New Rise of Mankind Runtime Error

I've got runtime errors too, but what troubles me really is that two of the amerindians civs seem to have no UU and UB. I haven't noted the names though, and as I deleted the extended version...

I have noticed that my two year old computer is now dieing of old age with this game. I have a 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo with 3 GB RAM and a Radeon X1600 with 256MB of memory. With 2.51 MegaPack installed I am getting frequent MAF errors - usually when a civilization starts dimplomacy of if I consult an adviser. If I restart the game I can get through it for a few turns and then I get a crash again.

I will go back to 2.51 without the MegaPack to see if this helps.

I know that this mod requires hefty resources, but if this kind of computer can't play a custom game with a large map, I think something should be done about it.

Late 1800's and the screen lag is getting bad even with the /3GB switch.

I removed the /3GB switch to see if it makes any difference with only 1.5 gigs of ram.

Looks like I might have to leave Huge maps alone or at least RoM scripted maps on Huge. :(

JosEPh

I'm getting some random MAFs in my current game, but it seems a bit different from the ones I was getting in Warlords. For one, it only happens when processing a turn and I do not get a mangled autosave file. I usually reboot and the game runs fine for awhile. In Warlords, I'd get MAFs while the game was either autosaving or if I manually saved late in the game.

(I've already enabled the /3GB switch and that's worked fine on other mods.)

Not sure what's causing this, though it is currently just a minor annoyance. Will have to see how it progresses or switch to a smaller map and see what happens.

Top Bottom