New Unit: Partisan (July 9, 2005)

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's my latest unit: a Partisan, which I think is supposed to be Danish for use in a Danish mod. Well, I like Denmark and the Danes, so I figure I could help out with the mod in my own way. It not exactly like Juul's concept drawing, but it's close enough, I think. It could be used for just about any European civilization, I'd imagine. Anyway, I had a good time putting this guy together, so I ended up making victory and fidget animations for it. I guess, it just needs some sounds. I hope you all will like it.

Download.

Looks good, but isn't he a bit big? At least he looks huge... I'd need a point of reference to say for sure, though...

Very nice, utah! :) I'd say he looks pretty much like a Snaphane.

@varwnos: Middle Age. He's from the 17th century.

Right on! Now I have to figure out how I'm going to fit him in to my epic...

Very good :D And not every unit needs to be bright and sunny. It's nice to see a few darker units, and this fits his purpose... resistance.

Looks Great! Love the way you handled the Recoil of the Firearms along with his movements...adds a nice touch and depicts his Attitude, which seems to be a confident one...and you know every good Partisan needs that :) :goodjob: Trouble downloading (5 bytes and says not valid) ...just me or anyone else?

:thanx: :thanx: :thanx:
He looks so cool, utahjazz7! He will be a great addition to my mod.
I noticed that some of you asked about some details about this unit. As P.S.Y.C.H.O. it is from the 17th century. The unit is called a "Snaphane". They were a group of resisters from the Danish province Skåne which was conqoured by Sweden in the Danish-Swedish war in 1657-1660. As Cimbri already mentioned, the most famous af them was the leader of the resistance Svend Povlsen, who was also known as "Svend Gønge'" or "Gøngehøvdingen" (I really don't know how to translate that).

Vuldacon said:
Looks Great! Love the way you handled the Recoil of the Firearms along with his movements...adds a nice touch and depicts his Attitude, which seems to be a confident one...and you know every good Partisan needs that :) :goodjob: Trouble downloading (5 bytes and says not valid) ...just me or anyone else?
I had no trouble downloading. I did so again just now to see if something had gone wrong, but it still works. Confirmed by opening zip file.

Ooh, I'm very tempted to put this into the WH Mod... a duellist, or Bandiosa? Hmm, I'll have to think it over. Great unit!

A most excellent job!! :D

Top Bottom