BUG REPORT, F.A.Q. and known issues

i tried applying 4gb patch
3.19 has that built-in.
I'm on the Earth3_162_mst randomiser on Gigantic setting, Eternity game speed. Any fix for this?
Not until source code is released or Civ4 rebuilt from scratch. Just don't play gigantic maps and try to avoid DLLs with too much AIs possible, since memory is always reserved for maximum capacity.

It is advised to install mods like this:
[whatever]\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Chronicles of Mankind
So install it into the same subfolder where you find the BtS.exe.

I guess you are playing with Barbarian Generals option ON :)
I'll try that and perhaps playing a 1 map size smaller if my save hits a wall again, by the way why are there so many tiles that deal so much damage upon stepping on them? Some deal 55%, what's up with that?

by the way why are there so many tiles that deal so much damage upon stepping on them? Some deal 55%, what's up with that?
Because you have Movement Limits (Game option) and Terrain Damage (BUG option) both on. Some terrains deal damage, like Desserts. If it's too far from your nearest city, the damage is even higher.
Normally it's 25% damage if you are outside your movement range. This range will increase with new cities and new techs.

Because you have Movement Limits (Game option) and Terrain Damage (BUG option) both on. Some terrains deal damage, like Desserts. If it's too far from your nearest city, the damage is even higher.
Normally it's 25% damage if you are outside your movement range. This range will increase with new cities and new techs.
Say how do i raze cities? I wanna get rid of cities near my main cities i conquered from the enemy, level 1's too.

Say how do i raze cities? I wanna get rid of cities near my main cities i conquered from the enemy, level 1's too.
Did you install the patch? You should be able to raze cities normally.

What patch are you talking about exactly?

Attachments

• Major AD-0611-Summer.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
@Majorworm
Since in your save there was no enemy city to capture in this turn I had to WB cheat. But razing is working normally, as in BtS:
1691785938827.png

1691786022354.png

1691786058578.png

I tried loading up a game today and it seems all my recent saves were corrupted with a message saying Failed to uncompress game data. I think what probably happened is i loaded into a corrupted autosave and then manually saved after but i'm not really sure.. I was in the transhuman era spamming late game units and building though, so maybe that has something to do with it

Game Options

Advanded start
City flipping after cnquest
Permenent alliance
Start as minor
Multiple Production
Multiple research
usable mountains
surround and destroy
advanced diplomacy
Barbarian genrals
assimilation
great commanders
real culture spread
larger cities
realistic corporations
Religion decay
movement limits
united nations
advanced espionage

New dawn options

Defender withdrawal
flexible difficulty
better air intercept
realistic diplomacy
dynamic xp
battlefield promotions
multiple religion spread

Dcm Option
oppurtunity fire
air bombing
active defense
fighter engage

IDW Options
IDW influence
Pillage influence

Inquisition options
Inquisitions Enabled

Super Spies Options
Super Spies Enabled

Attachments

• War.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Chronicals 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • AutoSave_AD-1899-Spring.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
  • AutoSave_AD-1903-Spring.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
AFAIK there is no way to fix a corrupted save file. It's a general rule for every mod and game. If some data is missing the game is likely to crash :dunno:
I am sorry to say this :(
Yeah i mean it was a winning game anyway, but i'm more concerned of why it happened. It could just be autosave wierdness or something else, next game i'm going to change the ini file to just save after every turn and do like 1000 saves, so if it does happen again maybe i can catch it if it's a certain building or promotion possibly causing it.

Every time I try to mod Civ IV I get some bizarre bug that has no explanation. This time, I found my research greatly accelerated in the Ancient era playing on a Giant Medium_and_Small map at Snail speed on Noble difficulty. It would seem that when I founded my first city my research was 100 beakers or so per turn, with most techs taking less than 5 turns to research, which was obviously far more than I was actually generating from my city. Then my research suddenly dropped back to normal on turn 135 after I researched Sailing. I checked WorldBuilder and other civilizations were far less advanced than I was at that time, suggesting that only my research was accelerated. Has anyone else had this issue? What might be causing it?

I am getting 43 XML error messages as I start the mod. As this is the first time I am playing this mod, I started with a clean install in steam/steamapps/common/sid meyer's civilization iv beyond the sword/beyond the sword/mods and I applied the patch to the new Chronicles folder. I did not use the megapack at that point, and I got the 43 errors during init XML. Then I tried using the megapack and the related patch (3.1) and I still have the 43 errors. After having read this thread, it does not seem normal. I have set my steam game to original release. I also cannot open the mod via the launcher (there is an error), I have to open the game, and load the mod from the start screen. The mod seems to work, but the errors worry me.

Somewhere I read something about moving an .ini file to a different folder, would that help? Sorry, I am clueless when it comes to computer files.

I also cannot open the mod via the launcher (there is an error), I have to open the game, and load the mod from the start screen.
You can make a shortcut with -mod=\Chronicles of Mankind after Civ4BeyondSword.exe", same with any other mod's name you would need.

Thanks for the reply, but I do not understand what you mean, sorry. In the launcher, I have set the destination to Civ4BeyondTheSword.exe and it does not work. Are you saying something else?

Last edited:
Top Bottom