New Unit: Rat Swarm (1st January, 2006)

LizardmenRule! said:
oh, are you saying it looks strange coz the rats run out then back, and out and back etc. etc. ...
Yes, that's what I tried to say. ;)
I wonder if the Skaven have sports teams...
Pretty strange ones then, I'd imagine; their feet are probably quite useless for kicking balls and such, but then they could throw it with the tail or something...:crazyeye:

Thanks

@ mrtn: they would probably have gladiator-style contests between the clans, and would be something like this:

"...in the blue corner - from Crookback Mountain and representing Clan Pestilens - is Vermolk the Infested. This Plague Monk has had a stella season and is the favourite for this contest."

"That's right, Obscikch, but who could underestimate the Rampaging Rat Ogre - Surgist the Dominator - and his handler Reminrot the Cauteriser. Just last month, Surgist ripped apart the opposing Gutterrunner a mere three minutes into the fight. I had never seen anything like that before in all my years commentating in the Skavenblight 'Rat Rumble" pitfighting contests."

"That was amazing, wasn't it Fabriling? Anyway, the crowd is getting excited - i can see a bunch of Clanrats down there painted from head to tail in red and yellow, which are Vermolk's colours. The referee has entered the ring and the Screaming Bell has been rung. This will be one hell of a fight...!"

btw: Vermolk won the first round, and Surgist the Dominator was dazed during round 2. But Surgist came back and, after ripping off one of Vermolk's arms, ripped the Screaming Bell off its supports and crushed the Plague Monk and the referee, giving him a win by default.

Geez i'm stupid :lol:

Actually there is real Skaven pitfighting(see here)

Master Moulders fight their Giant Rats and Rat Ogres against each other, and do transplants and implants and generally tryto make their creatures more ferocious and deadly.

Hmmm... maybe a new Skaven-only improvement: Pitfighting Arena.Increases science by 50% and makes one unhappy citizen content.

This is another unit to try and persuade those at the Warhammer Mod to put the Skaven in the game as a civ.
Just to let you know, my (at least) view of this is that the Skaven won't be added until it's possible to add the whole civ in one go. Thus we need a LH, and probably some more units too, before that is possible. Don't despair though, I (at least, again) like the skaven, but we can't add a civ unit by unit to the mod... :undecide:
And it's also important that the units and other gfx has a good enough quality.

I'm currently making a skaven Mordheim gang, btw. :)

Cool! I would wanna play some Warhammer, but since i'm a student (just finished high school :D) and do not have a job, it is a little expensive for me :(

With quinzy's skaven there are now eight skaven units, and three ships. true, a LH has to be made, since the one i made was crap, but still... the Amazons (by my count) have nine units, so we must not be far away! ;)

Top Bottom