New Unit: Spanish Pikeman (May 9, 2005)

utahjazz7 said:
The concept art for the unit can be found in the link below. The page comes from the DBA online, and it is for army #171: Medieval Spanish, 1350AD-1485AD. Click on the "Spears (Sp)" button.

All complaints can be directed toward them. ;)

http://www.dbaol.com/armies/army_171_figure_1.htm
I might, since I am not impressed by that link. :)
I am not a military historian, but I did specialize in the early modern era, and I am pretty sure about how a pikeman should look.
Here is a link to a quite good page about the Spanish tercio, this site is unfortunately a bit "moody", so you may have to try several times before you get access to it unfortunately:http://www.geocities.com/ao1617/weapon.html
However, please have in mind that I come in peace, I respect and admire your work.

Plotinus said:
It could upgrade to embryodead's Mozarab Infantry.

Actually, it should be the other way around. :)

This unit does look like a common spanish warrior in the 2nd half of the Middle Ages. It's not to be mistaken as a pikeman which is a professional renaissance infantryman. ;)

I can honestly say that almost 100% of your units go straight into my mod
Keep up the good work

This is a very good looking unit undeed.
And about the site reference, though I have to use it my self, I have HUGE objections to many of the things they done.

But it's usefull to have some input on things you don't know all too well.
Any suggestions in the Reference threads would be great, so we can have more accurate sources(or any sources).

nice unit, and not to take away from it, but HOLY SMOKES!!! look at that beast that is Kinboat's new avatar! And I thought his last avatar was cool looking. Hopefully we can all look forward to seeing these models converted into new units!

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me if the unit and the unit's name are totally historically accurate or not. This thread does remind me though, of a thread in the general C&C forum a couple weeks back about there not being enough historic units being made. A couple of unit creators mentioned the barrage of posts that come when a unit is not 100% totally correct. ;)

Don't worry; I'm not offended by any of it. Just don't expect any changes. :)

Good job utah. This is the kind of no-frills spearman I'm looking for. A solid flavor.
I also see you've graciously given the doll some large feets.

Top Bottom