BUG REPORT, F.A.Q. and known issues

I'm not sure why but running the latest, patched version (from Steam, having changed the .ini to Mods\Chronicles of Mankind and just running) just crashes on launch. Makes it to Init XML and then crashes before Init Engine...

Any advice?
Seems like a faulty install. All I can say is to try reinstalling the mod.

Only if you have installed AND2 and CoM on top of each other.
But no. I have several modifications of both AND2 and CoM in the mods directory without issues.
Yeah I tried a full re-install...same issue

Yeah I tried a full re-install...same issue
Probably a stupid question, since you are a Steam user but is patch 3.19 installed?
I have no other idea 😕

I do. No worries! But just to confirm, extracting the main archive and patch into the Mods folder for BTS is all you need to do right? and then just overwrite all pertinent files in the patch? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing something laughable

I do. No worries! But just to confirm, extracting the main archive and patch into the Mods folder for BTS is all you need to do right? and then just overwrite all pertinent files in the patch? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing something laughable
How didn't I reply to this? :eek2: :wallbash:

Yes, it is exatly the way you described.

How didn't I reply to this? :eek2: :wallbash:

Yes, it is exatly the way you described.
I think it is a graphical issue maybe? Is the CoM .fpk changed in any major way from the AND one?

I’m using CrossOver on a Mac and I do ultimately think that’s the issue (should’ve def mentioned this earlier, in hindsight)

But AND has always worked fine

Hotjoining (reconnecting) inevitably causes an OOS (ok, this one has been around at least for 5 years and noone plans to fix it), depending on some random factor a persisting OOS happens first ~5 turns into the game, wasn't the case for 440x200 Terra scenario, so it's leaders are not under suspicion.
Is there still someone around to troubleshoot those? Which logs would be relevant?

Last edited:
I'm getting MAF error, i tried applying 4gb patch and decreasing graphics, didn't work.

I'm on the Earth3_162_mst randomiser on Gigantic setting, Eternity game speed. Any fix for this?
I'm also getting tons of XML Info error popups when i launch the game, did i mess up the installation?
Also tried editing the ini to not store cache but that didn't work either, even after i cleared cache.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Major BC-1061.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 1690722536226.png
    1690722536226.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 10
I'm also getting tons of XML Info error popups when i launch the game, did i mess up the installation?
Well... you did and didn't.
As I see, you have also installed MegaPack which is not fully compatible with CoM. This explains the error messages. These errors shouldn't prevent you from playing the game though I can immagine that they increase the possibility of MAF errors. I didn't test this theory though but I advise you try playing the mod without MegaPack and see if there is a difference.
Note: You should be able to turn off MeaPack even in your current game if you really want to continue.

Well... you did and didn't.
As I see, you have also installed MegaPack which is not fully compatible with CoM. This explains the error messages. These errors shouldn't prevent you from playing the game though I can immagine that they increase the possibility of MAF errors. I didn't test this theory though but I advise you try playing the mod without MegaPack and see if there is a difference.
Note: You should be able to turn off MeaPack even in your current game if you really want to continue.
What happens with leaders in the game from the MegaPack? Will they default to other leaders?

Well they did but the error still pops up on the same turn, i'm afraid this will happen again even if start a new save without the Megapack
And what about the compatibility patch, is it not supported?

Attachments

• 1690732618832.png
    1690732618832.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1690732656205.png
    1690732656205.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 11
Well they did but the error still pops up on the same turn, i'm afraid this will happen again even if start a new save without the Megapack
Well, it is possible. May I ask about your system specifications?
Are other mods running well with similar settings?

And what about the compatibility patch, is it not supported?
That is still for an older version.
I plan to have a sort of updated version in the future or to add civs from the MegaPack to the main mod but I'm really behind schedule with modding.

Could you post a save file before the MAF?

Well, it is possible. May I ask about your system specifications?
Are other mods running well with similar settings?

That is still for an older version.
I plan to have a sort of updated version in the future or to add civs from the MegaPack to the main mod but I'm really behind schedule with modding.

Could you post a save file before the MAF?
I have no other mods running besides the music pack right now, did a fresh reinstall of your mod without the Mega pack
Here are two saves for good measure.

Attachments

• Major BC-1193.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Major BC-1079.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 1690750761255.png
    1690750761255.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 16
Okay, I tried your game and I managed to run it for 10 more turns without any MAF errors. Save file attached. So the problem can be on your side.
Where did you install the mod? To your BtS folder or to MyGmames?

I also entered the world builder and saw some graphical glitch:
1690795299974.png

1690795322416.png

See those strange "shadow" lines? AFAIK those are because the map is too big and the game cannot handle the graphics properly. (This error should be the same with any other mod on the same map size).
So I suggest to start an other game one size smaller and see if you still get MAFs or not.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-1052.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Okay, I tried your game and I managed to run it for 10 more turns without any MAF errors. Save file attached. So the problem can be on your side.
Where did you install the mod? To your BtS folder or to MyGmames?

I also entered the world builder and saw some graphical glitch:
View attachment 668409
View attachment 668410

See those strange "shadow" lines? AFAIK those are because the map is too big and the game cannot handle the graphics properly. (This error should be the same with any other mod on the same map size).
So I suggest to start an other game one size smaller and see if you still get MAFs or not.
I installed it in MyGames folder under \My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Chronicles of Mankind
On an unrelated sidenote i found this Barbarian general :)

Attachments

• 1690834146922.png
    1690834146922.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
I installed it in MyGames folder under \My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Chronicles of Mankind
It is advised to install mods like this:
[whatever]\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Chronicles of Mankind
So install it into the same subfolder where you find the BtS.exe.

On an unrelated sidenote i found this Barbarian general :)
I guess you are playing with Barbarian Generals option ON :)

Top Bottom