New to Civilization, what should i play?

yeah, it's just changing a value in a text file..nothing to it.

Actually, Lunitis, I prefer creating my own shortcut to load mods, as I don't want a specific mod to load each time. Easier approach is to do this:

1) right-click BTS executable > Create shortcut

2) Right-click new shortcut > Properties >put cursor in the "Target" field > hit your End button > one space > then type in the following:

mod=" BAT Mod 4.1"

Basically, what is in the quotes must match the name of the Mod, which is the name of its folder inside the Mod folder.

hmm..I encountered a couple of issues myself with steam. One was for some reason it parsed out 1 letter of the mod name. (I fixed it by adding an extra B). This doesn't appear to be the case though.

The only times I get that message is sometimes when I did not open the Steam Client first.

Also, make sure you set both the BTS executable and the Steam executable to "run as administrator" in Compatibility setting.

(It appears the shortcut is in the right place, as long as everything else is in the right place. What directory are you putting your mods in?)

Try taking out the leading space.

Or...drumroll....COMMUNISM
*cue Red Army propaganda music*
In Civ III, Communism didn’t eliminate corruption the way SP eliminates distance maintenance in Civ IV—it just spread it evenly amongst your cities. Still punished you for having a large empire, just in a different way than if in free market.

Top Bottom