New Unit: Roman Legion 3/2/04

Finally, an upgrade to the standard Legionary that also has build animation. Thanks. :goodjob:

lol you dont sound so enthusiastic as i was aeldrik

perfect unit... great work...

It should go more like this:

PERFECT UNIT!!! GREAT WORK!!!

;)

Just one more question :) When do u think the leader will be done (not to be pushy or anything). That way i dont have to check the forums for it each day. When you finish it would be nice if you let us know here too :) just a thought. Thanks!

If you're talking about the army unit with the roman standard I don't know... I'm trying to wrap up some other projects this week.

alright, lol then i wont have to check the forums for it each day :D

Cool :D Thanks Nonnob3... That sounds great.

great but now i'm having tonsa fun tryin to figure out how to use it.

Make it a Medieval Infantry replacement, or put it at Construction, or Engineering.

I actually put all the Legions made in one game, and it is kinda difficult to use them all (Firaxis' Legionary, BeBro's Early, Late, and Imperial Legios, Utahjazz's Heavy Legionary, and Kinboats Legion).

ok sorry to ask again kinboat, but whens the standard gonna be done :D i cant wait to get it

Actually, if you want to save yourself some trouble, you could just make one flc of the Standard Bearer to use as the fortify flc of this Legion. Might be more useful in a regular game, to boot.

Just a thought. I do the same sort of thing with Steph's converted units. There are some GREAT flag units, but I couldn't find any use for them. Finally, I got the idea to just use the run.flc's and the fortify.flc's with regular combat units. Works and looks great in-game.

I persoanlly made the firaxis legion into asort of renaissance infantryman, as has the feel about him IMO- this new legion replaces the origional legionary

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
Make it a Medieval Infantry replacement, or put it at Construction, or Engineering.

I actually put all the Legions made in one game, and it is kinda difficult to use them all (Firaxis' Legionary, BeBro's Early, Late, and Imperial Legios, Utahjazz's Heavy Legionary, and Kinboats Legion).

Same here... :D

But I have also managed to insert the MF Legionary naming it in my "600 units mod"... :crazyeye:

In my mod, all Civilizations has flavour units for each era. In which I believe the game should be.

It has taken me a year or more to make "PERFECT" this game, and as soon as I think it's finally done,...another GREAT unit is created! :p

.... I LOVE THIS GAME! :lol:

what replacements have you used for what- i havent yet found a suitable knifght replacement for the zulu for example...

Originally posted by Xen
what replacements have you used for what- i havent yet found a suitable knifght replacement for the zulu for example...

Good question :)

Well, I came upon that problem and solved it with one of Steph's Converted units.
It is a Horseman that looks like a Zulu (dark skinned) unit in the game.

My "Perfect Mod" is very compless, and the file size is over 1GB! :eek:

Attachments

• pueblo_mounted_pike.png
    pueblo_mounted_pike.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 429
Top Bottom