New Unit: Quinquereme (with Corvus)

Orthanc

Shipwright
Ancient Roman oddity, the Quinquereme with the corvus, or deployable bridge thingy. I'm not quite sure how it'll work in-game (the corvus attack), definately make sure you have the "rotate before attack flag" checked for this unit, or else you'll get some weird stuff happening.

Anywho, I've got a preview animation and the civilopedia attached to this. The file is below:

Quinquereme

Yes that is how it's spelled. Enjoy!

EDIT: Oops, small issue. In the INI file, under animations, fortify change the name from QuinqueremeFortify.flc to QuinqueremeFidget.flc

Attachments

• Quinquireme4.JPG
    Quinquireme4.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,831
  • QuinqueremeAttackA.gif
    QuinqueremeAttackA.gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 4,017
it looks like it was made to capture other ships so I'd think it should have the slavery tag set

I take it that most people would use this as a galley replacement? Or are you going to have an advanced technology that allows Romans to upgrade their galleys to quinqueremes?

How about the stats in comparison to normal galley?

It should definately be slower than the galley, definately have a higher attack, but maybe a lower defense since a galley could out-maneuver one of these fairly easily. It also should be able to carry more troops than a galley, but then it also might only be able to transport foot units since loading a catapult or something onto one of these would be suicide. Just some ideas, I have not yet included stat suggestions in any of my unit releases since I feel that the downloader should have at least some creative contribution to the unit's inclusion in whatever mod they're using it for.

Oh and thanks for the compliments everyone! :D

Brilliant job well done Orthanc! If anyone wants to see it in action the unit will be used in Pinktilapia's scenario, Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. Definitive version should be out soon, try the beta link in my sig.

Hmm, this unit is sorta on the specific side, it would probably work best in just ancient era mods/ scenarios. If you have Quinqueremes (both aaglo's and this one) they'd probably work best as upgraded galleys, with this one being the unique one for the Romans.

As in 1600-1800's type vessels only of Mesoamerican heritage? Maybe, I'm a little busy with a few other things right now (ie: the Highwind Jet Mode) but maybe by early-mid July I can get to some other stuff. It might be neat for a style change.

Wolfwood said:
I take it that most people would use this as a galley replacement? Or are you going to have an advanced technology that allows Romans to upgrade their galleys to quinqueremes?

How about the stats in comparison to normal galley?

I would make it slower and have enslave ability. Rome eventually abandoned their Corvus, so it wasn't a super weapon, but it did give Rome a temporary advantage.

Top Bottom