New Unit: Wizard

Kindred72

Vampire
My first unit in quite a while. For the upcoming fantasy mods.... It has a couple tiny flaws that I'm sure some of you will find. But, enjoy.

BTW if there are any Pallette Masters out there feel free to create White wizards/black wizards from this.

Wizard

Attachments

• wizardattackpreview.gif
    wizardattackpreview.gif
    16 KB · Views: 4,812
First to reply.

My first reaction was "Saruman King Unit", but I'm not a LOTR freak, so I can't be 100% sure.

Thank you Kindred.
Glad to see your making units again. Your Scottish Warrior was especially fantastic.

Originally posted by aaminion00
First to reply.

My first reaction was "Saruman King Unit", but I'm not a LOTR freak, so I can't be 100% sure.
Nah, it's Gandalf the Grey! ;)
Nice unit Kindred, good to see you up and running in the unit creation again. :D

Sorry to reply to myself, but I saw that there where transparency issues with the pcxs.
Kindred, it's easy to learn how to do it. If you use photoshop I can give you a "course". :)
Anyway, here they are:

Attachments

• wizard-fixed_pcxs.zip
    4 KB · Views: 314
Originally posted by embryodead
that lightning staff is great :goodjob:
how was the victory anim done (in poser too?)

Yeah, I did it all in poser. However, If I were to do it again, I'd make the light stream in the victory animation a little thicker, it's a little too hard to see in the game.

edit: Also, I wish I would have made the square wider so that the ball would fly a little farther.

Originally posted by mrtn
Sorry to reply to myself, but I saw that there where transparency issues with the pcxs.
Kindred, it's easy to learn how to do it. If you use photoshop I can give you a "course". :)
Anyway, here they are:

well, I don't really want to learn about pallettes, I hate em... dispise em...they suck... so, I'll count on you guys to fix my screw-ups :rolleyes: :D

:goodjob: Thank you for this beautiful unit Kindred72.
We have now an Istari (like Gandafl, Saruman, Radagast, ....).

:groucho: What do you think about a Nazgûl unit? :worship:

Originally posted by Vuldacon
Don't be so tough on yourself Kindred 72... This is a very Cool unit and I like your handling of the Light and Reflections. Great addition for my Fantasy Game. :goodjob:

Well, I know how picky you guys are.:p ;)

The attack and victory took me a long time to do with the lighting animations, so I kinda just sped through the other animations.

Originally posted by Ossric
great unit as always, but isn't the death flic not a little to stiff? I know he's old but..

yeah, as I said, I kinda rushed through some of the animations cuz i wanted to finish it.

Originally posted by Kindred72

edit: Also, I wish I would have made the square wider so that the ball would fly a little farther.

I have discovered it is always best to animate a 239x239 animation, it doesn't make the file size much larger, but allows you flexibility if you ever want to add to it, and 239 means you can use a a 10 wide pixel grid easily in a paint program. (there is an extra pixel in between animation cells that would throw off and make the grid useless)

Oh yeah, and this unit looks cool too. :goodjob:

OMG! This is one of the best units ever made, thank you!:thumbsup: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Top Bottom