thanks for the explanation

Delta_Yukorami... When you are not absolutely sure about adding things to your Game, look at the Original Game Files so you understand better.
When you make a New Game you are simply making duplicate Files and Folders that your Game will use rather then all of the Original Game Files... all placed in your New Game Folder.

There are many Tutorials here you can take a look at and Members are Very Good about Helping and answering your Questions. Just be as specific as you can when asking a question :)

Delta_Yukorami... When you are not absolutely sure about adding things to your Game, look at the Original Game Files so you understand better.
When you make a New Game you are simply making duplicate Files and Folders that your Game will use rather then all of the Original Game Files... all placed in your New Game Folder.

There are many Tutorials here you can take a look at and Members are Very Good about Helping and answering your Questions. Just be as specific as you can when asking a question :)
Thank you very much for your help, I will take a look at all of them for my next works :)

Hey, Delta_Yukorami, remember that if a resource is in another, already-installed folder, sometimes you can tell the scenario file to ‘look’ for such artwork in more than one folder.

Top Bottom