New Rise of Mankind Runtime Error

The MAF I reported is with using just straight 2.5 patched to 2.51 no Megapack.

This type of MAF has been reported in the CIV IV Bug Reprt thrd where strategyonly directed me to. Problem is I have no clue what Ori and the others are talking about. It's beyond my simple computer skillz.

So I save every 5-10 turns and so far have only had 2 MAFs per 4hr play block. Generally loose about 2 turns of play.

I seriously contend that RoM2.5 needs an alternate .dll for number of CIVs allowed. 24-32 IS Way more CIVs than I'll ever play with. The current game with the MAF has had a total of 16 AI and 5 of those I've eliminated already before the MAF. With the MAF on a Scripted RoM Map, Huge, Epic, and 11 active CIVs I must save as I posted.

Maybe I should abandon the BarbCivMod as well? I've already abandoned the RevMod, won't play it. Where does it go from there?

JosEPh :(

As the same as Davidr and Soul oWar, the 7zip version would MAF when trying any size greater that small, after deleting and trying the winzip version works like a charm and I haven't had anymore MAFs.

I use Winzip too but the file is nearly 1gb size and 400 mb when compressed. On extraction to Mods folder it reverts to the larger size. Is there a way of getting the compressed files into the mod folder?

I only play on normal map with 13 AI.. :( but still get this ever so often when clickon on civilopedia etc :((

Add me to the list of people unable to use the 2.51 extra civ pack. I reverted back to 2.5 and my Gigantic/Snail/50-civ game's been back to playing well.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved, or made optional somehow.

Same to me. Looks like megapack leads game to load all civ info into memory causing MAF?

It is definitely caused by extra civs. I tried original 2.51 - everything works fine even on biggest map size.

But when I add the extra civs or when I install whole thing from mega pack - there is memory allocation failure. :crazyeye:

hope the author fixes this problem, i would like to play with the extended pack, but it seems it is VERY UNSTABLE with the civ pack. I get the runtime error when starting game

It can occur without using the Megapack too. As I've been posting I don't use the civ packs, in any form. I don't even use the RevMod in a Custom game. But still have experienced the MAF with the 2.5 to 2.51 RoM.

I really don't think this is a problem that Zappara can fix except to scale back RoM. It seems this is a CIV4 BtS.exe problem. The problem that we are running into has been reported in other mods too. Even as far back as 2007. Just too much data to handle for many computers, but not all. I hope I'm wrong on this.

I've added the /3GB switch to the Boot.ini and I'm hoping this helps my WinXP Pro system. But even the author of the switch and Civfanatics Moderators from the Bug Reprts Thread admit this is but a "patch" and not a true fix. The CIV4 "engine" I think has been stretched to it's limits. :(

JosEPh

hope the author fixes this problem, i would like to play with the extended pack, but it seems it is VERY UNSTABLE with the civ pack. I get the runtime error when starting game

If your having a Runtime error that usually means you need to update your graphics drivers and directx.

sorry I dont get the point. it works excellent without the civ pack

Well in the post above you said you get a runtime error, i said try reinstalling your drivers and directx. So i guess that would be the point, no offense.
If your puter is OLD like mine, i still have an AGP graphics card, all i needed to do was what i said above and it worked for me.

Thanks, though I played with a friend of mine. and he has also the same problem when playing with the extended pack. He has a high-end pc

maybe its a multiplayer problem. didnt try with single player. but without the civ pack. mp works fine

Thanks, though I played with a friend of mine. and he has also the same problem when playing with the extended pack. He has a high-end pc

maybe its a multiplayer problem. didnt try with single player. but without the civ pack. mp works fine

Yeah i am working on a watered down version of a mod right now, and i think you cant go over 50-55 civs right now (total in mod) and NOT get a MAF, late in game (this is only with 17 civs played) , right now i got mine down to 70 and i have the graphics still on high till the future age. So i am doing good for now.

strategyonly,

besides the /3GB Switch and updating my vid card driver what else may need updating? Especially since CIV BtS uses a modified version of DirectX 9.0c.

I had a video slowdown last night, screen scrolling got choppy. So I saved and after that it played okay.

I only just now updated the Vid Driver so play this evening may or may not give any clues. Can't hurt though.

JosEPh

I'm to the point where getting 4-5 turns finished takes about 1 1/2 - 2hours time.

It did get choppy when scrolling main screen on the 4th turn last night. After saving I only finished 2 more turns before quitting for the evening. Just can't play late and work the next morning anymore. :p

JosEPh

I get a Runtime Error from loading any game past 647 AD. I played up to 940AD, saving intermittently, then went to bed. The next day none of the interim saves got past the feature list that's shown just before the load finishes. I've tried loading from the main menu, from the RoM main menu, by double-clicking on a save game to start Civ, and using autosaves as well as explicit saves. No dice.

Does this mean I'll have to play it Iron-Man style to continue, and not turn off the computer or game between sessions?

I get a Runtime Error from loading any game past 647 AD. I played up to 940AD, saving intermittently, then went to bed. The next day none of the interim saves got past the feature list that's shown just before the load finishes. I've tried loading from the main menu, from the RoM main menu, by double-clicking on a save game to start Civ, and using autosaves as well as explicit saves. No dice.

Does this mean I'll have to play it Iron-Man style to continue, and not turn off the computer or game between sessions?

I'd say look at post # 33 above, and go from there.;)

Top Bottom